Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone keep bang on about how shit the atmosphere is?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm bewildered. I sit in the Upper West near the North Stand and the atmosphere is always fantastic. I often come away from games with ringing in my ears. Last night was f***ing loud at points, and virtually everyone around me was singing - women, kids, elderly.

Granted, the North has been quieter than I was expecting, but the West has been f***ing rocking every match I have been to.

What are you dullards all moaning about?

Baffled.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Even in the East it's slowly getting better. May take a few more games for it to really take off.

Whatever anyone says it's immeasurably better than the Withdean Family Stand.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm bewildered. I sit in the Upper West near the North Stand and the atmosphere is always fantastic. I often come away from games with ringing in my ears. Last night was f***ing loud at points, and virtually everyone around me was singing - women, kids, elderly.

Granted, the North has been quieter than I was expecting, but the West has been f***ing rocking every match I have been to.

What are you dullards all moaning about?

Baffled.

I am not too far from you. G block. Agree. The first half in partcular was very noisy. Maybe it doesn't carry to other parts of the ground? :shrug:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Because it is shit
Alright it wernt at 100% last night but it was hardly shit, we didn't hear you f***ing lot for the 1st hour anyway, bunch of pricks only make a noise when ya winning & you know deep down you were silent for the 1st half so don't go giving it all that boy !!!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
The noise was incredible at the start of the game yesterday. Theres no one that can say it wasnt. Was f**king loud. Shame the performance didnt match it and then the atmosphere died down

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I am not too far from you. G block. Agree. The first half in partcular was very noisy. Maybe it doesn't carry to other parts of the ground? :shrug:
North corner of the west stand is LOUD even in the WSL, us boys in the front row just behind the w/chairs try & get the lower going & they give their all, what with that... The WSU & north stand the atmosphere is amazing in that part of the ground I don't care what anyone says

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
it's not shit mate it's only palace mongs and their selective memories that say it is. that said, we badly ran out of puff in the 2nd half yesterday which was poor against our rivals. not given much to cheer about tbh but still.

even in those shit circumstances it's a lot harder to rally 20,000 people to sing in unison than it is 2,400 concentrated travellers. pun intended. the palace giving it billy big bollocks are deluded little fuckwits on a wind up who want to think themselves support supermen.

PALACEFAN

Banned
May 24, 2011
Alright it wernt at 100% last night but it was hardly shit, we didn't hear you f***ing lot for the 1st hour anyway, bunch of pricks only make a noise when ya winning & you know deep down you were silent for the 1st half so don't go giving it all that boy !!!

your deluded

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
your deluded
You've been there once mate when you outplayed us, I've been 6 times now so I think I'm in a better position to judge it.
Leeds f***ing owned you lot for away support, you fuckers were sat with your tails between ya legs for most of the game

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
If you recorded the last couple of games on sky and watched them you will hear what a cracking atmosphere we have at the Amex. Yes we did seem a bit quieter against Palace, but would rather have the atmosphere of the Amex than any other ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here