Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst player you have seen play for the Albion?

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Junior McDougald springs to mind, but to be fair, i could name loads from that era including Ashley Neale

Down in Bournemouth in torrential rain in 1995 I saw McDougald & Minton destroy the home team.

What about Alan Biley, and Seb Carole, Gavin Hoyte and Graeme Smith (with Peter Grummitt a 9/10, Smith's a zero).

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Mark Farrington and Mark "we've got and England in-ter-nat-ional" Barham.

Christ, even at the time I realised Barry Lloyd and others had assembled cr*p in the squad, beyond the first 11.

Add Tiltman, Horscroft, Jasper.

A miracle that we made it to 1991 play-off final. In 1991/92, First Division clubs would have knocked-up cricket scores against us.

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
Steve Jacobs gets my vote. Though he did score for us against Peterborough in a snowy cup match in 1986. Apart from that he was shit.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You could name most of the players from the late Goldstone and Gillingham era. With the so called "strikers" (with the exception of Richie Barker) heading the list.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
from recent years still my list

Poke
Petterson
G.Smith
Pethick
Richards
Hoyte

how the HELL they thought any of the above were footballers I shall never know..

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Down in Bournemouth in torrential rain in 1995 I saw McDougald & Minton destroy the home team.

What about Alan Biley, and Seb Carole, Gavin Hoyte and Graeme Smith (with Peter Grummitt a 9/10, Smith's a zero).

Carole started off decently , but every time he came back we seemed to lose a little bit of his quality

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I'm inclined to go Slow Joe Gatting. OK, there's been far worse football players played for the Albion, but at least they looked like they wanted to be footballers, they just weren't very good at it. Whereas Slow Joe always looked like he didn't even want to be a footballer in the first place, just looked like a family member pushed him into it or something.

Totally agree. I cant believe he played as many games as he did!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Diego Arismendi...........what a plie of plop that guy was, worst than any of the others mentioned on here.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Since moving to England, Arismendi has been branded a 'noise pest' after forcing his neighbour to move due to hosting late night parties.[7]

Wick pedia of Arismendi

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
But Richard Tiltman MUST have been OK.
Otherwise why would Lloyd have put him in the team over that useless bastard now what was his name oh yes Dean Saunders !!!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
But Richard Tiltman MUST have been OK.
Otherwise why would Lloyd have put him in the team over that useless bastard now what was his name oh yes Dean Saunders !!!

That's right. Let's sell Saunders as cheaply and quickly as possible, without a sell-on profit clause.
He'll never make it in the top flight, will never be an international, and won't command big transfer fees.

Well done Lloyd.

Done is the best traditions of BHAFC transfers out:
Horton is a has been. He won't keep a tiny club like Luton in the 1st div for seasons. (There's a far better replacement. Tony Grealish).
Case, he drinks too much. He's too old to play brilliantly in the 1st div for 6 more seasons with S'ton.
Danny Wilson, the same. Can't see that guy beating Arsenal in the League Cup Final.
Beeney. Sell to a cash rich club, with the main part of the fee being a completely unobtainable reach x number of games, with Nigel Martyn No.1 ahead of him.

Lesson for the new Brighton. Don't be mugged again.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
That's right. Let's sell Saunders as cheaply and quickly as possible, without a sell-on profit clause.
He'll never make it in the top flight, will never be an international, and won't command big transfer fees.

Well done Lloyd.

Done is the best traditions of BHAFC transfers out:
Horton is a has been. He won't keep a tiny club like Luton in the 1st div for seasons. (There's a far better replacement. Tony Grealish).
Case, he drinks too much. He's too old to play brilliantly in the 1st div for 6 more seasons with S'ton.
Danny Wilson, the same. Can't see that guy beating Arsenal in the League Cup Final.
Beeney. Sell to a cash rich club, with the main part of the fee being a completely unobtainable reach x number of games, with Nigel Martyn No.1 ahead of him.

Lesson for the new Brighton. Don't be mugged again.

For the umpteenth time, Saunders sale was forced by the bank after they heard we recieved a bid from Oxford, either we sold Saunders or the bank called in their loan. Beeney was sold for a decent sum which you may remember saved the club - we were in court on a winding up order the same day we sold him

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
For the umpteenth time, Saunders sale was forced by the bank after they heard we recieved a bid from Oxford, either we sold Saunders or the bank called in their loan. Beeney was sold for a decent sum which you may remember saved the club - we were in court on a winding up order the same day we sold him

And Case, Horton, Wilson?

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Anyone "of age" that doesn't answer Ashley Neal is a complete willy nose. Dishonourable mention for Willie Young for the second half capitulation at Fratton Park in 1984 but at least he had been a legend and was on the way down. How Ashley ever got a pro contract is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here