Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do YOU think are our biggest threat?

who's our biggest threat?

• Bournemouth

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Southampton

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Huddersfeild

Votes: 49 27.1%
  • Peterborough

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Charlton

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nobody to fear

Votes: 23 12.7%

• Total voters

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
This. Lets face it, theres not too much consistency below Brighton, us included. Mind you, you were 10 points ahead of us yesterday morning which could be 4 or 5 should you somehow fail to beat Yeovil on Tuesday. We looked a bit better yesterday with Lalanna properly back and could go on a run again. Brighton will finish in the top two though.

Or it could be back to 10 again

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think anyone in the top 4 can still be a threat to us. People need to take Bournemouth seriously because they're picking points up week in week out when everyone else isn't.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think anyone in the top 4 can still be a threat to us. People need to take Bournemouth seriously because they're picking points up week in week out when everyone else isn't.

They are doing exceptional well and I am sure everyone believed when Howe left they would collapse however they haven't at all and should be there or there abouts at the end.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia

If you have a look at the draw, Bournemouth's is definitely the easiest of the top 6. They have to be a big chance to go up.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Using the BBC predictor thingy, by the end of March i expect the top of the table to look something like this
Code:
Pos  Team           Pld  GD  Pts
1.    Brighton       38   47  77
2.    Huddersfield   39   25  68
--------------------------------
3.    Bournemouth    38   26  66
4.    Southampton    36   35  64
5.    Peterborough   38   17  64
6.    Charlton       38   10  62
--------------------------------
7.    Colchester     38   5   62
8.    Leyton O.      37   22  61
9.    MK Dons        39   -1  57
10.  Rochdale        37   8   55

All bollocks of course as my predictions will mostly be wrong :glare:, but what is interesting is that we will have played our games in hand apart from one on Huddersfield but Southampton will have two games in hand of us!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Is that table correct? I mean, we have currently played the same amount of games as Southampton but will end the month having played 2 more!!!

If the above is right then we will not only have to make sure we have a decent points haul to keep us at least 6 points ahead of Saints but it will also mean they have a bitch of an April to contend with.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why the stupidly big vote for Southampton? Don't you people know ANYTHING? ???

I see Saints as our biggest threat and I know you were wrong about Glenn Murray :lolol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Is that table correct? I mean, we have currently played the same amount of games as Southampton but will end the month having played 2 more!!!

Yes, sadly. Between 23 March/2 April Southampton don't play but we play two games in that time frame!

edit: Just checked Southamptons website, they are away at Plymouth on 26th March! BBC messing up!

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

If the above is right then we will not only have to make sure we have a decent points haul to keep us at least 6 points ahead of Saints but it will also mean they have a bitch of an April to contend with.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Games in March
Code:
Brighton                  Southampton
1st  A v Yeovil         A v Walsall
5th  H v Carlisle       A v Colchester
8th  A v Brentford      H v Yeovil
12th H v Tranmere       A v Bournemouth
19th A v Oldham         H v Sheff Wed
22nd H v Notts Co       A v Charlton
26th H v Swindon
29th A v Dag & Red

No idea Why Southampton havent got a game on the 26th as this is a Saturday, unless the BBC have missed it.

Yes they will have a bitch of a run in April, but they also have some tough games in March, which is all good for us, hopefully.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Just checked Southamptons website, they are away at Plymouth on 26th March 12:30 KO

Oh right BBC missed it then, still a tough game though with Argyle playing for their lives, and apparently they were much better on Saturday.
Hoping they will go on a good run now to save themselves, and maybe f*** up Southampton into the bargain :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Southampton | News | Latest News | Latest News | Gaffer -

Adkins said "When you speak to all the opposition managers or you read their reports after the game, you will find that it is the best their team has played all season when they play Southampton.

"Everybody, rightly, raises their level when they play against us and we have got to be consistent about ourselves as we have no divine right to win every game, you have to earn that right. We have to go out and across the course of the game work hard, the ability we have got in the side will shine through and we will score goals."

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I voted Southampton as I believe they are the most likely to build up a dangerous run of momentum. Bournemouth and Huddersfield have been on our heels pretty much all season - if they had what it takes to overtake us I believe they would've done it by now (but they are still in the running of course and consistency is always a threat in the league). Although the most accurate answer is that it is down to us not to throw this away.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The biggest threat is ourselves, we just have to keep focused as the onus is on everybody else to catch us. If I was to pick another team I would say Southampton because they have the best squad in the division other than ourselves.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Really do think we have only ourselves to beat.
Bournemouth to come second - their consistancy deserves it
SCC or Huddersfield to come up via the play-offs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here