Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here supported another team before they startied supporting Brighton

Who supported another team before they supported Brighton?

• Total voters

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I did support Liverpool when they were playing in Europe, but then I was only 6. So really BHA through and through

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Nobody really gave a shit about football in my house, a mate when I was six told me he supported Liverpool and I misheard and followed Blackpool for about 2 months. Followed liverpool until 7 and then my dad took me to the Albion - the 70s goldstone atmosphere under the lights changed me forever. Ward and Horton became my heros and never looked back.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Nobody really gave a shit about football in my house, a mate when I was six told me he supported Liverpool and I misheard and followed Blackpool for about 2 months. Followed liverpool until 7 and then my dad took me to the Albion - the 70s goldstone atmosphere under the lights changed me forever. Ward and Horton became my heros and never looked back.

This could've been my post (apart from the Blackpool part) - as soon as I went to the Goldstone that was it

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Where's old Norwich/West Ham/Arsenal etc etc Tim? (stumpy tim)

I used to have a photo of Stumpy in his full Norwich kit next to Simster in his full British Caledonian kit standing in front of their garage (the goal) when Sim and me were about 13, so Stumpy must've been about 8?

Despite my family being glory hunters (Liverpool, Man U, Leeds and Nottingham Forest fans - all Sussex based!) I decided in the 1977 season I would "follow my local team". I think they treated me with a bit of sympathy, but I was the only one who regularly went to see my team play. :ascarf:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I was a lad I went to Brighton home games and when they were away went to Woodside Rd to watch Worthing in the Corithian League who had such players as Reggie Bowles, Tony Martin, David and Arthur or was it Alfie Bloom and Jim Punter. I must admit I did on the very odd occassion go to Fratton Park if they played Spurs.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes but I was in single digits for age. About 9/10 I went from a Liverpool supporter (family team) who followed Brighton (local team) to the other way around. Makes a good 18 years or so since I saw sense :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yup....I supported the first team to win the league three times in a row. ( and still do deep down)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In order ...

Newport County (this started when I lived in Newport)
Birmingham City (this started when I lived in Birmingham)
US Montalcino (this started when I lived in Montalcino)
Brighton & Hove Albion (this started when I lived in Hove)

I think US Montalcino is the only club in the world with a medieval castle running the full length of one side of the pitch.

where you moving errrr who you supporting next fella ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was in the 1920's LOL

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't believe how many of you supported someone else!!

It's always been Brighton for me, always has been always will be.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't believe how many of you supported someone else!!

It's always been Brighton for me, always has been always will be.

maybe there are a lot of people who don't come from brighton! the first time I ever heard of Brighton was when I lived in Melksham and Bristol Rovers won 8-2....living in the west country that was all over the papers and telly. they were a huge joke in our school!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Brighton born & bred. Youngest of three boys, wasn't interested in football till I was about nine. Then saw the newly issued England Kit [Admiral - red & blue stripes on sleeve] and started to take an interest. Watched Southampton beat Manure '76 Cup Final - became obsessed with Mick Channon. Dad took me to my first game [and only his second; Everton vs Liverpool 1947 being his first] of professional football at The Dell [Saints vs Hereford October '76 - 1:0 Saints - Nick Holmes]

Six months later, with Channon posters on the wall and a replica Saints top, my brother took me to the Goldstone [Mansfield - Easter time] and the rest, as they say . . . .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Micky Channon was class... used to love his waterwheel arm celebration. I never understood why England were so shite in the 70's with players like him, Osgood, Clarke, Currie, Brooking, Keegan, Webb, Smith, Hughes, Clemence, Shilton, the whole of both the Liverpool and Forest sides (the English contingent)... oh for Clough as manager back then... anyway I digress, apologies.

Albion all the way for me! Dad was an Albion fan so I followed Daddy's team whilst also inheriting his dislike of Man Utd...there's a pic of me in one of the goalmouths at the goldstone when I was 1, though when I started to understand my football surroundings it was unfortunatley after the demise of our beloved home, with my earliest Albion memory being a trip to Priestfield.

Had a "soft spot" for liverpool when about 9/10 but never considered myself a supporter in any way, shape or form.

Only time where I have deviated was The Adams/Slade season-only season in recent memory that I never saw a game of due to following Worthing home and away to all but a handful of games that season. Becoming a fully fledged Worthing fan was mainly due to it becoming too expensive for myself and my Dad to go to Withdean!! Still I don't regret it one bit!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here