Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want to be England manager?

Who do you want as the next England manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 119 34.2%
  • Lee Carsley

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 43 12.4%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • Jurgen Klopp

Votes: 87 25.0%
  • Frank Lampard

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Gary O'Neil

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Michael Carrick

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Pep Guardiola

Votes: 20 5.7%
  • Sean Dyche

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Emma Hayes

• Kieran McKenna

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Steve Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Wayne Rooney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting that Lee Carsely has only got 3.0% of the vote. Seems like a very likely outcome to me.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn’t he reject the USA job a few days ago? He wants a managerial break now

The England job is a lot more enticing than the US job. But if he said he wants a break, fair enough.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_2701.png
IMG_2700.png

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Check that out….World Cup winners and their manager‘s nationality.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The foreign managers we have had have all been under achieving duds
Whereas the English managers have all been... oh hang on.

I'm starting to think the nationality, or indeed the identity, of the manager isn't the main problem.

Maybe we should appoint one of those tribal fertility symbols like the one Father Ted gets given by that Cuban priest in one episode.

Like this thing.
8zogtobe2pj41.jpg

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Ok perhaps I've worded it wrong, what I meant was it took a long time for it to be successful consistently. You have to admit there were times when we had to be very patient with Potter as the style of football wasn't bringing results. You don't get that sort of patience with England and Chelsea
I get the point about patience, although with England it doesn't really matter until we get to a tournament. Most of our 'competitive games are qualifiers mainly against very poor opposition which we are always going to win and win comfortably. Yeah there is the 'nations league' which is basically friendly games rebranded as being competitive which doesn't carry much weight. Lets face it if GP gets the gig nearly all of his games will be very winnable and thus low pressure, the pressure only gets really ramped up once a tournament starts.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
PLEASE - Not Lampard or Gerrard.
Lampard is a strange one. He always comes across as very knowledgeable and articulate when talking football, but that certainly hasn't been reflected in his results, although tbf he could plead mitigating circumstances at Everton and his second spell at Chelsea. Maybe away from the day to day minutiae of managing a PL club he might thrive. I would imagine the FA might at least interview him as part of the 'process.'

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm now going with Lee Carsley with Southgate upstairs (after a nice long holiday). Nice and safe by the FA but with, you know, a bit of potential, actually. Certainly more so than Lampard and Gerrard. Can't see Howe leaving his first "big" club yet. Potter would be ok but a bigger risk, an unknown to most of the players. The FA won't go foreign imo.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Interesting that Lee Carsely has only got 3.0% of the vote. Seems like a very likely outcome to me.
Isn't "who do we think will get the job" a different question to this poll?

Seeing as he's generally accepted as one of, if not THE best manager in the world, I'm surprised at how few have voted for Pep (it won't happen of course)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whereas the English managers have all been... oh hang on.

I'm starting to think the nationality, or indeed the identity, of the manager isn't the main problem.

Maybe we should appoint one of those tribal fertility symbols like the one Father Ted gets given by that Cuban priest in one episode.

Like this thing.
8zogtobe2pj41.jpg
But that's . . . . rubbish :shrug:

1721249337221.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here