Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why can't woman just pay for stuff and f*** off?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
It's the same when women get on the bus.

They KNOW how much it is, they could get their money out before the bus arrives.

Seemingly, both those considerations are far too difficult.

I think that is what annoys me the most about buses. Only ever catch a bus on the way to the pub, so the last thig I need is for some stupid woman to faff around for her £1.80! She's usually been waiting at the stop as long as me, there's an electronic sign saying how long the bus will be, then when it arrives, she stands in the queue and only opens her friggin handbag when she's at the front of the queue! Then she has to find her purse, ask the driver how much it is, and try to sort out the change while she's on her mobile to her mates saying she's just gettin on the bus!

At least the wrinklies get bus passes now so they don't hold up the bus as much as they used to!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My gripe is buying tickets at the station; why do I always get stuck behind a woman who doesn't know where or when she wants to go and once she has had a twenty minute yap with the assistant (you can see the will to live draining from his face as he explains yet another railcard) finally buys the day return to london with travelcard that they wanted all along. Meanwhile I am standing there with a £20 note and 10p coin to pay for my ticket.

Now, seeing things from the other viewpoint, our local co-op has two of the finest looking lovelies ever born serving there and fumbling for coins gives me a few extra seconds in their wondrous presence. I've been known to do my week's shopping one item at a time...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Noted another extreme example of the "putting card in wallet, then in purse etc.." scenario this week.

However, this one was rounded off with her coat being buttoned up before moving away.

Even other women in the queue were getting pissed off.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think that is what annoys me the most about buses. Only ever catch a bus on the way to the pub, so the last thig I need is for some stupid woman to faff around for her £1.80! She's usually been waiting at the stop as long as me, there's an electronic sign saying how long the bus will be, then when it arrives, she stands in the queue and only opens her friggin handbag when she's at the front of the queue! Then she has to find her purse, ask the driver how much it is, and try to sort out the change while she's on her mobile to her mates saying she's just gettin on the bus!

At least the wrinklies get bus passes now so they don't hold up the bus as much as they used to!

God that annoys me. It annoys me even more if you are buying from the quick machine. Can someone explain to them that the operative word on the machine is QUICK. Anyone being slow on these machines winds me up. The way some of these retards attempt to use this quite simple machine it's like they have come across an alien craft and are trying to find a way in, staring at the screen as if they are trying to decipher ancient hyroglyphics. Meantime my train is chugging away on the platform readying itself for departure.
This annoyance applies to ATM's as well.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Noted another extreme example of the "putting card in wallet, then in purse etc.." scenario this week.

However, this one was rounded off with her coat being buttoned up before moving away.

Even other women in the queue were getting pissed off.

God I hate that. Out of consideration for others I always shamble off with my bags in one hand, open wallet under my arm, receipt and/or change in my spare hand to find a place to sort things out AWAY from the other shoppers.

Why the f*** do most middle aged women think it's OK to reorganise their loose change/Clubcard vouchers/HRT pills while I'M WAITING BEHIND THEM?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Those self service tills in Tesco's etc. are OK if you only have a sandwich or a pint of milk. A bottle of wine will close the checkout until some spotty geek trying to chat up Chelsea in aisle three notices the now 20 person queue and finally comes over to confirm that you are over 18 years of age.

Even worse when in Sainsburys and buying a bottle of wine is the 'less than ten items' queue. Firstly there will only ever be one desk open for this. Secondly it is ALWAYS staffed by a school age yoof, who has to wave his hand/ring a bell/turn a light on to attract the supervisor to again confirm your age, (over 40):down: Why not just have an adult on the till which is aimed at minimising delays?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just be thankful we don't have Pay On The Gate at Albion home matches.

Just wait until...

One is running late and they are desperate to get inside Falmer stadium for kick off, only to be blocked by some dozy mare thumbing through her various cards (Nectar, debit, credit, Boots Advantage, John Lewis, Tesco Clubcard, Homebase, WHSmiths, Sainsbury's Reward, BP Premierpoints) to find her 'season ticket card'.

:tantrum:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Those self service tills in Tesco's etc. are OK if you only have a sandwich or a pint of milk. A bottle of wine will close the checkout until some spotty geek trying to chat up Chelsea in aisle three notices the now 20 person queue and finally comes over to confirm that you are over 18 years of age.
QUOTE]

I think, rather than having to get someone to come over and confirm that you're over 18, the checkout machine should ask you a multiple choice question that only someone over the age of 18 would know the answer to.

Yes, you'd get the occasional stupid adult who was unable to purchase alcohol but surely that can't be a bad thing?

Suggestions for appropriate questions would be gratefully received before I write to Terry Leahy with my idea.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
How about Petrol Stations? I pay for my fuel, walk back to my car, start the engine and drive away, usually pulling my seatbelt on as I go. From opening car door to leaving the pump maximum 15 seconds.

Females seem to have to go through some sort of arcane ritual involving god knows what before they even put on their seatbelt. There will then be another pause to contemplate the world before they put the key in the ignition, another pause and a deep breath before they start the motor. A fearful look around the forecourt then follows to see if anything has changed dramtically. It then requires a further period of reflection before they put it in gear, followed by another pause before the handbrake is off and they slowly chug away. Don't get me started about if they have kids to put back into the car as well......:tantrum:

Good job there were no female fighter pilots during the Battle of Britain or the Luftwaffe would have bombed their targets and been back home for a swift Wurst and Lager while the Laydees were still getting ready to take off......

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thing ive noticed in Europe over the years that pisses me off...is..
when waiting in Q to buy ticket from machines at stations.. people queue, and dont start getting their money out of their pocket until they are at the machine...then spend 5 mins looking for the exact change for the machine.
Drives me fecking nuts...

Also, customer service in Czech Republic is still in its infancy following the communist era...
Its fairly normal for you to wait in a shop whilst the person 'serving' you, completes some stock taking
task.... couldnt count the amount of times ive just got bored waiting and left the shop.

Last edited:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The real problem here is that everyone is in such a hurry. Slow down, chill out and these things will bother you less.

What can possibly be so urgent?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The fact is Men are the hunter gatherers and are the only ones who should be allowed out to do shopping which is the modern equivalent of that role. Women are there to serve us and be the nest builders. You cannot change our gene heritage.

(Blimey, hope the missus don't see this.) :eek:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The real problem here is that everyone is in such a hurry. Slow down, chill out and these things will bother you less.

What can possibly be so urgent?

I would like to be abit more like this and in some situations I am. If an old man or lady is bumbling around a bit I don't mind at all, hope people have patience with me when I am old. Also if the woman is fit I tend to give them more pateince.

But sometimes you just want to get in and out of these lines, ticket office, shops etc and if everyone just thought a little bit more about what they had to do to ensure the experience was as short as possible for everyone involved it would make for a bearable experience.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bigger mystery of the workings of the female mind is how the f*** they can spend 8 hours walking around numerous shops in a busy Town centre and go home without buying a single solatary item ( and still thinking it was a good day out ).

:shrug:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The bigger mystery of the workings of the female mind is how the f*** they can spend 8 hours walking around numerous shops in a busy Town centre and go home without buying a single solatary item ( and still thinking it was a good day out ).

Women shop. Men buy things.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester

You're the lucky one.

In that situation many other females have been known to just buy items, almost at random, to try on at home.

Then they realise they hate them but lose the receipt and the items in question end up in zipped up bags in the loft.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If I want something I am in the shop and out with said paid for item within 2 minutes. Women can just amble around for hours and hours and buy nothing. Its most bizarre.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My step daughter from previous relationship read the contents of EVERY item she was looking at in supermarkets....
Only went with her once, but 45 mins standing by a shampoo shelf whilst she read the back of every shampoo and conditioner on the shelf, reduced me to a mumbling wreck...and never went again with her.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I now know the shopping centre's of many Sussex Towns thanks to my ex. I could tell you the individual shops in Horsham, Crawley, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester .......................................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here