Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here supported another team before they startied supporting Brighton

Who supported another team before they supported Brighton?

• Total voters

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I can't believe how many of you supported someone else!!

It's always been Brighton for me, always has been always will be.

I moved from London and I have no family who support Brighton so had to get into watching myself. I was brought up to support Liverpool and also QPR but never took interest with QPR but always had a thing for Liverpool but the Albion have been my team for about 5 years now and that's how it will stay for the rest of my life.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I never liked football at my first Primary school St Pauls Catholic in Brighton. Year 5 and 6 played down the end and the playground was split in to areas each year could play in. That meant reception was down one end and the football the other. This changed when I moved across to St Andrews and Aldo was told to show me around and stuff and at break I played my first football match. Jumpers vs Shirts.

Aldo, obviously, is a Liverpool supporter. So Liverpool were the team to follow but slowly during Juniors I started following Brighton a bit more, and eventually during secondary school turned fully around year 8. Followed the Albion scores after playing football in year 9 and first game in year 10 and 11. Last year was my first season ticket and this year i've got one. Having to pay more for the next one will be hard BUT 8 quid a week isn't as bad as i thought it would be. 11 quid return on the train. So its not just gonna fade.

The best bit is knowing that I'll follow the Albion for the rest of my life and it isn't going to change now.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Also if you supported the Albion since you were knee-high to a grass-hopper that usually means that yours was an Albion family. Mine wasn't even a football family. I knew the Albion from the tele-printer - but it was only at secondary school when I realised you could actually go to games.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Also if you supported the Albion since you were knee-high to a grass-hopper that usually means that yours was an Albion family. Mine wasn't even a football family. I knew the Albion from the tele-printer - but it was only at secondary school when I realised you could actually go to games.

You can go to games?!?

Oops...

:blush:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Are you seeing any games this season Trufflehound ? As Jim in the West posted - this is the season and this is the team.

...and sadly this (here) is the Netherlands and I can't spare the time to get away. :down: The only game I've 'seen' live was a live stream of Bournemouth at Withdean. And no, it was never a penalty.

On the plus side, my sister is hoping to move back to Brighton from Nottingham later in the year, so next season there will be no excuse and I hope to renew my acquaintance with 'actually going to a game' after a gap of several too many years - if you buggering season ticket holders leave any spare tickets that is...

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
When I was 11 or so, I supported Man Utd, purely because my surname is Manchester. This changed when I went to my first proper Brighton game at about 13.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My father was in a job that he had to move every couple of years and my first taste of football was when he took me along to see the Busby Babes at United when we lived in Warrington and I was hooked on the game.
He then had to move to Southampton when I was nine and I became a Saints fan, going on my own every other week to the Dell.
When he had to move to Brighton I was twelve years old and really did no want to go and watch the Albion, as I was truly a Saints fan then, so my first year in Brighton I never watched a live game.
Then a mate asked me to go with him and when I watched a very good Albion Side with the likes of Langley. Gill, Whitfield, Gordan, Munday, Harburn and Howard I was hooked again.
If I can be called a turncoat, then yes I am, because I really hate the Saints now with a passion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My father was in a job that he had to move every couple of years and my first taste of football was when he took me along to see the Busby Babes at United when we lived in Warrington and I was hooked on the game.
He then had to move to Southampton when I was nine and I became a Saints fan, going on my own every other week to the Dell.
When he had to move to Brighton I was twelve years old and really did no want to go and watch the Albion, as I was truly a Saints fan then, so my first year in Brighton I never watched a live game.
Then a mate asked me to go with him and when I watched a very good Albion Side with the likes of Langley. Gill, Whitfield, Gordan, Munday, Harburn and Howard I was hooked again.
If I can be called a turncoat, then yes I am, because I really hate the Saints now with a passion.

Yes I can empathise with that.

In my life I have supported:
Huddersfield
Highlands Park ( South Africa)
Chelsea ( when we came back from SA and we lived in Kent and everyone around us supported Chelsea)
Swindon I suppose ( living in the West Country)
Brighton - because we moved down here, but only as my brother and I were sent down by my dad as we were hanging around the house. we could have been sent to another club if it was close, but it was Brighton so that is when I started supporting them.

To be fair though Brighton have been the only team I have gone to see regularily ( although a couple of years ago, I was an inch away from giving up) although I do go and watch Hudds about 5 or six times a year and of course the glory games like the playoffs , big cup games etc!

Claireabell

Feb 2, 2009
Hailsham
From South London originally - supported the "real" Wimbledon and attended Plough Lane. Moved to Sussex In 1985 and went to my first game at the Goldstone in 1986 - rest is history! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
( although a couple of years ago, I was an inch away from giving up) !

I effectively did give up during Adam's 2nd tenure, just to painful to sit through more than once every couple of months.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Brighton and only Brighton for me, I was a little late starting (for my family at least) as I wasn't remotly interested in football full stop let alone bha til I was about 10 or 11ish. My dad gave up taking me to the Goldstone as all I did was moan I was bored and ask for food every five minutes.

But at school if asked I always defiently said Brighton and would never listen to all my mates who supported the top prem teams. After much bullying from Biscuit about me being wierd etc and much crying I decided I'd just 'pretend' to support Brighton to shut him up. Dad got me a few tickets and I was hooked.

It was always going to happen when I think now that my dad, two brothers, aunt and nan all had ST's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here