Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why can't woman just pay for stuff and f*** off?

when shopping in M&S once, until then i did not realised how violent other women get whilst shopping. i even witness a scrap when one women push in front of another. they spot their competition as soon as they enter the store race around the store with their trolleys then try to beat the competition by paying the fastest. they find it even sweeter if they are infront of their competition in the q.
** points is given for correct money given and holding up the Q yet still winning the competition**:glare:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Women at tills are rubbish.
But it doesn't stop there.

Leaving work yesterday, there is a sort-of-turnstile thing.
You press your work badge against a sensor and it opens to let you in/out.
I was behind... a woman.
She gets to the barrier, suddenly remembers that "oh, I need my badge to 'beep' out".
Rummages in handbag for ages.
Does she step aside to let the handsome Welshman through?
Does she feck!
Eventually she finds it and beeps through, no apolgy, she just strode off into the distance.
:mad:

oh christ do I know that one!! we've got exactly the same, 2 turnstyles. If your trying to get in they walk right up to it lob their handbag and coffee on the bit in the middle between the 2 and start rummaging around for their pass while a queue builds up

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
f*** ME... women shopping in M&S food sections....... you know where I'm going with this...

There are two types and two alone;

1) Old middle-class biddies who dodder around incredibly slowly, usually on the busiest day possible when normal people are off work (Saturday mornings, Christmas Eve, etc), who insist on using a trolley (which adds to the painful slowness).. and put in it a packet of rich tea biscuits, some "special" "Marks" mints, usually in a tin if possible, and a bottle of "Marks" brandy, then proceed to the first post in the thread - with the counting of the change, and the not being able to push the trolley, not being able/willing to pack their own bag etc.

OR

2) Younger "modern" type women buying a sandwich or a bowl of overpriced pasta, often to take "on the go" with them to their graduate telesales job for a bank. Usually near the Lanes. These are the ones that really f*** me off because they will stand BLOCKING as many products as possible, picking up individually each one, examining it, holding it upside down - counting the pieces of chicken in it to make sure they get a "good one"... even though it's the same bloody products every day. Then they repeat the process selecting a £8.50 100g pot of fresh fruit, then they think they might like some sushi (to put on the fruit?) and repeat the process again..

Eventually, they will get in the queue with about 100 other of "their kind" and get to the front, and say "Do you have any take-away cutlery left?"

It's enough to drive you mad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blimey, if all us girls do is piss you poor, suffering blokes off over trivial matters, why don't you stop moaning and go and live in a men-only retreat forever then?

We'd cope :p

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
f*** ME... women shopping in M&S food sections....... you know where I'm going with this...

There are two types and two alone;

2) Younger "modern" type women buying a sandwich or a bowl of overpriced pasta, often to take "on the go" with them to their graduate telesales job for a bank. Usually near the Lanes. These are the ones that really f*** me off because they will stand BLOCKING as many products as possible, picking up individually each one, examining it, holding it upside down - counting the pieces of chicken in it to make sure they get a "good one"... even though it's the same bloody products every day. Then they repeat the process selecting a £8.50 100g pot of fresh fruit, then they think they might like some sushi (to put on the fruit?) and repeat the process again..

Eventually, they will get in the queue with about 100 other of "their kind" and get to the front, and say "Do you have any take-away cutlery left?"

It's enough to drive you mad.

I thought I was the only one that did this!

But I will say that I don't hold up queues and I do have my purse out ready. :blush:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
You moan about women well I was in a long queue in Sainsburys just before Christmas. The MAN two customers in front of me got to the till, paid for his purchases and then decided that he wanted to spend some vouchers. He quite happiy wandered back into the shop to spend said vouchers making the rest of us wait until he came back to but this through the till.

Now that did piss me off. An old woman sorting out her change is not something that would annoy me.

There is no f***ing way i'd have let that go!

Yeah. Then I get stuck behind YOU in the bank changing all your coins from your 'holiday tin' back into notes. :)

Have you managed to find a bank that'll deal with coins that haven't been properly bagged up then? That is novel.
Exactly - One day per year and even then taking less time than every day of a womans life when she insists on counting out change! :)

Don't get me started on service till denominations.

I wanted to take out a fiver, i only wanted a fiver, but no, machine only had £10 + £20 notes in the machine,
so i removed the card and went into the he branch and said i wanted to withdraw £5, using my debit /cashpoint card, "no problem sir" do you have any ID,

err....no i have my card, "you need ID sir" to withdraw money over the counter, what about making a deposit, i asked "no Sir" just withdrawals,
So back to the service till took out £10, then went back into the branch and told her i wanted to deposit £5 of this £10. she wen rt happy .........:lolol:

CHEAPSKATE :salute:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Don't get me started on service till denominations.

I wanted to take out a fiver, i only wanted a fiver, but no, machine only had £10 + £20 notes in the machine,
so i removed the card and went into the he branch and said i wanted to withdraw £5, using my debit /cashpoint card, "no problem sir" do you have any ID,

err....no i have my card, "you need ID sir" to withdraw money over the counter, what about making a deposit, i asked "no Sir" just withdrawals,
So back to the service till took out £10, then went back into the branch and told her i wanted to deposit £5 of this £10. she wen rt happy .........:lolol:

:thud:

that sir is diabolical
what machines give fivers out these days anyway? What did you do for your next fiver, go back and do it again?

disgrace :nono:

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
It's the same when women get on the bus.

They KNOW how much it is, they could get their money out before the bus arrives.

Seemingly, both those considerations are far too difficult.

That always pisses me off but even worse is when they have a return ticket and have spent ages waiting for the bus but wait until they are on the bus before searching their purse, coat pockets, inside pockets and purse again for the ticket...only to present a series of supermarket receipts one by one thinking it's the missing ticket.

What a man would do is spent the waiting time getting the ticket out, check it's the right ticket and when giving it to the driver present it the right way round for quick inspection.

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
That always pisses me off but even worse is when they have a return ticket and have spent ages waiting for the bus but wait until they are on the bus before searching their purse, coat pockets, inside pockets and purse again for the ticket...only to present a series of supermarket receipts one by one thinking it's the missing ticket.

What a man would do is spent the waiting time getting the ticket out, check it's the right ticket and when giving it to the driver present it the right way round for quick inspection.

men don't buy return tickets, they dream a woman will give them a lift back

sweet little old lady in sainsburys over Christmas had to rummage in her tent size bag to find her magnifying glass so she could see the card holder to put her PIN number in. Took what felt like days

What about young mums in groups with double buggies oblivious to the rest of mankind?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
something i find a little odd is men who keep change in stupid little pockets inside the wallet!

wallets with little coin holders aren't wallets they are man-purses.

surely all change is supposed to live in trouser pocket, not inside the wallet.

i have friends who do this, i find it odd.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Blimey, if all us girls do is piss you poor, suffering blokes off over trivial matters, why don't you stop moaning and go and live in a men-only retreat forever then?

We'd cope :p

Hang on Edna.....think about this carefully! If all the blokes piss off to blokey land, what will we have to chat/moan to the cashier about as we collect our change? :lol:

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Seen that many a time, also relating to stations, I've lost count of the idiots I've been stuck behind in the que to the kiosk enquiring about a train journey several days in advance. Whilst it's obvious that the que behind them are all waiting for the train which is due to arrive at the platform in the next few minutes. (this is a bloke thing as well...granted)

I'm alright jack attitude

Amen brother. I got stuck behind this right BINT at Hove station this week. Not only did she wish to purchase tickets several days in advance during the RUSH HOUR, she proceeded to QUESTION the attendant about every possible connection from king's cross, causing me to miss the train. Just pay up and f**k off :angry:

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Amen brother. I got stuck behind this right BINT at Hove station this week. Not only did she wish to purchase tickets several days in advance during the RUSH HOUR, she proceeded to QUESTION the attendant about every possible connection from king's cross, causing me to miss the train. Just pay up and f**k off :angry:

I find myself siding with men...this is not right?
More annoying is the female train station attendents, who try and claim that you are thick because they don't like the fact that you are a student and you have an above intelligence compared to her.
She nearly made me miss my train, I had one sodding minute to spare, and I only just got on.
Stupid f***ing bitch. :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ok, here is my 3rd gripe on the subject

a group of 4 people at the ticket machine on the underground, each of them wanting a travel card, first one puts £20 in and buys one ticket, then the other 3 do the same thing. Why cant the first one buy 4 tickets at the same time? This saves the change in the machine and speeds things up? Especially as you can guarantee the other 3 dont know how to use the machine and it ends up timing out on them as they take so long to press the buttons :mad:

:mad: x 2

One decent example was a group of five girls and some gimpy looking chap all wanting a ticket to Twickenham for the rugby. They each bought one individually, despite being part of the same gang and whilst the queues were tripling up on themselves. f*** sake!

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
What a funny yet frustrating thread this is. My legs were buckling and twisting under the desk reading some of these totally agreeable gripes. Am now a trifle worried that with the ever increasingly popularity of self service checkouts we we'll stop feeling the need to harpoon the elderly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I went to Tescos tonight and thought how great these self-service counters are. I thought I might even roll a couple of items across the scanner wrong side up............................ what happened ?

RESTRICTED ITEMS....PLEASE CALL A MEMBER OF STAFF.

Had a couple of Belgium beers that triggered it but for a moment I thought I`d been rumbled.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I got stuck behind some bint at the cash machine today. She checked all three of her cards, printed out mini-statements and didn't even bother getting any cash out. Christ alive, has she not heard about her bank offering this sort of service (the one behind the cash machine) or the ruddy internet. :angry:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Interesting thread.

I've noticed something that women do at tills (and cashpoints)

Men tend to have their card or cash ready, pay and then put everything back in their wallet/bag as they are walking away.

Women however will wait in front of the till and put their change.card back into their wallet, then the wallet back into their handbag, then the handbag over the shoulder THEN walk away.

I've even see women take the moment in front of the till to do their coat up.

I've observed this for years and it almost always happens.

It's very strange.

Their is a related thing that women do when leaving a tube station when it's raining. They stop at the entrance, find the umbrella - put it up, then walk out.

Men will be preparing that umbrella as they are walking out, and won't physically stop to put it up.

They are even worse than that. They'll get to the till, put over their items and only when they are actually asked for payment will they even consider removing their purse from their bag to pay.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just one thing I notice reading through this thread - of all the women that have posted on it, none of them make any denials as to their sisters' behaviour. They just try and turn it back and say 'yeah, well blokes do this and this...' Pah, a non-denial denial.

The other thing is that at the same time, none of them offer up any sodding apologies for the behaviour of the sisterhood. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here