Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst player you have seen play for the Albion?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Going back in the day, my earliest memory of a crap footballer (and I've seen a few at the Albion) was Les Berry. Poor guy learnt he got the sack at the Goldstone through the Argus. Then later on I'd say Ashley Neal, awful just awful. Then recently Doug Loft. When we got relegated from the championship last time I was at Q.P.R when he came on as sub, was a complete joke and scuffed an equaliser off his shin. We were so poor and so was the goal, my mates an I instead of celebrating were in fits of laughter.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But thinking more about it, I would say the worst (certainly in terms of value because we paid £100k for him) was Mark Farrington.
we used to call him left hand mark

Teddy Maybank wasn't bad - he just wasn't Wardy, that's all.
true

The wost player or me? - Dale Jasper - came to us as a midfielder of the Ray (Butch) Wilkins. Well, he never made a forward pass - always sideways or back, and never more than 10 - 15 yards; just like Wikins, then - trouble was, he never passed to anyone on his own side.................................
could be the one

He wasn't Mellor, or even Fred Binney.
true again

David Lee
Geoff Pitcher
Graham Barrett
Paul Kitson
all of these come close

Big Dave Cameron.

Possibly the worst striker i have EVER seen! terrible touch, appalling in front of goal, rubbish in the air and for such a big bloke I seem to remember him falling over all the time...
yep worse than trolley

DO you mean Glen Geard ?
we had great hopes for this lad ..........................he let us down and ate the pies instead

Goalkeeper Graham Smith. 'kin useless.
worse goalkeeper its true

It's got to be Tiltman

YES I THINK YOU HAVE WON THE PRIZE

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
worst xl

Brian Mckenna
Les Berry
Ashley Neal
Grant Horscroft
stuart munday
geoff cooper
les briley
mark fox
phil andrews
richard tiltman
damien hilton

what a team

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
That's right. Let's sell Saunders as cheaply and quickly as possible, without a sell-on profit clause.
He'll never make it in the top flight, will never be an international, and won't command big transfer fees.

Well done Lloyd.

Done is the best traditions of BHAFC transfers out:
Horton is a has been. He won't keep a tiny club like Luton in the 1st div for seasons. (There's a far better replacement. Tony Grealish).
Case, he drinks too much. He's too old to play brilliantly in the 1st div for 6 more seasons with S'ton.
Danny Wilson, the same. Can't see that guy beating Arsenal in the League Cup Final.
Beeney. Sell to a cash rich club, with the main part of the fee being a completely unobtainable reach x number of games, with Nigel Martyn No.1 ahead of him.

Lesson for the new Brighton. Don't be mugged again.

Barry Lloyd totally destroyed my interest in the club,could never follow the club while he was involved, cant believe he was allowed such a long tenure, can anyone please enlighten me about this matter ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So many over the years but recently....Warren Aspinall would be in my top/bottom 10...followed fairly closely by Wayne Henderson.

That should get Chez going...LOL..!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tiltman was very poor....BUT do you think his reputation suffered by being the man who played instead of/replaced Deano....no doubts he was shite, but surely no worse than Neale, Hilton, Graham Smith, Gav Geddes etc etc?

I remember Peter Smith running from one end of the pitch to the other with the ball at the Goldstone, ending up in the oppositions box with just the keeper to beat then missing by a mile. Can't remember who it was against but it was fthe North stand goal. Almost one of the best Albion goals by one of the worst players. I kind of liked him though! Can anyone remember the game?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
As mentioned - Ashley Neal, MIchael Mahony Johnson & Damien Hilton were easily the worst players I've seen wear an Albion shirt. Farrington did have one...yes, just one decent game for us against Burnley I think & did actually score a couple of goals during his time. More than the latter two did. For that, he only makes the subs bench of the worst ever team.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Darren Hughes. Rubbish fullback bought on the strength of a good performance against us for Shrewsbury, never played well for us, left for Port Vale. His first game for them was against us. I think (inevitably) he scored the winner.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Going back in the day, my earliest memory of a crap footballer (and I've seen a few at the Albion) was Les Berry. Poor guy learnt he got the sack at the Goldstone through the Argus. Then later on I'd say Ashley Neal, awful just awful. Then recently Doug Loft. When we got relegated from the championship last time I was at Q.P.R when he came on as sub, was a complete joke and scuffed an equaliser off his shin. We were so poor and so was the goal, my mates an I instead of celebrating were in fits of laughter.

The only Albion goal I couldn't bring myself to celebrate was by that total time-wasting tosser Micky Thomas, against Barnet in the FA Cup. He took our money, had no interest in playing for us, and kept buggering off back to north Wales because his girlfriend preferred to stay among the sheep and white bread rather than move to Brighton. Of course, in linking up with him in the first place she had already proved to be of unsound mind and judgement, so that should have been no surprise.

The only consolation was that the goal must have hurt, as it was a goal-line clearance that hit him full in the face and rebounded into the net. Hateful little man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here