Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here supported another team before they startied supporting Brighton

Who supported another team before they supported Brighton?

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't need to 'out' myself, already said on here I have supported two teams for the past 40 years, although with the edge definitley on Brighton. Could actually make that three teams, maybe even four!!

Brighton
Chelsea
East Preston (County League)
Angmering (West Sussex League)

Can't vote, don't have the option.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Everton -when i was at middle school around 84 -86 they were one of the best sides in the country and i only got to watch footy on tv until my Dad took me to the goldstone in 87 and that was that.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Aston Villa - but stopped going years before I moved down to sunny B&H 11 years ago. I then decided It'd be rude not to support my local club, although I've mostly regretted it ever since tbh. :lolol:

Last edited:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Liverpool for one season when I was 7.

I turned the following season.

Never looked back.

I bloody love the albion.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Wealdstone until moved to Sussex as a teenager in the mid 70's. Used to go to the old Lower Mead Stadium most home games with some mates from school.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I supported Brighton all the time but also supported Spurs up until about the age of 4 and then went on to Man Utd till i was 8. Only because my older brother did. When Brighton moved back and started playing at Withdean i started supporting them as my only team.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I've put that I did support another team but really it was only a casual interest in Chelsea in the early 70's when I was too young to know the error of my ways. For many years I had forgotten my loose affiliation completely - until "Blue is the Colour" crept into my head for some inexplicable reason.

Once I'd been taken by my Dad to sit on the benches in the South Stand that was it - Brighton til I die for better or worse!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
As a 7 year old my best friend supported Man United, therefore so did I. Then at the age of 13 I still hadn't been to Old Trafford and realised I had a local team which I started supporting. Since then we have won 3 promotions

It was Arsenal for me in 1971 - Charlie George and all that. - Still have a soft spot for 'em altho the present lost don't really liht my candle.

Plus, although I lived in Hassocks, I had no comprehension that BHA existed, until I started going to school in Hove in 1975

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Dad and grandad were from the Midlands,so I was brought up a Villa fan, although I lived in Somerset as a kid and infrequently watched Bristol City in the days of Hunter, shaw etc.
Only when I moved to Sussex 20 years ago did I become a follower then fan of Brighton, with first game being play-off final in 91. Never looked back!
Still keep an eye on the Villa though..

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
1970 Chelsea Cup Winning side even though I'm Brighton born and bred. Mind you I was only 9 and still to be taken to my first Albion game. That replay at Old Trafford was a proper blood and thunder cup final and Peter Osgood's diving/flying header is still one of the great (balck and white) cup goals. Mind you I was absolutely hooked and lost forever on the good ship Albion after the promotion winning game at the Albion vs Rochdale in 1972 - Jesus nearly 40 years ago (gulp!)

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
One Team only here, not born or bred in Brighton, but used come down for our Summer Holidays when I was a nipper, first game I was six, but cannot for the life of me remember who we played, this would have been in the April of 77.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
I am afraid I did.Was born and spent my first 11 years in Maidstone, Kent. Supported Maidstone Utd until I moved down to Sussex which was at the time of their demise.
I must like clubs who sell their grounds with no where else to play other than an unpopular groundshare!

Oh and a certain Mark Beeney made his name there!

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Grew up in N.London (archway) and supported Arsenal, moved to Brighton when I was 11 in 1966. Went to first Goldstone match in 67. Never looked back

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Unfortunately I did. My dad is a life long Man U fan and I just supported who he supported and wasn't really aware of Brighton and Hove Albion. When I was about 9 years old, my two brothers were going to Brighton games home and away and I one day began supporting the Albion - I saw the blue and white light you could say.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brighton bred, I started watching the albion when I was about 7. I don't remember really watching any particular team on TV before then. I don't know if it's because I didn't care about the teams, or if I just didn't watch many.

In order ...

Newport County (this started when I lived in Newport)
Birmingham City (this started when I lived in Birmingham)
US Montalcino (this started when I lived in Montalcino)
Brighton & Hove Albion (this started when I lived in Hove)

I think US Montalcino is the only club in the world with a medieval castle running the full length of one side of the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here