Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst player you have seen play for the Albion?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Jason Peake.
Simon Funnell was pretty shite too if I remember.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So many lousy players on the field but off hit Micky Thomas (The Taffy Twat) wins hands down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The likes of Richard Tilman, Mark "Feyenood" Farrington, Les Berry and Dale Jasper were indeed utter pony but they were playing in what is now the Championship. Even Mike Trusson was part of a promotion winning side from division 3.

If you're looking for true shite, you can't really look any further than the era of the late '90s, and there are some very rich pickings to be had. Peter Smith was severely limited but there were far far far worse: Moralee (zero effort, ever), Ashley Neale (absolute gash and couldn't even RUN properly), Michael Mahoney Johnson (too good for us apparently, even though he couldn't hit a barn door against Doncaster's pub team) and sadly a whole bunch of others I have probably forgotten.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The likes of Richard Tilman, Mark "Feyenood" Farrington, Les Berry and Dale Jasper were indeed utter pony but they were playing in what is now the Championship. Even Mike Trusson was part of a promotion winning side from division 3.

If you're looking for true shite, you can't really look any further than the era of the late '90s, and there are some very rich pickings to be had. Peter Smith was severely limited but there were far far far worse: Moralee (zero effort, ever), Ashley Neale (absolute gash and couldn't even RUN properly), Michael Mahoney Johnson (too good for us apparently, even though he couldn't hit a barn door against Doncaster's pub team) and sadly a whole bunch of others I have probably forgotten.

Will have to go with this,although Peter Smith did score some vital goals to keep us in the league and 100% agree with Mahoney "the Pony" Johnson,when he came off at full time at Gillingham,my son got in front of him and shouted,"Wear your shirt with Pride you FOOKING W**K*R.
He had no interest at all,just did'nt want to be there.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Geary I think

An attacking midfielder in late 70s totally useless. Played a lot of Sx County League too.

Anyone remember his first name?

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Absolutely Richard Tiltman by far. Didn't rate Dale Jasper much either.

Also Tony Meola was a frustrating player. Couldn't catch a ball and punched everything away. Was surprised how much he'd improved and bulked out when he played in the World Cup.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Eric Young...in terms of basic football ability...i used to have to turn away every time he got the ball at his feet...handy in the air though

Not even close to being our worst player though. Went on to have a very good career. It's probably got to be one of the clutch of non-leaguers brought in under Barry Lloyd - most of whom were miles out of their depth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here