Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's gonna get the boot first? Azure or Piglets Pantry?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was speaking to someone who has already left working for Azure. Reasons being pay is too low, no breaks, no food!, and poor senior organisation of supplies resulting in being faced with grumpy punters. Degree level person now shelfstacking at Sainsburys when would be rather working at Amex
Sounds like every job in the catering industry then.

Anybody know why the separate hot dog kiosks which appeared in the north consourse a while ago have now disappeared again

And the Harveys ones in the WSU?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Noodles to be introduced very shortly - they're aiming for during January.

I will certainly believe it when I see it. Azure are about as reliable on this front as an Albion transfer rumour.

I mean there were supposed to be improved Burgers but these havn't happened (the cheese has got worse though). Noodles were there once and then removed. The 1901 food appears to have been a bit hit and miss.

Saturday did mark a new low in the serving of Harveys though when the (now) only mobile unit in the East concourse ran out of plastic pint beakers at 2.20 and the server went to get some more and still hadnt returned by 2.35 despite a queue of at least 30 people being there.

The club stipulated that they needed people to come early, buy food and stay later. I know the level of 80+% is a record nationally but i remember right at the outset a figure of 60% - 70% being floated so given the extra sale points following the non delivery of the betting franchise it really shouldnt be as difficult as it is turning out to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
MSG has been proven to cause panic attacks in a significant number of cases. That's why many chinese restuarants are now steering clear of using it.

This is significant and has been proven?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
1 - Surely he asked about the pay before he started
2 - Its hardly a full days work is it re breaks
3 - Since when should an employer pay for its staff's food
4 - Did they do their degree in fast food?

Agree with points 1 and 4. Point 2, most fast food restaurants will provide a 15 minute break for every 3 hours worked. As for point 3, when I worked in a burger bar in 1986 we got 30 pence worth of food for every hour worked so a full 9 hour shift would see someone get a 15 min and a 30 minute break and 2.70 to spend on food which was enought for a burger and chips with water and an ice cream or pie.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Agree with points 1 and 4. Point 2, most fast food restaurants will provide a 15 minute break for every 3 hours worked. As for point 3, when I worked in a burger bar in 1986 we got 30 pence worth of food for every hour worked so a full 9 hour shift would see someone get a 15 min and a 30 minute break and 2.70 to spend on food which was enought for a burger and chips with water and an ice cream or pie.

I would imagine that the food thing is a food industry perk rather than a legal requirement?

Do all the Azure staff really work during the 90 minutes of football

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Azure need to shape up or ship off. Not sure there's really much to debate.

Agreed.

The club wants people to stay behind afterthe game to ease the Queues.

25 minutes (yes I timed it) to get a drink afterthe game.

It is shocking service, and getting no better as the season progresses.

It

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agreed.

The club wants people to stay behind afterthe game to ease the Queues.

25 minutes (yes I timed it) to get a drink afterthe game.

It is shocking service, and getting no better as the season progresses.

It

Thats interesting. Which stand was that? As generally after the game have gone straight to the WSL (Im in WSU) for a pie and a pint and have not had to wait more than say 5 mins tops.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The fact is that the usual take up of refreshments at football is 40%, we are running with 88%.

Serious question: Is that the percentage of people who actually get to buy refreshments, or does it include those who want to buy refreshments but can't due to queue size, out of stock etc.?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Thats interesting. Which stand was that? As generally after the game have gone straight to the WSL (Im in WSU) for a pie and a pint and have not had to wait more than say 5 mins tops.

North Stand - far end, next to the East Stand.

I've given up even trying before the game now (sit in WSU).

Shame, as the club is losing money.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I read with interest that there would be special Xmas pies at the Amex but held up little hope of getting one. Sure enough, I get to the front of the WSU "Beer and Pie" queue at 14.30 to be told they haven't got any.

Poor service is beginning to piss me off now. Less time to chat to your mates, having to sink a pint in less than 10mins. Everything else about the club and the facilities etc is super, smashing, great but this really needs to be sorted.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I read with interest that there would be special Xmas pies at the Amex but held up little hope of getting one. Sure enough, I get to the front of the WSU "Beer and Pie" queue at 14.30 to be told they haven't got any.

Poor service is beginning to piss me off now. Less time to chat to your mates, having to sink a pint in less than 10mins. Everything else about the club and the facilities etc is super, smashing, great but this really needs to be sorted.

I managed to get hold of an xmas pie in Dicks (was told to remove my winter hat in winter before I was allowed in) at about 1.45pm.
Don't worry, you missed nothing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Almost this. There's enough kiosks in the WSU that if one has a long queue, the one down the end will be quieter.

I know that the North Stand will be manic, so I'll stick around in WSU or head to the East Stand - both of which are quieter. Then around 45 minutes after the end of the match, I'll head to the North or to Dick's. Queuing kept to a bare minimum.

Eleventy pints of ale duly sunk.

Simples.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Almost this. There's enough kiosks in the WSU that if one has a long queue, the one down the end will be quieter.

I know that the North Stand will be manic, so I'll stick around in WSU or head to the East Stand - both of which are quieter. Then around 45 minutes after the end of the match, I'll head to the North or to Dick's. Queuing kept to a bare minimum.

Eleventy pints of ale duly sunk.

Simples.

What I find is it's almost impossible to get a drink/pie at about 2.30 in the north stand as the queues really are that bad, and it's worse after the game as you have people from the other 3 stands all heading for the north!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The fact is that the usual take up of refreshments at football is 40%, we are running with 88%. There are problems because of the sheer numbers of people wanting to buy from the kiosks.

no, there are only problems because of the sheer QUALITY of the product

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are a significant number of cases where it has been proven

This is just repeating what you said. Where did you get this analysis from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here