Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which secondary/high school did you go to?

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
LOLLERCOASTER

find it also hilarious the way any given shithole school is apparently sorted right out by being 'rebranded' an academy...

nice legacy tony blair you absolute COCKFARMER

It hasn't just been "Rebranded an Academy." We also have nice new Blazers. :laugh:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
View attachment 14651

Here is a photo for the Oldman. Taken by me at Hove County Grammar School probably about 1960/61. The Knoll Boys had just been given the chance to learn the gentleman's sport of Egg Chasing. I believe that the Gentleman in the tracksuit is the infamous Jack Liddell who will be familiar to Knoll and Grammar School boys.

Basher Bates was our PT/Sports Master and there was no egg chasing in my time. Loved the pic though. Reminds me of all the time we spent on the playing fields. Hated the PT in the gymn though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Egg chasing didn't last long at the Knoll, due to one boy rendered unconscious and another having to have one of his nuts removed. :lolol:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
. Same here, but 59-63. Not a bad dump, handy for fags in the bomb shelters. Remember Bill Bailey?
Think he'd left when I went, names I remember were,

Mr Childs (charlie)
Mr Edwards (beak)
Ray Little (spud)
Mr West (bender)
Mr Poland
Mr Smith (pin head) He was our next door neighbour!
Dai Jones (the hammer)
Mr Campbell
Mr Putnam
Mr Buckley (peg leg)

One of my older brothers may have been there when you were.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Think he'd left when I went, names I remember were, Mr Childs (charlie) Mr Edwards (beak) Ray Little (spud) Mr West (bender) Mr Poland Mr Smith (pin head) He was our next door neighbour! Dai Jones (the hammer) Mr Campbell Mr Putnam Mr Buckley (peg leg) One of my older brothers may have been there when you were.
. Cor. I remember most of them. Wasn't Jones the woodwork teacher prone to throwing hammers and chisels at those misbehaving, and didn't Edwards have a son there who ywa killed in an accident?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Boundstone, yeers of the best edukashun mony could by!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Hailsham School 80-87. Black Blazers, pretty cool looking black and silver ties and scared of no one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here