Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why can't woman just pay for stuff and f*** off?

Women at tills are rubbish.
But it doesn't stop there.

Leaving work yesterday, there is a sort-of-turnstile thing.
You press your work badge against a sensor and it opens to let you in/out.
I was behind... a woman.
She gets to the barrier, suddenly remembers that "oh, I need my badge to 'beep' out".
Rummages in handbag for ages.
Does she step aside to let the handsome Welshman through?
Does she feck!
Eventually she finds it and beeps through, no apolgy, she just strode off into the distance.
:mad:

Lush

Mods' Pet
That's exactly what I was going to PROUDLY say, I'm struggling to see how that's a dig at blokes?

To be fair if the change for what i'm buying is less than 20p I normally put it straight in a charity tin if the shop has one. Then whatever I have less than 50p gets put in my tin every night, last 3 years I've had best part of £150 holiday spending money in that tin, and I have probably saved around 10 hours!

Yeah. Then I get stuck behind YOU in the bank changing all your coins from your 'holiday tin' back into notes. :)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I hate change, and get rid of it as soon as possible - normally in the work canteen (there is never a queue in there anyways).

Does that mean I am not a proper man?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
And don't get me started on the MUGS that draw out just a tenner :angry:

Don't get me started on service till denominations.

I wanted to take out a fiver, i only wanted a fiver, but no, machine only had £10 + £20 notes in the machine,
so i removed the card and went into the he branch and said i wanted to withdraw £5, using my debit /cashpoint card, "no problem sir" do you have any ID,

err....no i have my card, "you need ID sir" to withdraw money over the counter, what about making a deposit, i asked "no Sir" just withdrawals,
So back to the service till took out £10, then went back into the branch and told her i wanted to deposit £5 of this £10. she wen rt happy .........:lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Women generally take longer to do everything so taking a few more moments at any given opportunity seems like nothing to them.

What fucks me off most is my missus and her MASSIVE hangbag and her inability to find her keys EVER. When we're leavning her house we have to track down her keys which could be anywhere but are normally in her bag and when we get back she has to rummage around through all the shit in her MASSAVE bag that she just HAS to carry at all times. I'm starting to learn to be patient but I can never hide my disgust as we search the house AGAIN for her keys.

Don't even get me started on saying that she is ready to leave and then deciding that she just has to POP to the LOO.

Same !!

I've learnt not to turn off the tv / lights etc until she opens the front door. Anything before that and you can be stood in that dreaded world of coat on watching your Mrs faff about for anything up to another 20 mins.

Also they have no concept of time. I'll be ready in 20 mins.....means leaving in 40. Wind up !!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Women generally take longer to do everything so taking a few more moments at any given opportunity seems like nothing to them.

What fucks me off most is my missus and her MASSIVE hangbag and her inability to find her keys EVER. When we're leavning her house we have to track down her keys which could be anywhere but are normally in her bag and when we get back she has to rummage around through all the shit in her MASSAVE bag that she just HAS to carry at all times. I'm starting to learn to be patient but I can never hide my disgust as we search the house AGAIN for her keys.

Don't even get me started on saying that she is ready to leave and then deciding that she just has to POP to the LOO.

He he he - made me chuckle all that....I can just imagine you standing there patiently - NOT!! :laugh::blush:

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is all revenge for the fact that 9 times out of 10 we have to queue for the toilets, as opposed to you boys, who stroll in, shake it out, zip up and walk out (without washing your hands mostly).

Or just piss against a convenient house/wall/car :angry:

If you saw the state of most Gents toilets, you would understand the handwashing thing!:sick:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Haven't read it all (Lazy) but why do people get through the tills and then find - surprise - they have to pay,and only then get their cash/cards out while people behind have to wait?

You buy stuff,you have to pay,no?(unless you are the Queen in which case apologies,Ma'am.)

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Same !!

I've learnt not to turn off the tv / lights etc until she opens the front door....

Her "Aren't you going to turn the TV off - I'm ready"

Me "OK" *turns off TV*

Her *goes to toilet* *puts finishing touches to make-up* *checks bum size in mirror* *looks for keys in bag* "have you got money, because I forgot to go to the cashpoint today?" *check again for keys* *checks bum size again in mirror*

:shrug:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Haven't read it all (Lazy) but why do people get through the tills and then find - surprise - they have to pay,and only then get their cash/cards out while people behind have to wait?

You buy stuff,you have to pay,no?(unless you are the Queen in which case apologies,Ma'am.)

You should take more time to read what other are saying,its actually very entertaining, and its rude not to, A bit like have a conversation with someone, but not listening to what there saying.
Yes what you have quoted has been said before:thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yeah. Then I get stuck behind YOU in the bank changing all your coins from your 'holiday tin' back into notes. :)

Have you managed to find a bank that'll deal with coins that haven't been properly bagged up then? That is novel.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing

It's the opposite here. I know exactly where my keys/money are. I put my keys back in my pocket as soon as I'm back indoors

Not so my bf, he plops them down any old where. Then when he wants to go out it's "where's my F-ING keys?!" 10 minutes later, they are found in the toaster [or insert some other random stupid place where they have fallen after being left balanced on top of something] after tipping the contents of the table on the floor looking for them! Then he needs to pop to the loo. Meanwhile I've been ready with my coat on for the last 10 minutes!

Pffft it isn't ALL our fault y'know?!

I am guilty of spending my change in the local shop though. However, I do usually ask the cashier if she would prefer the change, and generally they say yes. so I'm just trying to be helpful like!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
ok, here is my 3rd gripe on the subject

a group of 4 people at the ticket machine on the underground, each of them wanting a travel card, first one puts £20 in and buys one ticket, then the other 3 do the same thing. Why cant the first one buy 4 tickets at the same time? This saves the change in the machine and speeds things up? Especially as you can guarantee the other 3 dont know how to use the machine and it ends up timing out on them as they take so long to press the buttons :mad:

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007

a group of 4 people at the ticket machine on the underground, each of them wanting a travel card, first one puts £20 in and buys one ticket, then the other 3 do the same thing. Why cant the first one buy 4 tickets at the same time? This saves the change in the machine and speeds things up? Especially as you can guarantee the other 3 dont know how to use the machine and it ends up timing out on them as they take so long to press the buttons :mad:

this thread has made my day - hilarious
carry on the good work ladies

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Seen that many a time, also relating to stations, I've lost count of the idiots I've been stuck behind in the que to the kiosk enquiring about a train journey several days in advance. Whilst it's obvious that the que behind them are all waiting for the train which is due to arrive at the platform in the next few minutes. (this is a bloke thing as well...granted)

I'm alright jack attitude

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here