Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are some our our supporters being so negative?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brilliant. f***ing brilliant answer:clap::clap::clap:

I have noted over the years-well year,the [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] (with the exception on Barnesgate) would be a man i would like to have beside me in the trenches,if there was a war..

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Why should we have beaten them? I am not looking for a fight, but there is no objective evidence to support your assertion we should have won by a canter.

Our team has less experience in this division, and we pay lower wages, and our away form has been mediocre, if you think about Hull, Donny, Forest, Blackpool and now Burnley, four points and four goals in five games.
Not looking or a fight either mate, because I find your view interesting when we play nicely. But to answer your question, Because we have the players in the squad to beat them.

You list a negative point on each player above to prove a point, but that is the past. Yes Greers from Swindon, yes we have some prem reserves, but nearly all players start in lesser teams/reserves. You need to look at what they are today, and that squad is good enough to beat Burnley

Poyet has had money to throw around this season. Name me one manager in the history of this club, that could get away with spending 500k on alayer than loan him out for the season. Name one manager who could spend 3 million on a striker, then not play to his strenghts and turn him into almost a bit part player. Name me one manager who would get away with turning down a near £2million bid for a winger, when we are over run with wingers, and then hardly use him for the res of the season.

I dont buy this we pay lower wages line. We have money to burn, judging by Gus' use of it this season.

We have a striker, and 3/4 wingers most clubs in this division would die for. At Burnley we did not use the striker to his strengths, we did not use one winger, but had three on the bench.

That is why we lost the game.

Poyet has this incredible arsenal of talent an attacking opitions available to him, but he doesn't use them. One shot on target (if you was there and not relaying on online stats to give you your information) I think would suggest why we are as we are away from home.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think this is part of the problem, you say we are better on paper than Burnley but are we?

Look at the team from yesterday

Sexy Pete, out of a job when he came to us
Calderon, Spanish second division
Greer, ex......Swindon
Bomber......Albion youth
Mattocks, West Brom reserves
Reyes, West Brom reserves
Navarro, A Bosman from Franchise FC
Dicker, ex Stockport
Vicente, physio's bench at Valencia
CMS, one undistinguished season in this division before with Posh
Vokes, Wolves reserves

Frankly I still think it is staggering we are just outside the play-offs.

Assulin...........Ex Barcelona wonder kid, not in squad.
Razak............Yaya Toure understudy, not in squad.
Buckley..........£1million signing and star of season, on bench.
Lualua...........Would have easily paid well over a million if he was not injured and star of season, on bench did not come on.

Perhaps these are also some of the reasons people are moaning.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Eddie Howe may not be everyones cup of tea, but he sure knows how to put one over Gus.

Although, for the second year running, Gus knows how to get his teams to finish above Howe's in the league.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Assulin...........Ex Barcelona wonder kid, not in squad.
Razak............Yaya Toure understudy, not in squad.
Buckley..........£1million signing and star of season, on bench.
Lualua...........Would have easily paid well over a million if he was not injured and star of season, on bench did not come on.

Perhaps these are also some of the reasons people are moaning.

If Razak is the understudy to Toure, then why have they sent him on loan to us ? The reason LuaLua and Buckley were on the bench as Gus tried out new tactics without wingers, it didnt work so id expect to see at least 1 of them back on Tuesday.

Its just ONE game we lost and only the SECOND defeat in 2012 - if we had lost 5 on the trot again id understand the moaning. Just seems people arent happy with losing a game for once and are just going over the top about it - my opinion anyway.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Shucks :blush::blush:

Lets go get em :guns::guns::guns: :lolol:

Especially on late night excursions behind enemy lines-topics god and useless youth are a favourite

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why should we have beaten them? I am not looking for a fight, but there is no objective evidence to support your assertion we should have won by a canter.

Our team has less experience in this division, and we pay lower wages, and our away form has been mediocre, if you think about Hull, Donny, Forest, Blackpool and now Burnley, four points and four goals in five games.

Why oh why does everyone seem to be under the impression we pay lower wages. Unless someone has actually seen the balance sheets I just don't buy this. We live in one of the most expensive areas in the country yet people seem to think we pay low wages. Cms for example may be a lovely bloke and general all round good egg. But I presume he has a wife/girlfriend, maybe even kids. Do people really think he came here for half the money he could have got somewhere else. He may have been sold the dream and he may well have taken a couple of grand a week less. But he would have to be a total idiot to take half of what he could have got somewhere else, just to play for Gus. I cant believe people believe this for one second.....or maybe it because that's what Poyet keeps saying, time and time again, everytime we lose.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If Razak is the understudy to Toure, then why have they sent him on loan to us ? The reason LuaLua and Buckley were on the bench as Gus tried out new tactics without wingers, it didnt work so id expect to see at least 1 of them back on Tuesday.

Its just ONE game we lost and only the SECOND defeat in 2012 - if we had lost 5 on the trot again id understand the moaning. Just seems people arent happy with losing a game for once and are just going over the top about it - my opinion anyway.
Was you in Burnley yesterday?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not looking or a fight either mate, because I find your view interesting when we play nicely. But to answer your question, Because we have the players in the squad to beat them.

You list a negative point on each player above to prove a point, but that is the past. Yes Greers from Swindon, yes we have some prem reserves, but nearly all players start in lesser teams/reserves. You need to look at what they are today, and that squad is good enough to beat Burnley

Poyet has had money to throw around this season. Name me one manager in the history of this club, that could get away with spending 500k on alayer than loan him out for the season. Name one manager who could spend 3 million on a striker, then not play to his strenghts and turn him into almost a bit part player. Name me one manager who would get away with turning down a near £2million bid for a winger, when we are over run with wingers, and then hardly use him for the res of the season.

I dont buy this we pay lower wages line. We have money to burn, judging by Gus' use of it this season.

We have a striker, and 3/4 wingers most clubs in this division would die for. At Burnley we did not use the striker to his strengths, we did not use one winger, but had three on the bench.

That is why we lost the game.

Poyet has this incredible arsenal of talent an attacking opitions available to him, but he doesn't use them. One shot on target (if you was there and not relaying on online stats to give you your information) I think would suggest why we are as we are away from home.

I was there, and I agree that the team selection seemed odd, but both full backs played as auxiliary wingers and put in plenty of crosses. When we brought on two wingers for a good half hour Buckley did put in crosses but they were not good enough, and Noone had a shocker.

As for the finances, this is where I disagree with you. As you probably know I do financial analysis for a living, last season Southampton had an £11 million wage bill, this year it will be higher as they are paying Jack Cork £23,000 a week. West Ham have a £54 million wage bill from last season, and apart from Scott Parker, have lost no big earners and are paying Nolan £50k a week. To me, ultimately money talks, and Bloom has put a limit on our wage budget.

I agree with you that Gus has not spent the money wisely, of the £4.9 million spent on CMS, Buckley, Hoskins, Harley and KLL, only Buckley has been a success (albeit qualified). On the CMS front, he was found out in this division two seasons ago. Great league 1 striker, but the step up is too much for him (and the same can be said to a degree for the other 20 goal players from last season's L1 as Murray, Hoskins and Barnes have not been prolific, only Lambert has carried his form to this level).

Given that we lost our two best players from last season in Murray and Bennett, and the third (El Abd) has been missing for half a season, AND we have signed a bunch of duds for £5 million, (although i thiught they were good signings when made) I still think we are doing far better than I would have expected.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Was you in Burnley yesterday?

We had more possession, looked tidy going forward, especially when Vicente had the ball or the full backs were rampaging, but the strikers look short of pace, or quality, or confidence, or all three.

Burnley took their one chance, we didn't convert our one, and the result turned on that. They did not boss us, (unless you saw it differently ).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was there, and I agree that the team selection seemed odd, but both full backs played as auxiliary wingers and put in plenty of crosses. When we brought on two wingers for a good half hour Buckley did put in crosses but they were not good enough, and Noone had a shocker.

As for the finances, this is where I disagree with you. As you probably know I do financial analysis for a living, last season Southampton had an £11 million wage bill, this year it will be higher as they are paying Jack Cork £23,000 a week. West Ham have a £54 million wage bill from last season, and apart from Scott Parker, have lost no big earners and are paying Nolan £50k a week. To me, ultimately money talks, and Bloom has put a limit on our wage budget.

I agree with you that Gus has not spent the money wisely, of the £4.9 million spent on CMS, Buckley, Hoskins, Harley and KLL, only Buckley has been a success (albeit qualified). On the CMS front, he was found out in this division two seasons ago. Great league 1 striker, but the step up is too much for him (and the same can be said to a degree for the other 20 goal players from last season's L1 as Murray, Hoskins and Barnes have not been prolific, only Lambert has carried his form to this level).

Given that we lost our two best players from last season in Murray and Bennett, and the third (El Abd) has been missing for a season, AND we have signed a bunch of duds for £5 million, (although i thiught they were good signings when made) I still think we are doing far better than I would have expected.

It must be pre watershed or early evening or something for this post has far too much agreeable sense to it!! Especially given the author's license to thrill

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The reason LuaLua and Buckley were on the bench as Gus tried out new tactics without wingers, it didnt work so id expect to see at least 1 of them back on Tuesday.

It was not new tactics. He's tried it many times before with similar poor results.

We either say "Gus FFS stop throwing away points, we all know it doesn't work". We could be sitting pretty with about 10 more points now.

Or maybe Gus is looking long term and developing and prepared to take not making the playoffs this season.

I just hope its not sheer stubbornness and he's gonna try it and try it until it works.(Maybe just to prove a point that he's always right).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It must be pre watershed or early evening or something for this post has far too much agreeable sense to it!! Especially given the author's license to thrill

Can't believe I failed to stick in a knob gag in that prior post, must be slipping

:(:annoyed:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You pick a formation to suit your better players surely. What sort of fool would pick a formation that meant excluding three or four of your star players. Surely thats just plan crazy...or maybe its just me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why oh why does everyone seem to be under the impression we pay lower wages. Unless someone has actually seen the balance sheets I just don't buy this. We live in one of the most expensive areas in the country yet people seem to think we pay low wages. Cms for example may be a lovely bloke and general all round good egg. But I presume he has a wife/girlfriend, maybe even kids. Do people really think he came here for half the money he could have got somewhere else. He may have been sold the dream and he may well have taken a couple of grand a week less. But he would have to be a total idiot to take half of what he could have got somewhere else, just to play for Gus. I cant believe people believe this for one second.....or maybe it because that's what Poyet keeps saying, time and time again, everytime we lose.

I have seen the accounts, they are in the public domain, and we do pay lower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here