Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do YOU think are our biggest threat?

who's our biggest threat?

• Bournemouth

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Southampton

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Huddersfeild

Votes: 49 27.1%
  • Peterborough

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Charlton

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nobody to fear

Votes: 23 12.7%

• Total voters

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No one worries me....except ourselves. As long as we keep going we won't be caught.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Southampton for me. I fancy them to be second once a few of the games in hand have passed. Bournemouth have done brilliantly, but it will be interesting to see where they are once everyone has played the same amount of games. Huddersfield are a threat for sure, but I don't think they are consistent enough to be title challengers. This all reminds me very much of the 2002 title race, with Southampton replacing Reading as the cocky 'bigger' club.

Of course the key variable in all of this is what we do. We must just keep doing what has kept us top for such a long time. In the past, we have reacted well to defeat and we have to do that again now. I am absolutely cacking myself about tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. I am absolutely cacking myself about tonight.

Me too, another defeat and Saints winning and we can be said to be wobbling :eek: We have been a bit dodgy away from home recently

10 points was a big gap, 4 is nothing

I don't fancy Bournemouth, I saw both games this year and although they took 4 points off us I wasn't impressed. But they seem to be winning and accumulating points but in my opinion they won't last.

That's the Championship for them, then.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Fans expectations (must win every game..etc)

If we have a couple of bad results i fear that some of our more vocal moaners could resurface and start to put extra pressure on our players which could nedatively affect their form.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This. Lets face it, theres not too much consistency below Brighton, us included. Mind you, you were 10 points ahead of us yesterday morning which could be 4 or 5 should you somehow fail to beat Yeovil on Tuesday. We looked a bit better yesterday with Lalanna properly back and could go on a run again. Brighton will finish in the top two though.

Or it could be back to 10 again
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
"You've got to believe that they're catchable," he said.

"Obviously ten points is a big gap and we've had a couple of opportunities to narrow that gap, but we give them a bit of credit because they've kept grinding out results. I know from my own experiences though that there is a still a long, long way to go. Brighton might think that they're so near yet so far, trust me.

"The challenge is there and we're keen to take it on. We've got a lot of games Saturday- Tuesday- Saturday.

"Out of the last ten games we've got 21 points which is more than 2 points a game, which is promotion form. In the last two games we've kept clean sheets so defensively we've been sound in that respect, but to win something it's not just about the eleven players, it's about a group of players that are all contributing.

"We've got a good spirit, the desire is strong, the team spirit is still strong and our destiny is in our own hands."

chucklemt3.gif

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Looking at the table tonight, it's not looking good for the SCC. What a shame. How I'd love to see them cock up in the play-offs, or better still miss out on them altogether.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Until tonight, I would have voted Southampton. Now i am 100% certain we will win this league. It's all about grinding out results on nights like these. We've got it totally in our hands and would have to blow it spectacularly for anyone to get near us.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Adkins is a mind games fanatic, he'll never admit they are beaten till it is impossible, he is a horrid person whe you see him interviewed, or read his waffle, but he achieves his aim, to wind up the people he wants to wind up, a lot. I guess it makes up for the inadequecies he has as a manager/coach, and the underachieving players he is lumbered with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here