Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did you build your ground so small.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
My view is that you should get no tickets. And, I can't think that any right minded Seagulls would want to travel to Smellhurst for a midwinter midweek away game either. It just isn't worth it. Away fans shouldn't be allowed at either of these fixtures.

You have got to be joking. Palace away is the highlight of the season, and probably the first match people looked for when the fixtures came out. Unless you were trying to be funny, I think that has got to be the daftest post I have ever read on this board.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Churley's old man is more than welcome. We're happy to accept that a section of the JCLs are former fans of various London clubs. So what that one of them used to support Palace. Welcome aboard Churley snr. Welcome to the light.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Churley's old man is more than welcome. We're happy to accept that a section of the JCLs are former fans of various London clubs. So what that one of them used to support Palace. Welcome aboard Churley snr. Welcome to the light.

You cannot blame Churley's Dad for wanting to sit amongst the Albion fans. He obviously wants to experience a bit of a decent atmosphere for once; anyone supporting Palarse for years must be going stir crazy by now. No ambition, no decent players brought in this season, shite ground, stale air, a club on the brink of bankruptcy again, yeah I can see why he would want to escape that nightmare for 90 minutes and pretend to support a real club for once.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So cos Palace can't fill their home end against us and give us 6k most of the time, that means all clubs should fail to fill their home end for the big derby games.. oh no hold on it means the grounds too small - f***ing morons.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
AXP have 50 pairs of tickets which will be "raffled" off a couple of weeks before each game to AXP staff. They also have a box which holds 10 people, this is shared around each AXP group throughout the season. There are also 2 tickets for the directors box for each game, that is it and yes, i do know!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My Dad's got a ticket in the Brighton end already. He called up AMEX who he was a top credit card with and asked for tickets. They were surprised by the request as they hadn't been asked yet, one week ago they called back and offered him 2 tickets for the Palace game.
I didn't know American Express had diversified into ticket touting. Obviously understandable if they have they have a few 1901 tickets for wining and dining, or giving to the odd rich daddy, but they are actually expecting lots of their customers to call asking for tickets. Maybe they should advertise this branch of their business more.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I didn't know American Express had diversified into ticket touting. Obviously understandable if they have they have a few 1901 tickets for wining and dining, or giving to the odd rich daddy, but they are actually expecting lots of their customers to call asking for tickets. Maybe they should advertise this branch of their business more.

Well there is an element of truth to this. I have a friend who works for Amex on their seriously wealthy card team.

Their job is to service that clients demands, in the past she has taken phone calls from numerous celebs wanting tix for this that or the other, or getting a table at the IVY at short notice etc.

So it IS possible, tho I have to say unlikely.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
My Dad's got a ticket in the Brighton end already. He called up AMEX who he was a top credit card with and asked for tickets. They were surprised by the request as they hadn't been asked yet, one week ago they called back and offered him 2 tickets for the Palace game.

I won't tell you where he's sitting, but it's safe to say that there will definitely be 2 Palace fans in the Brighton end.

if its true which i dont think it is, then i bet u a £10 he keeps his gob shut for the whole match and sits there trying to blend in. you
really have to be 'special' to sit in the home end and gob off

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Did you know corporate cardboard box facilities at shithurst swamp consist off - a wooden seat that has been wiped clean (others dont), a binliner with a hole in the top to keep you dry and jumpers woven out of Simon Jordans hair to keep you warm (take a nit comb though)!!!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Oh well, its great to see the Nigels so utterly excited.

28 pages+ on their Cup Final at the Amex, and before the season has even started...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck Churley and your 'dad', make sure you wear your palace scarfs.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I was, personally, referring to the fact you knew who your old man was and this fellow had enough cash in the bank to be recognised as a 'top credit' man.

Does 'your old man' realise that the balance needs to be paid eventually - a continued minimum payment will not suffice in the end?

He'll just start crying and offer them 1p in the pound. It's the Palace way.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a friend who works for Amex on their seriously wealthy card team.

Their job is to service that clients demands, in the past she has taken phone calls from numerous celebs wanting tix for this that or the other, or getting a table at the IVY at short notice etc.
I don't doubt it. Lots of local businesses have a couple of tickets so they can take some customers, you'd expect Amex, the biggest company in Brighton and sponsers of the stadium, to have a bundle of tickets for treating their clients. What I don't expect is them to be surprised that they haven't had loads of calls asking for tickets.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway...

why did we build our ground so small:
1) Planning issuses - we obviously have to show we can deal with 22k before extending to 30. Had we wanted to build a stadium capable of holding 35/40 would we have failed to get permission?
2) Demand - did the directors simply think that there wouldn't be the demand for over 30k in Brighton?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What's ridiculous is we're going to have to pay £6 more to sit in your SHIT HOLE that you will on a padded seat in our architectural marvel.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Top card at Amex = Amex Centurion card

They do sort out concerts, football matches, restaurants, theartre....you name it, so probably true.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You have got to be joking. Palace away is the highlight of the season, and probably the first match people looked for when the fixtures came out. Unless you were trying to be funny, I think that has got to be the daftest post I have ever read on this board.

This. Now I don't know for a fact but old YBOH's post count and join date are rather suspicious and could me he falls more into the JCL network. Having said that, there is no excuse for any JCL not to have researched the history of Palace and Brighton rivalry and if they had, they will know that the home and away mataches will be the hottest tickets of the season.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It was announced in the press / through club some time ago that Amex would have an entitlement of tickets for promotional / marketing reasons including card users and general employees. I understand this is as many as 50 pairs for each game (probably situated in East Stand near Away Fans). This is on top of any reservations they have in corporate area for Directors etc.

Family relative who works for Amex has just "won" one of these fifty pairs being offered for Spurs game.

Let's face it if Prezza turns up that's three seats gone for a start. And all the pies...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here