Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do YOU think are our biggest threat?

who's our biggest threat?

• Bournemouth

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Southampton

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Huddersfeild

Votes: 49 27.1%
  • Peterborough

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Charlton

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nobody to fear

Votes: 23 12.7%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd love to see Bournemouth and Orient go up, along with us.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Until tonight, I would have voted Southampton. Now i am 100% certain we will win this league. It's all about grinding out results on nights like these. We've got it totally in our hands and would have to blow it spectacularly for anyone to get near us.

In short, a complete tosser. Adkins that is!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Adkins is a mind games fanatic, he'll never admit they are beaten till it is impossible, he is a horrid person whe you see him interviewed, or read his waffle, but he achieves his aim, to wind up the people he wants to wind up, a lot. I guess it makes up for the inadequecies he has as a manager/coach, and the underachieving players he is lumbered with.
Hmm, I'm not convinced. Do you think his constant talking about Brighton has affected Gus, or the squad, in any way, positive or negative? I don't. Or his own squad? Doesn't seem to. All it does is give us (Brighton fans) a constant stream of David Brent style laughs.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
has to be southampton but dropped points tonight yessssssssssssssss and hope they keep doing so, hope they now flop the rest of the season

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can I change my vote? I put Southampton:jester:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Huddersfield - I thought I'd posted to that effect earlier, but can't find it! Bournmouth have stuck there so long they can't be disregarded either, but I think Huddersfield will overhaul them.
Was a bit concerned about Charlton too, but I think they've blown automatic promotion tonight.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I would love to see B/mouth beat S/ampton in the play off final!!!! that would make me smile and the beer taste very nice

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I put Southampton but in truth it's now hard to worry about any team. Saints and 'Udders would have been my choices but they are too inconsistant. I'd now have to say B'muff but if they can sustain it maybe Peterboro who are starting stop the goals as well as scoring them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
That would be very funny.

Apart from the saturation coverage we'd have to put up with on local news for at least the whole week before the game during which they will also conveniently forget another local team went up as Champions.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
If we finish above Huddersfield I'm sure we will be promoted. From 13 games they have to gain at least 7 points on us but we do have 6 pointers against SCC and Huddersfield to come.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We just need to quietly get on with our approach, averaging the Gus target of two points a game, and we will be fine. The others can scrap it out to see who gets second. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Huddersfield, but would like it to be Bournemouth who have done superbly, against the odds.

Tonight's results would back up the above: us winning without playing particularly well, Saints crashing against bottom of the table strugglers, Charlton's challenge getting another knockback, and Huddersfield grinding out a win at Hartlepool. Carry on! :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Charlton have lost four in a row. The new manager adrenalin rush has well and truely gone hasn't it.

No one from the pack really pressing the top five now. Looks like it's a scrap between Bmuff, Hudds, Peterborough and Southampton for the one remaining auto spot unless we really cock up now. Then perm one of lots of dross for the last play-off place.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Apart from the saturation coverage we'd have to put up with on local news for at least the whole week before the game during which they will also conveniently forget another local team went up as Champions.

"Firstly on South Today - Powerboat racing followed by Speedway from Poole, then an in depth look at Saints and The Cherries play off hopes and finally Brighton's open top bus Champions parade" - ffs !

Until tonight, I would have voted Southampton. Now i am 100% certain we will win this league. It's all about grinding out results on nights like these. We've got it totally in our hands and would have to blow it spectacularly for anyone to get near us.

Of course it's in our hands, but the hard work of this season is FAR from over.
Gus P probably instilled a hard work ethic into them this evening - but the players who keep that ethic will be the ones HE keeps.
This is the tough part, leveling heads to the reality that we could easily still blow it by lethargy and complacency. It ain't over, it's far from over.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Gus P probably instilled a hard work ethic into them this evening - but the players who keep that ethic will be the ones HE keeps.
This is the tough part, leveling heads to the reality that we could easily still blow it by lethargy and complacency. It ain't over, it's far from over.

It isnt over, but with the position we are in, it would be a massive decline for it to end in tears, 8 home games to come, all the top 5 to play each other, saints have charlton twice and have to go to B/mouth next week, peterborough have to go to Uddersfield and Wednesday have to play them all apart from Ballmouth.... and then we have Narvarro coming back and hopefully Lua Lua (what is happening there?) so i would still rather be where we are.....I reckon 7 wins from the last 15 would do it (and a couple of draws thrown in).........that means the others have to win 10 of 13 which is highly unlikey.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I keep looking at the table and I think it IS over. Somehow we're in a better position than we were before the MK game, and we looked almost untouchable then. We have a cushy fixture list so by the time we play those awkward "six pointers", it won't matter.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
AS others have said, the biggest threat to us is ourselves!

I also do not get this sudden love in for Bournemouth...They bloody hate us. Bournemouth have always disliked Southampton but for the last 20 years when they have always been at least 3 divisions apart from Saints the Cherries have often named us as their no.1 rival. So for all I care Bournemouth can join Southampton in staying down.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here