Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where would YOU consider the nicest place in the world to live?

Siena

image005.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I found Montreal to be RAMMED with tramps. Seriously, everywhere you looked there were loads of them, just being generally very grubby. I couldn't even tuck into a Michael Donalds without them swarming around me.

How could that possibly be a dream place to live?
It is certainly SCRUFFIER than most other Canadian cities, but it is also more liberal, lively, fairly cosmopolitan, inexpensive to live and home to the most successful ever North American sports franchise.

Sounds like you wouldn't like San Fran either, and that is another quality city.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Somewhere close. Somewhere near La Rochelle in France or Howth, Co Dublin. Easy to get home to UK.
States. Boston.
Far East. Chiang Mai or Phuket Thailand. Also liked Langkawi Island Maylasia but that may be too quiet.
Oz. Been to a fair few cities but Perth and Port Douglas stood out for me.

I would NOT want to move to Dubai.

Edit. Toronto seemed nice as well.
Been to most of that little lot and agree with everything except Port Douglas which I thought was a crappy dusty boring place where it was way too hot.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I would choose NYC. I have absolutely no appreciation of the countryside and would build all over it if I ever got into power, so a SPRAWLING city will always be my choice. Imagine waking up and looking at the skyline of Manhattan every morning. Imagine being governed by BARACK. Imagine the extraordinary portions of food. Imagine the sport and entertainment options. Imagine living the American dream. Imagine being able to sing the national anthem at ANY event you attend. I would absolutely love it.

I'd have to agree with you TCB. Boston would be second

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It's often compared to Brighton so I can see your reasoning. Maybe a little too hilly for me though

that is about the only thing it has in common with brighton apart from the gay population. otherwise its nothing like it. oh of course we have preston street which is our version of san frans chinatown.

the san francisco/brighton comparison is only one notch down deludedness-wise from the brighton/barcelona chestnut.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would LOVE to live in Argentina. Problem is the economony is a mess, and completely unstable, so I'd probably have to make all my money somewhere else first, and then move there and not work. That would be perfect.

The UK has its issues, but it's still probably in the top 10% of places to live in the world, all things considered.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Been to most of that little lot and agree with everything except Port Douglas which I thought was a crappy dusty boring place where it was way too hot.

My wife and I had some nice evenings out in Port Douglas and we enjoyed our day out on the Barrier Reef and a wildlife park. We preferred it to Cairns. The only place I wouldn't bother going back to in Oz(and I certainly wouldn't live there) was Ayers Rock (Uluru). It was nice to see the sun rise and see a completely different way of life but two nights was enough. It was a tick the box, done that, visit (Bit like going to Port Vale).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Been to most of that little lot and agree with everything except Australia which I thought was a crappy dusty boring place where it was way too hot.

Corrected for you.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If these other places are so great to live in, why if any other country in the World has a problem which includes a protest. Why outside their Embassies in London, do thousands of the natives of the affected countries appear, to protest about whatever is the current beef with their country of birth?
Why do these people live here, why not in the country they seem to care so much about?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Au bord de la mer on the French / Spanish border.

I have to be near the sea
Stunning shoreline
Stunning countryside nearby
Amazing local food and wine
Not far to Barcelona
Not far to the Pyrenees

Another good call. I have always preferred the part south and west of Montpellier to the Riviera

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here