• Blair

Votes: 57 41.0%
  • Thatcher

Votes: 82 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stumpy Tim

London Irish said:
She is the most despised leader this country has ever had. There are large parts of this country she could not appear in without the risk of mini riots.

Blair is a empty phoney but his present unpopularity will fade once he's gone from office, even his political enemies didn't really hate him that much.

But, for anyone who lived through the social havoc she unleashed on the British people with deliberate policies of mass unemployment and the huge divisions she created between the well-off and the poor, the sheer hatred for Thatcher remains undimmed to this day.

:clap: :clap:

Spot on. I will be voting Labour again in the next election. Horrible job in Iraq, but Blair will be gone & on the domestic front Labour have been excellent.

I also still like Blair, and he will go down as one of the best PM's in history. Like it or lump it

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
algie said:
What about the open boarder policy?
that sounds like something Lokki would approve of...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
She is the most despised leader this country has ever had. There are large parts of this country she could not appear in without the risk of mini riots.

Blair is a empty phoney but his present unpopularity will fade once he's gone from office, even his political enemies didn't really hate him that much.

But, for anyone who lived through the social havoc she unleashed on the British people with deliberate policies of mass unemployment and the huge divisions she created between the well-off and the poor, the sheer hatred for Thatcher remains undimmed to this day.
I'm piling in with more LI adulation. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
HampshireSeagulls said:
Maggie gave me a cracking pay rise, so I will rinse her gin-soaked knickers in my sink anyday.
I have a very big problem with the subtitle under your name on your avatar. Please change it. Thanks.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Man of Harveys said:
I have a very big problem with the subtitle under your name on your avatar. Please change it. Thanks.

Bozza requested I change it, so I did - apparently there had been "lots of complaints". That'll be the Muslims with no sense of humour again then? Did you notice that the Danish court upheld the right of the newspapers to print those cartoons that caused riots and idiots to dress up as suicide bombers?

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit - I tolerate the liberal sprinklings of words that I don't like on here, and opinions that I find offensive. I apply the simple rule that if I don't like it, I don't look.

It would appear that some people are taking a leaf from the senior cleric of Australia's Qu'ran again. especially the bit about integrating peacefully and respecting each other......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6090136.stm

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Re: Re: Who is the worst PM ?.

sussexfatboy said:
Can someone tell me ANYTHING good Blair has done for this country in 10 years.

Child and working tax credits [/B][/QUOTE]

You are having a fecking bird-bath mate !!

I've worked on the IT system we know and love as NTC - the cost of implementing and maintaining this IT system costs this country a King's ransom - Gordon fecking Brown should be tried for treason for introducing this utter utter drain on the taxpayer ....

"NTC" & "good" do not go in the same sentence

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So 25 years after the evil witch left office and long before a lot of posters on here will remember, she still manages to walk away with this poll.

Since most people under 40 won't even remember what she did, is it a fair guess that amongst the over 40s who remember her, the percentage is a little higher than displayed here.

The evil bastard who's money was the power behind Thatcher (who coincidentally made millions in South Africa whilst she was refusing sanctions) has gone and with any luck she won't be far behind. I'll dance on her grave :censored:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
and another thing .....

Since football is recognised as a working class sport and that labour is the political party of the working class - and most of the voters on here are football followers, does it not follow that a labour preference will prevail with a bias of anti-tory?

I'm not stereotyping all football fans as labour supporters, just suggesting that the majority of football fans will likely be labour voters anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
gareth......

he never cleans out his inbox

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh and the same with MOH...he never cleans his out either

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
WATFORD zero said:
So 25 years after the evil witch left office and long before a lot of posters on here will remember, she still manages to walk away with this poll.

Since most people under 40 won't even remember what she did, is it a fair guess that amongst the over 40s who remember her, the percentage is a little higher than displayed here.

The evil bastard who's money was the power behind Thatcher (who coincidentally made millions in South Africa whilst she was refusing sanctions) has gone and with any luck she won't be far behind. I'll dance on her grave :censored:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ill join you with the grave dancing.:censored:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shropshire Seagull said:
and another thing .....

Since football is recognised as a working class sport and that labour is the political party of the working class - and most of the voters on here are football followers, does it not follow that a labour preference will prevail with a bias of anti-tory?
That's a total myth. The largest section of society who follow football are middle class, not working class. However, it is true to say that most players come from working class backgrounds - simply because a career as a professional football is not "acceptable" to most middle class parents. i.e. no middle class parents will accept their child throwing away A levels & GCSEs at the expense of chasing a dream football career. Basketball in America is not dissimilar.

Shropshire Seagull said:
I'm not stereotyping all football fans as labour supporters, just suggesting that the majority of football fans will likely be labour voters anyway.
Eh? So what's the difference?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Incidentally, I was walking past a book shop in central London a couple of years back and was alarmed to see the largest queue I've ever seen, and at least 6 armed policemen that I could see in the immediate vicinity.

Of course, it was Thatch signing her autobiography, and that queue summarises her in a nutshell. The people who did like her, seemed to adore her. Everyone else hated her with a passion - how many other ex-PMs would still be costing the taxpayer millions in bodyguard costs some 15 years after she left office?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Shropshire Seagull said:
and another thing .....

agree

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Uncle Spielberg said:
actually MOH your bang out of order there as I had the most difficult time of my life in the early 90's with the recession it hit my industry massively, think about it man, do you think negative equity was good for the mortgage market , it was a disaster, how could crippling interest rates be a recipe for mortgage advisor to do well, also if people were in negative equity how could they sell , you have contradicted yourself there, tens of thousands of people in the finance industry lost their jobs but they did not have a march in the capitol for them or make a film about it ala Brassed Off, funny old world

How about the SHIT advice that mortgage advisors gave to housebuyers in order to line their pockets with commissions from spiv endowment companies, leaving lots of us with huge deficits when those policies mature.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was only able to buy my first house because the crash in the early 90's made buying one on a public sector wage possible, during the time when my mortgage was going through we had interest rates double over the space of 2 days when the then Chancellor lost it completely. Say what you like about Tony and his cronies, but I have rested assured during the time Labour have been in power that Gordon the gofer was far more trustworthy with the economy than the previous Tory administration.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dave the Gaffer said:
gareth......

he never cleans out his dirtbox

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh and the same with MOH...he never cleans his out either

SHOCKING arse related observations there Dave:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports