• Yes I went.

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • No Load of Shit, Shit for Brains etc etc

Votes: 26 25.7%

• Total voters

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Derby University 1992 - 95. Good location for a number of away matches in that time. I think I went almost the whole of my time at Derby without seeing an Albion away win.

Well worth doing, though a History degree has proved fairly useless (But the hours at Uni were miniscule).

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
MYOB said:
I'm lucky that I already have a fair amount of independence, albeit with an insanely worrying mother...

Been halfway across Europe and she was worried about me going to the play off final because I'd be sitting in Cardiff train station for 7 hours waiting for a train...

Thats what mothers are here for ................ to worry about our kids :wave: :wave: :wave:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I can vouch for that...a very good young permed hair accountant young monster munch was indeed

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oi they were my own golden locks, way back then when I had colour in my hair . Anyway, I don't know if you have the same adverts as we have in ireland but there's the chocolate one where the geezer in the office is being prompted by a sheep to eat the choccy. I think I was a dead ringer of him circa 1982, tank top and all.:lolol:

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
I've been to four universities
UEA in Norwich, Leicester, Nottingham and Bournemouth ... they were four great days out at my two sons and two daughters'
graduation ceremonies. :clap2: :clap2:

Fortunately none of them inherited my "shit for brains".

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
No Uni here!

Did an HND and wanted to earn some cash rather than fobbing off the bank for loans. Mind you, I graduated with a Distinction <stinks chest out> and who knows, I might return to education later on in life as a lentil-eating, curtain-wearing mature student.

At least I have the option to skip the first year!!

By the way HND stands for 'Have No Degree'.........:lolol:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
2:1 from Exeter Uni, four years spent at a college in Plymouth. Wonderful stuff, just never able to see the albion, aside from a 4-0 thrashing at Home Park.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Was the first to post as someone who never went to University and watched the numbers climb to 10-1 against me before I got bored and went to bed. Can't say that not having a degree has really affected me as most of the knowledge I need for my job has been obtained on work related training courses. I am however considering a second career doing something almost completely different from at present, that will make me a 40-something student pursuing a career that leads to a degree qualification. Went with a mate to watch a band at a Student Uni Bar a few weeks back, student life, can't wait...

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Spiros said:
Ah but Reading is a proper 'proper' university. I went there in the 80s to study Cybernetics but soon changed to Computer Science which was easier and led to a more lucrative career. The town may be a dump but I had 3 very enjoyable years there. Has it been cold enough for the lake to freeze this year?

Yeah, hate the town but love the uni! Not frozen yet this year, would love to see it though.

andima

Jan 9, 2005
sussex
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I AM CURRTENTLY IN MY LAST YEAR OF SPORTS THERAPY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF LUTON. GTREAT FUN HAVE REALLY ENJOYED IT BUT ITS HARD TOIWARDS THE END OF THE 2ND AND 3RD YEAR

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
im @ canterbury university in first year doing accountancy and finance. Only 8 hours of lectures a week, and 4 seminars a week :lolol: of which i attend about half. The area is pretty dull though.

andima

Jan 9, 2005
sussex
OH FORGOT TO MENTION THE HOURS I DO, 3 HOURS THURSDAY, 2 HOURS FRIDAY AND THAT IS IT. REST OF THE TIME OFF TO DRINK LOTS OF BEER

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I'm hopefully going next year, really really really want to do Social and Cultural Studies at the proper Nottingham - as long as i survive my a-levels - easy my arse!

Going to visit Portsmouth tomorrow for a look around - as theyre offering me the lowest grades to get in (200pts)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
University of life and deeply regretted ever since.

For all the younger ones do not ever pass up the option of University trust me - it has taken me 20 years at work to achieve what would have been 5 years with a degree.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I'm hopefully going next year, really really really want to do Social and Cultural Studies at the proper Nottingham - as long as i survive my a-levels - easy my arse!

Going to visit Portsmouth tomorrow for a look around - as theyre offering me the lowest grades to get in (200pts)

I went to my uni for the same reason - lowest grades required (unbelievable 2 E A-level grades to enter) but then found out it was a good uni to go to and the course was great.

The most important thing for me was to get that 'good feeling' when you visit the place. Your intuition leads you in the right way usually.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
So basically what you are saying is, you got a chance to acheive a higher education that most of the population would kill for and havent the faintest chance of achieving and you chose that time, not to spend it bettering yourself, you chose to attend only 20 hours lectures in four years?

On the one hand I could say that you are a sponging git who abuses the goodwill of the taxpayer who subsidises you to have a good time at their expense, on the other hand I could say fair play to you for taking advantage of a system that allowed you to do that.

As I never got the chance to go to Uni ( grades not good enough at A level) I actually have been doing an OU degree ( although I have stalled at the moment having bugger all time to do it due to work). So I am a pretend student really

I went to enough lectures to pass my degree and had a whale of a time along the way.

Got involved in loads of societies and played a lot of sport.

You can say I was a tax dodger sponging off others but then when I am older and paying taxes I expect every single student will be going to the University of East Worthing or some other institution doing Pepsi Studies.

I will be paying taxes and subsidising them so I guess what goes around comes around.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trish said:
I've been to four universities
UEA in Norwich, Leicester, Nottingham and Bournemouth ... they were four great days out at my two sons and two daughters'
graduation ceremonies. :clap2: :clap2:

Fortunately none of them inherited my "shit for brains".

I can identify with that Trish. I went to my daughters graduation at Nottingham Uni.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
BA at Manchester in early 80's and best three years of my life. Worked now and then, but the music and football experience was second to none. Would not enjoy all the baggage that comes with being a student today, but would recommend it to anyone with the proviso that you only get out of it what you put into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here