Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are some our our supporters being so negative?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You pick a formation to suit your better players surely. What sort of fool would pick a formation that meant excluding three or four of your star players. Surely thats just plan crazy...or maybe its just me.

I would like to think Gus has this plan-

I will tell all and sundry that we are not good enough away,we should play like we do at home,i will let the players here this and do very little to change recent away selections or tactics in a bid to draw a defeat from the situation,then i will storm off the pitch with 5 minutes to go and the players will know how i feel,next Tuesday is a game we will bounce back,at home against top opposition and i don't like draws,what better way than to end the drawing sequence and get the team going again...

Draws could cost us promotion,i would rather lose a couple and win 3 or 4.....Gus Poyet.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No, but you dont go to away matches expecting a win. Its football, you win games, you lose games. You dont want to travel and risking seeing your team lose ? Then dont go.
Sorry. You are living in the past. So mid tables good enough for you then. You don't go to away matches excepting to win??? Really??? Honestly??? I wouldn't go to West Ham or Reading and except three points, but I would go to Burnley and except them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry. You are living in the past. So mid tables good enough for you then. You don't go to away matches excepting to win??? Really??? Honestly??? I wouldn't go to West Ham or Reading and except three points, but I would go to Burnley and except them.

The bookies weren't expecting us to win as Burnley were favourites and we were the underdogs.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would like to think Gus has this plan-

I will tell all and sundry that we are not good enough away,we should play like we do at home,i will let the players here this and do very little to change recent away selections or tactics in a bid to draw a defeat from the situation,then i will storm off the pitch with 5 minutes to go and the players will know how i feel,next Tuesday is a game we will bounce back,at home against top opposition and i don't like draws,what better way than to end the drawing sequence and get the team going again...

Draws could cost us promotion,i would rather lose a couple and win 3 or 4.....Gus Poyet.

Well lets hope he is right, because if Cardiff beat Watford at home on Monday, then even a win against Reading will not be enough to get us back in the top six.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Mid table or higher is good for a club thats just been promoted - were overachieving at the moment, which is a good thing. Theres only a few games you would expect a win from (would normally be the lower league clubs and Palace). Remember Burnley are an ex-Premier League team, who were favourites to win yesterday.

Love to know how im living in the past when im being realistic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You pick a formation to suit your better players surely. What sort of fool would pick a formation that meant excluding three or four of your star players. Surely thats just plan crazy...or maybe its just me.

Maybe our star players are not 100% fit, ie carrying injuries that are not enough to stop them playing but cannot perform to their best every 3 or 4 days for 90 minutes? Your views look good when posted on an internet forum but life is a lot more complex in reality.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Maybe our star players are not 100% fit, ie carrying injuries that are not enough to stop them playing but cannot perform to their best every 3 or 4 days for 90 minutes? Your views look good when posted on an internet forum but life is a lot more complex in reality.

Maybe I might win the lottery tonight......come on please.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Brighton fans will never put up with boring defensive football. Ask Mike Bailey! The fans on here may be negative - it must be something to do with the negative football we are made to watch. RESULTS ARE NOT EVERYTHING!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Mid table or higher is good for a club thats just been promoted - were overachieving at the moment, which is a good thing. Theres only a few games you would expect a win from (would normally be the lower league clubs and Palace). Remember Burnley are an ex-Premier League team, who were favourites to win yesterday.

Love to know how im living in the past when im being realistic.

What utter bullshit, were norwich overacheiving when they went from league 1 to the prem in 2 seasons. Oh, and are now holding their own quite comfortably.
We are where we are because we deserve to be there, its got f*** all to do with overacheiving. We have got some decent players and have got there on merit, but i agree with other posters that we just do not play to a style that suits most of our players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Every team has a bad performance we have had a few this season and won Forest at home.I am sick and tierd of so called fans moaning every time we lose a game (which has been only twice in the league this year) Some fans just so ungratefull we play in a new ground in the championship and yet still moan and whinge.

Flogging a dead horse fella. There is a multitude of managers on here that can do a better job, as is apparent how they would play the team, and would obviously be able to attract a better class of player, much in the mould of Gus. They're all polishing their CV's as I type in anticipation of taking the hot seat at the Amex. The King will be deposed, long live the armchair managers!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What utter bullshit, were norwich overacheiving when they went from league 1 to the prem in 2 seasons. Oh, and are now holding their own quite comfortably.
We are where we are because we deserve to be there, its got f*** all to do with overacheiving. We have got some decent players and have got there on merit, but i agree with other posters that we just do not play to a style that suits most of our players.
Enlighten us with your vast knowledge of tactics, what style does suit our players and in which games, against which opposition?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just read, burnsies thread. Im not the only one who thinks that. I wont go over old ground.

Haven't we got a sheep emoticon? Seriously, answer the question put to you. You obviously spend 5 days a week at training, taking scouting reports and the likes. You contributed to the thread, so I'd have thought it would be enlightening to read of your in-depth insight?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Haven't we got a sheep emoticon? Seriously, answer the question put to you. You obviously spend 5 days a week at training, taking scouting reports and the likes. You contributed to the thread, so I'd have thought it would be enlightening to read of your in-depth insight?

Sorry, i didnt realize i had now become compulsory for me to keep posting at your request. You have to rememeber that we all have opinions, rightly or wrongly.

Ringmer Richie

Feb 4, 2012
Ringmer
The prawn sandwich brigade has arrived!!

"We expect to win?" "We go to away games expecting to win?" Sounds like you support the wrong team boys. Surely you should be heading to Stamford Bridge, The Emirates or even Old Trafford?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, i didnt realize i had now become compulsory for me to keep posting at your request. You have to rememeber that we all have opinions, rightly or wrongly.

Opinions are like noses, everyone's got one, but some smell more than others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here