Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's gonna get the boot first? Azure or Piglets Pantry?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
But they have no sort of flavour balance. The steal pies tend to have masses of salt but other than that are flavourless. Pukka pies may have less meat but have 10x the flavour.

You are mad. Turn yourself in now, I mean it. Anyone, anywhere who can favourably compare a Pukka - that's pronounced "puker" - Pie to the fabulous pies on offer at the Amex is either taking the piss or needs help. Risible.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I posted this one of the other threads on the topic over the weekend...

If you read the piglets web site you can see they only delivered 8500+ pies, so either as someone said above - this is a limited run (most likely), or Azure didn't order enough (possible) or Piglets didn't fulfil the order requested (which I doubt). Thats the first problem, demand... If it were a limited run then the signs around the ordering points should say so.

The second is that the Azure staff cooking them haven't been given enough skill (or motivation) to sort them cook them and box them properly. Granted only half a dozen people on here have complained about the wrong pie and as a percentage of 8500+ that is rather small but, we aren't the entire stadium on here so I do wonder if there is a theme here along the lines of pay peanuts get...

Azure (Elior) got the stadium management contract. They do seem to be a big player in the catering market, but on the face of it the Amex isn't your standard stadium in that we wanted local food and local suppliers, but any multi-national (French) corporate catering conglomerate should be able to organise that? Oui?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
But they have no sort of flavour balance. The steal pies tend to have masses of salt but other than that are flavourless. Pukka pies may have less meat but have 10x the flavour.

Ye it's amazing what flavours all those additives can give........................................

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There seems to be a language barrier with many of the staff, which may eplain being given the wrong pie.

I asked for a tango on Saturday to which the girl said in broken english "what is it"

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Azure have had half a season now to get things right. WSU upper kiosks at about 2.25 on Saturday were ridiculously slow, I'm not very patient, and i gave up waiting for a pie and a pint. Mainly because it was taking about 8 mins to serve the guy at the front, who then walked away with... 2 pints. Why does every order and transaction take so long!

I think the main problem is the time it takes for the operators to operate the tills - either they are massively complicated, or the staff aren't being trained properly. I suspect it's the second issue, with Azure penny pinching.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm thinking pepper, a little rosemary, perhaps some vegetable stock.

Steak & Kidney:
Water, Wheatflour, Beef (20%), Margarine (contains Vegetable Fat and Oils, Vegetable Emulsifiers: Mono-and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Soya Lecithin, Natural Vegetable Colours: Annatto, Curcumin), Beef Kidney (4%), Modified Maize Starch, Onion, Salt, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate, Pepper, Colour: Ammonia Caramel

Chicken & mushroom:
Water, Wheatflour, Margarine (contains Vegetable Fat and Oils, Vegetable Emulsifiers: Mono-and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Soya Lecithin, Natural Vegetable Colours: Annatto, Curcumin), Chicken (14%), Mushroom (4%), Onion, Modified Maize Starch, Chicken Flavour (contains Celery, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate, Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein, Rusk, Spices, Natural Flavourings, Herbs), Salt, Pepper

All steak pie:
Beef (29%), Wheatflour, Water, Shortening & Margarine (contain Vegetable Fat and Oils, Vegetable Emulsifiers: Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids ,Natural Vegetable Colours: Annatto, Curcumin), Onion, Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate, Pepper, Colour: Ammonia Caramel, Glazing Agent (contains: Potato Dextrins, Wheat Protein, Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Thickener: Xanthan Gum)

Yummy :drool:

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Steak & Kidney:
Water, Wheatflour, Beef (20%), Margarine (contains Vegetable Fat and Oils, Vegetable Emulsifiers: Mono-and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Soya Lecithin, Natural Vegetable Colours: Annatto, Curcumin), Beef Kidney (4%), Modified Maize Starch, Onion, Salt, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate, Pepper, Colour: Ammonia Caramel

Chicken & mushroom:
Water, Wheatflour, Margarine (contains Vegetable Fat and Oils, Vegetable Emulsifiers: Mono-and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Soya Lecithin, Natural Vegetable Colours: Annatto, Curcumin), Chicken (14%), Mushroom (4%), Onion, Modified Maize Starch, Chicken Flavour (contains Celery, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate, Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein, Rusk, Spices, Natural Flavourings, Herbs), Salt, Pepper

All steak pie:
Beef (29%), Wheatflour, Water, Shortening & Margarine (contain Vegetable Fat and Oils, Vegetable Emulsifiers: Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids ,Natural Vegetable Colours: Annatto, Curcumin), Onion, Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate, Pepper, Colour: Ammonia Caramel, Glazing Agent (contains: Potato Dextrins, Wheat Protein, Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Thickener: Xanthan Gum)

Yummy :drool:

They both have hydrogenated fats and MSG in?! :lolol:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Ye it's amazing what flavours all those additives can give........................................

and the scalding "gravy"

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I dont get why people are getting at the manufacturers here.

If people think its a quality problem - then you must be mad. I've tasted the four main types (skipped the xmas one as I dont like cooked cranberry) and all have been excellent both in terms of football ground food as well as what you can get from supermarkets. The only quibble I have had is when they have been nuked and gone soggy but that's Azure's problem.

If its a supply problem - how come there are always some left after the game? Its clearly that Azure either

a) cant cook them quickly enough and so there are gaps when there is demand but none ready or

b) cant get them to the right points as some areas have sold out whilst others still have stock

And dont forget Azure promised us asian food (disappeared off the menu after 1 game) and have similar supply problems with burgers as I reported after a recent game where they the couple in front of me were told they had 'sold out' at 2.00pm only to miraculously have some 20 mins later, I think any sane person would be hard pressed to blame Piglets for that too?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The fact is that the usual take up of refreshments at football is 40%, we are running with 88%. There are problems because of the sheer numbers of people wanting to buy from the kiosks.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
They both have hydrogenated fats and MSG in?! :lolol:

MSG has been proven to cause panic attacks in a significant number of cases. That's why many chinese restuarants are now steering clear of using it.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I was speaking to someone who has already left working for Azure. Reasons being pay is too low, no breaks, no food!, and poor senior organisation of supplies resulting in being faced with grumpy punters. Degree level person now shelfstacking at Sainsburys when would be rather working at Amex

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And dont forget Azure promised us asian food (disappeared off the menu after 1 game) and have similar supply problems with burgers as I reported after a recent game where they the couple in front of me were told they had 'sold out' at 2.00pm only to miraculously have some 20 mins later, I think any sane person would be hard pressed to blame Piglets for that too?

Noodles to be introduced very shortly - they're aiming for during January.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Anybody know why the separate hot dog kiosks which appeared in the north consourse a while ago have now disappeared again

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was speaking to someone who has already left working for Azure. Reasons being pay is too low, no breaks, no food!, and poor senior organisation of supplies resulting in being faced with grumpy punters. Degree level person now shelfstacking at Sainsburys when would be rather working at Amex

1 - Surely he asked about the pay before he started
2 - Its hardly a full days work is it re breaks
3 - Since when should an employer pay for its staff's food
4 - Did they do their degree in fast food?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here