Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's gonna get the boot first? Azure or Piglets Pantry?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This is just repeating what you said. Where did you get this analysis from?

It came from the Uni of Sussex - apparently there was something called Chinese restuarant syndrome in the 1980s where people suffered from palpitations, face tightening and numbness. It was difficult to isolate and although long suspected there was no proven link. Apparently in the last 2 years, a link has been traced and it depends on how it is used and what its prepared with but the most common preparation method to cause this is in chinese restaurants and how food is flash fried and then a sauce is added and needs quick thickening.

They're also doing research on aspartame which has some fairly horrific side effects including causing weight GAIN.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It came from the Uni of Sussex - apparently there was something called Chinese restuarant syndrome in the 1980s where people suffered from palpitations, face tightening and numbness.

Nothing to do with MSG, that just happened when they saw the bill and realised what they were being charged for a bit of rice and noodles. :jester:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think everyone (barring some people with defunct taste buds) are in agreement the problem isn't PP. Its Azure. Wonder what the arrangement is? Are they paying a fee to the Amex to rent the kiosks, or is it a win the contract, take what you want etc. Be interested to know how these things work. Sounds like there are not enough workers on to meet the demand at every kiosk, so they are rationing some, which also explains the pies in wrong boxes and not hot enough and poor PP cop some of the blame simply as guilt by association.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The problem is the system they use.

One person on a till. Order placed. Worker then wanders off to find food/drink.

It is SO slow it's painful to watch.

And yes there is room to have one person operating the till, and a second 'grabbing' the food.

It's just the fact that Azure are too tight to employ the correct amount of staff.

The club don't seem to care either, which is a shame.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club don't seem to care either, which is a shame.

I think in the end that's what it boils down to. The club appear to be looking at the actual takings - which must be extremely healthy - rather than the takings they COULD be, er, taking.

There's all that vast amount of unused space all around the outside of the stadium that could be used for selling chips, noodles, curries, chilli, even pies if Azure got their act together. Instead there's a few desolate programme booths and a stall round the back selling the Argus. Criminal waste of space IMHO.

Oh well, club's loss.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think in the end that's what it boils down to. The club appear to be looking at the actual takings - which must be extremely healthy - rather than the takings they COULD be, er, taking.

There's all that vast amount of unused space all around the outside of the stadium that could be used for selling chips, noodles, curries, chilli, even pies if Azure got their act together. Instead there's a few desolate programme booths and a stall round the back selling the Argus. Criminal waste of space IMHO.

Oh well, club's loss.

I think someone hasn't been paying attention...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
i can recommend a suitable replacement company.

Anyone tried a pie from the real pie company?

Home page

proper full pies full of meat, Massive chunks too.

We have them at home and they are fine but a bit dry. Not as good as PP IMHO

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
They are not going to give piglets pantry the boot. Think of how much revenue is made through selling their pies. Also, this stadium is about benefiting the local community and piglets pantry, being a local firm tick that box.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The pies are OK - when you can get to the front of the Queue, and get served.

It's Azure that are the problem.

Shambles, complete shambles - with little or no improvement since the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here