Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which performer would you have loved to have seen live, but didn't, and can't now?

Dandyman

In London village.
Danny Blanchflower.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Joy Division

Feeder's proper lineup

I've seen both "next best things", namely New Order, and Feeder sans-Jon, indeed I saw them both on the same day last year, as well as within a week of each other before... but not quite the same

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
In the summer of 1991 I was driving to the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium with some friends. Feeling a bit thirsty, we looked at the line-up and the first act on was some bunch of Americans none of us had ever heard of. We had a quick discussion, decided they were a bunch of no-hopers and certainly crap, and went for a pint before going in.

Three months later, this same bunch of no-hopers were on Top of the Pops playing Smells Like Teen Spirit, and their Nevermind album was about to go mental...

Oops. :dunce: How was I to know it would be Nirvana's one and only festival appearance in continental Europe?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
But he would have loved to have seen him live, but didn't, infers he was able to see him live in the first place !:lolol:

If we're going to allow Mozart then I'll take Beethoven !

Dandyman

In London village.
MYOB said:
Joy Division

Feeder's proper lineup

I've seen both "next best things", namely New Order, and Feeder sans-Jon, indeed I saw them both on the same day last year, as well as within a week of each other before... but not quite the same

Never saw Joy Division live, but I did see Warsaw bottled off stage while supporting the Buzzcocks at the Top Rank in 1978.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Johnny Cash
Elvis
Queen (With Freddie Mercury!!)
The Doors

What's depressing about this thread is the fact that I am so old that I have actually seen quite a lot of these performers live.

I preferred the Doors to Danny Blanchflower, though.

Dandyman

In London village.
Lord Bracknell said:
What's depressing about this thread is the fact that I am so old that I have actually seen quite a lot of these performers live.

I preferred the Doors to Danny Blanchflower, though.

Jim Morrison's ball control was appalling, Lord B !

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Freddy Mercury
Peter Ward
Kurt Cobain
Jimi Hendrix
Keith Moon
Jimmy Greaves
Led Zep

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Elvis Presley all the way. His 1970 Las Vegas show was amazing. Would have loved to see it in person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here