• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Uncle Spielberg said:
I truely believe Tony Blair is the worst Prime Minister ever inflicted on this poor nation. I don't know where to start. The other one cited all the time is Thatcher but I maintain Blair is a far far worse PM than Thatcher ever was.

Can someone tell me ANYTHING good Blair has done for this country in 10 years.

Responsible for returning a Conservative government:lol:

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
It's just a shame that the Iraq war has left such a sour taste in every one's mouth. If it wasn't for that Blair would be remembered as a very good prime-minister.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Uncle Spielberg said:
I truely believe Uncle Speilberg is the worst Poster ever inflicted on this poor message board. I don't know where to start. The other one cited all the time is Adrianinho(or whatever his name is) but I maintain that out of everyone Uncle Spielberg is a far far worse poster than even FG ever was.

Can someone tell me ANYTHING half sensible that Uncle Speilberg has ever posted in 10 years.

I could not agree more :salute:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Buzzer said:
<SNIP>

The worst PM? John Major for me. A lying, two-faced coward.

I'd have to agree entirely. In fact coming from someone who writes about the subject as if you're a Tory that's a right condemnation.

Whatever you think of Thatcher and Blair you have to admit that not only did BOTH get re-elected more than once but BOTH have presided over huge economic and social change in this country.

Major however created an uber-recession, put a load of sleezes in power and then lost to Labour in an embarssingly huge landslide for Labour. Nice one Johnny. :angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
I truely believe Tony Blair is the worst Prime Minister ever inflicted on this poor nation. I don't know where to start. The other one cited all the time is Thatcher but I maintain Blair is a far far worse PM than Thatcher ever was.

Can someone tell me ANYTHING good Blair has done for this country in 10 years.
You must have suffered a pretty comprehensive attack of amnesia.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Poll Tax riots
Miners Strikes
Ambulancemen Strikes
Whapping riots
The Falklands Conflict(apparently it wasn't a war)
1981 recession
3 Million unemployed
12% interest rates
7% inflation
Boom & bust economy
1992 recession as a result of the last 3
3 year NHS waiting lists for hip replacements
Water privatisation
Rail Privatisation
Jeffery Archer
Cecil Parkinson
David Mellor
Michael Portillo

...those were the days!

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
supaseagull said:
Poll Tax riots
Miners Strikes
Ambulancemen Strikes
Whapping riots
1981 recession
3 Million unemployed
12% interest rates
7% inflation
Boom & bust economy
Water privatisation
Rail Privatisation
Jeffery Archer
Cecil Parkinson
David Mellor
Michael Portillo

Happy days
...those were the days!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You cannot have a worst of two options, only a worse.

However, Thatcher is easily the WORST PM ever

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What about the question what has Blair done that's bad?
i can think of vast amounts of much-needed reform that the labour government has made in the last ten years. All PMs make mistakes, His main error is Iraq which he essentially inheried from Thatcher and the US as they supported him and then failed to deal with the problem they'd created. Also Thatcher was responsible for the Falklands, a completely unnessary conflict fought solely to keep her and the tories in power

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think history will divide Blair's 10 year stint into the pre-911 glory years and the post-911 disaster years.

You've got to give Blair credit for largely keeping the unions in check and strike action minimised. We take it for granted that strikes won't affect us, but I can remember the dark days of the 70s and early 80s.

Paradoxically, by hanging on for power and therefore pushing away potential donors with his unpopularity New Labour is increasing relying on union donations and consequently they'll be calling the shots once again.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
supaseagull said:
Poll Tax riots
Miners Strikes
Ambulancemen Strikes
Whapping riots
1981 recession
3 Million unemployed
12% interest rates
7% inflation
Boom & bust economy
Water privatisation
Rail Privatisation
Jeffery Archer
Cecil Parkinson
David Mellor
Michael Portillo

...those were the days!
18% interest rates
14.5% inflation
4 million unemployed

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Large One said:
18% interest rates
14.5% inflation
4 million unemployed
Maybe mortgage advisors did pretty well out of a large number of desperate people with negative equity having to sell because of crippling interest rates?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
actually MOH your bang out of order there as I had the most difficult time of my life in the early 90's with the recession it hit my industry massively, think about it man, do you think negative equity was good for the mortgage market , it was a disaster, how could crippling interest rates be a recipe for mortgage advisor to do well, also if people were in negative equity how could they sell , you have contradicted yourself there, tens of thousands of people in the finance industry lost their jobs but they did not have a march in the capitol for them or make a film about it ala Brassed Off, funny old world

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
actually MOH your bang out of order there as I had the most difficult time of my life in the early 90's with the recession it hit my industry massively, think about it man, do you think negative equity was good for the mortgage market , it was a disaster, how could crippling interest rates be a recipe for mortgage advisor to do well, also if people were in negative equity how could they sell , you have contradicted yourself there, tens of thousands of people in the finance industry lost their jobs but they did not have a march in the capitol for them or make a film about it ala Brassed Off, funny old world
OK, calm down, fair enough, no offence intended.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Uncle Spielberg said:

I sympathise. Remind me again which political party was in power at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here