Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want to be England manager?

Who do you want as the next England manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 119 34.2%
  • Lee Carsley

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 43 12.4%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • Jurgen Klopp

Votes: 87 25.0%
  • Frank Lampard

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Gary O'Neil

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Michael Carrick

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Pep Guardiola

Votes: 20 5.7%
  • Sean Dyche

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Emma Hayes

• Kieran McKenna

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Steve Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Wayne Rooney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
How has Potter got more votes than Klopp??

Potter at Brighton, couldn't score goals
Potter at Chelsea, couldn't score goals

With England we're currently blessed with a plethora of attack minded talent, we need a manager who can embrace an attacking style of play. Potter's just a less shit version of Southgate, more sideways football and no hope of ever winning a trophy.
FFS - we spent the best part of three seasons seeing our forwards miss chances. Chelsea were equally profligate. Creating chances was never Potter’s problem. You’d hope Watkins, Toney, Bowen, Kane, Palmer, Bellingham & Foden might be less cow’s arse with a banjo.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lee Carsley looks most likely for men. Already an FA man, same pathway as GSouth.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Klopp would be great BUT surely the manager of a national team should be that nationality ? That's what I believe so voted Potter.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
FFS - we spent the best part of three seasons seeing our forwards miss chances. Chelsea were equally profligate. Creating chances was never Potter’s problem. You’d hope Watkins, Toney, Bowen, Kane, Palmer, Bellingham & Foden might be less cow’s arse with a banjo.
I would very much agree and didn't take them as being serious, but maybe they were!

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
How has Potter got more votes than Klopp??

Potter at Brighton, couldn't score goals
Potter at Chelsea, couldn't score goals

With England we're currently blessed with a plethora of attack minded talent, we need a manager who can embrace an attacking style of play. Potter's just a less shit version of Southgate, more sideways football and no hope of ever winning a trophy.
Graham Potter progressed Brighton with an entertaining, new style of football. That is partly why we sacked Chris Hughton who was too defensive and unexciting. Potter is significantly better than Southgate.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Graham Potter progressed Brighton with an entertaining, new style of football. That is partly why we sacked Chris Hughton who was too defensive and unexciting. Potter is significantly better than Southgate.
Wasting your time, the great divide on this will never close. GP is all about lovers and haters and nobody is changing their mind :shrug:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Please not a foreign manager it has to be an English manager and I hope it’s Potter. ( I am a palace fan )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But he says he's fine, so we can't assume he's not
Well.....if he says he's fine then one assumes he is. I hadn't realized he had. H has lost a lot of weight. Maybe he has something other than health to worry about.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Isn't she that lady that has a Potty mouth? I prefer Potter to potty thanks.
Have you listened to her punditry on the BBC , makes the likes of Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer,and Ian Wright sound like first year apprentices and on probably a fraction of the remuneration they receive from hard pressed license payers

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Have you listened to her punditry on the BBC , makes the likes of Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer,and Ian Wright sound like first year apprentices and on probably a fraction of the remuneration they receive from hard pressed license payers
I think I have been a silly old fool and mixed her up for Jill Scott, yes that young lady is pretty good, I think Wright is now an ITV man. But it's time the others retired I agree.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, compared to Hughton. compared to Southgate its very similar, more pace but still heavy on possession and aversion to risk. maybe more exciting but just as frustrating.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well.....if he says he's fine then one assumes he is. I hadn't realized he had.

Yes he did. Obviously he doesn't have to tell the truth, it's a private matter, but he did say he was fine, so I think we have to leave it there.

So, Klopp it is then.

Can't wait for the first match. Already not caring about Sunday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
yes, compared to Hughton. compared to Southgate its very similar, more pace but still heavy on possession and aversion to risk.

I think Potter is more technical than Southgate. But I appreciate the proof is in the pudding.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
De Zerbi: same players scored goals
Poch: same players scored goals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here