Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which secondary/high school did you go to?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
. Cor. I remember most of them. Wasn't Jones the woodwork teacher prone to throwing hammers and chisels at those misbehaving, and didn't Edwards have a son there who ywa killed in an accident?
Dai (the hammer) Jones was one of the two Metalwork teachers when I was there (Mr Barnet was the other one), Jones used to throw hammers about.
And Edwards son was killed in an accident (not hammer related!)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Basher Bates was our PT/Sports Master and there was no egg chasing in my time. Loved the pic though. Reminds me of all the time we spent on the playing fields. Hated the PT in the gymn though.

I remember Bates..not as our pt master though...we had some scrawny lttle balding git with glasses whose name escapes now..but Bates was a scary looking fecker.

The 'walker' mentalist who strides around town..although, dont now if he still does, actually lost his mind in our class..after getting slapped by one of the class..think the slapper was Boxhall or something like that, red haired bloke....he moved to southampton i think.. but he slapped him, and headed off out the window never to be seen at school again.....later that day after being hustled out of the class as our teacher was crying, saw the ''walker'' sobbing outside the heads office...next time I saw him was in his 'walker' mode in Churchill sq..

Remember a Mr Chappel for science who dropped dead in the çlass and the deputy head was Mr Mutton who couldnt say anthing with the letter S in it without whistling ...

A great school...who could forget the rocket experiment :facepalm:

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think I remember when that was demolished, was it in that square between Eastern Road, Upper Rock Gardens and Hereford Street? (its a carpark and sheltered housing now). I went to Queens Park between 1977 and 1984, and used to live in Upper Rock Gardens.

Im not good at remembering street names... it was behind St Marys church which Im sure survived after the school.. definbately became a car pak because I parked there four years ago when on a day trip.

Didnt knwo Queens park kids were already in the buildding... thought we all moved over there en masse.

If yopu were there 77-84 do you remember Leyton Burbidge or Grant Holder or even Joann Hinds? I was only 11 but already had my eyes on her.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Newhaven Secondary Modern.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tideway 79-85, Lewes Tech for my As 85-87

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The London Oratory 78 - 83
I went to Mary Magdelens in Bexhill for a year in 74 or 75 ....I can't remember that far back any more.

OOH! There's posh. Init. :lolol:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Uckfield Community College 89 - 94

Coca-Cola Kid

Feb 9, 2010
Downlands 2004-2009 :clap2:

superb school! Mr Clarke - if carlsberg do headteachers they'd be him!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here