Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were you when you heard the news?

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
NSC was down, bbc nothing, had the official site on nothing went for a shit and a shower :unclesam: Come back hit refresh.

Falmer Yes details to follow :clap2:
I just sat back and smiled and realised all the hard effort, falmer marches publicity stunts to get jp attention have all come good:)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My brother was on an early shift at the BBC. He texted me as i was cycling in the pissing rain. I started singing. I was elated. A tough morning at work has meant i haven't remained happy, but this evening will change all that.

Magic. MAGIC!

walking around my house, the other half came running up the stairs "have you heard the news"

Her happiness (for someone who hates football and me going to the Albion) was unbelievable. Cheers luv.

LC

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
In the kitchen having breakfast. Switched on the radio to hear the word 'Falmer' on Talksport before they went onto another story so quickly switched over to SCR to hear the report from the field in Falmer. :clap2:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
At home - got up and put the PC on at 7.15.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sitting at my desk at work, looking at NSP. Joyous.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Oops my original post seems to have gone missing!!!

What I said was that I was on the A27 Westbound, just coming in to a little known place called FALMER!!!!!!

got some strange looks as I screamed, and thumped the steering wheel and nearly crashed the car.

BTW who was the hero beeping his car horn as SCR broke the news?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Marshy said:
Driving into work in my car. nearly swurved of the road with excitement.
:lolol: :clap:

Same here. Caught the news on Talksport, I excitedly switched to SCR who hadn't quite announced it yet, but within a minute they did, and then promptly turned their attentions back to Chinese food!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I got woken up by a text message from Pete (ta) this morning breaking the news to me

I didnt stay in bed for much longer!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
office in Tetbury, Gloucs. Couldn't get on NSC so assumed something was up, went to offy site with the Stadium Yes post. Immediately sent a picture of the Falmer Stadium to the Swindon fan opposite, suggesting one day they may be good enough to come and play there.

O Happy day!:clap2:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Logging on to NSP at my desk this morning.

:clap: for NSP

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I was asleep I got woken up by a text from my other half at 0830. I soon got up went online put on the radio and Sky sports news was in such a daze has taken to now let it sink in.

Jul 20, 2003
first story on R5 when I turned my radio on

first voice I heard was McGhee saying the word "GREAT"

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
By text as I was in Budapest this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here