Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where was he today??

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
that was not my point. also, do you not think he has saved up enough money from TEN years at valencia to last him the rest of his life?

Well then it shouldn't pain him to tear up his contract then, if he can't or doesn't want to pay for us. His wages could probably pay for a decent proved Championship player except where chucking them away on a player who doesn't want to play, or can't play.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I think ya missing the point his constantly injured earning 20k a week when we could be spending that on a couple of decent players and not on one believed to be super signing that hardly plays. Tbh i want him gone

I think YOU'RE missing the point. My point was that he could have been earning in excess of 20k a week for another team than with us (if that even is what he is earning) and that if he was solely in it for the money, as others are suggesting, why did he not sign for them?

I DO NOT want him gone. He is fit, as far as I am aware, and I will enjoy seeing many on here eating humble pie when he tears oppositions apart. If you saw what he was capable at at Ipswich he is in a different league

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I think ya missing the point his constantly injured earning 20k a week when we could be spending that on a couple of decent players and not on one believed to be super signing that hardly plays. Tbh i want him gone

How do you know he is on 20k a week, oh that's right - YOU DON'T! Everyone who keeps banging on about Vicente being here for the money is absolutely deluded, if he wanted money, or an easy ride then he wouldnt have travelled to bloody cold/rainy England to sit at the Amex every other week and watch his team play.

He has not been 100% fit, he is now coming back to fitness, and putting him in against a Conference outfit really wouldnt have been a very clever move - he'll be on the bench against Bristol City I reckon.

I think YOU'RE missing the point. My point was that he could have been earning in excess of 20k a week for another team than with us (if that even is what he is earning) and that if he was solely in it for the money, as others are suggesting, why did he not sign for them?

I DO NOT want him gone. He is fit, as far as I am aware, and I will enjoy seeing many on here eating humble pie when he tears oppositions apart. If you saw what he was capable at at Ipswich he is in a different league

Genuine question,who did we fight off for his signature?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
More to the point, where was bomber and Harley? A really odd bench. Bergkamp, cms and adgestein?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

His fit what for another game then out for another 6, his been injury prone for a while now, his a good player but his injured an awful lot, and i feel spending 20k a week is alot of money when we could be investing that in a couple of players.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If he plays on Saturday, then it's fine.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well then it shouldn't pain him to tear up his contract then, if he can't or doesn't want to pay for us. His wages could probably pay for a decent proved Championship player except where chucking them away on a player who doesn't want to play, or can't play.

Its obvious that you dislike him granted but your viewpoints on vicente are ridiculous. He was injured, get over it. Your like a baby who can't have some sweets. He was coming on last saturday until greer got sent. Perhaps you would have still slated him even then for perhaps not having his socks pulled up high enough or not wearing your favourite coloured boots. f***ing pathetic!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Its obvious that you dislike him granted but your viewpoints on vicente are ridiculous. He was injured, get over it. Your like a baby who can't have some sweets. He was coming on last saturday until greer got sent. Perhaps you would have still slated him even then for perhaps not having his socks pulled up high enough or not wearing your favourite coloured boots. f***ing pathetic!

im sure i read on here he pulled up in the warm up last week could be wrong thought thats what i read

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Sense at last!!!

You'll never get the Vicente haters to eat humble pie! Aparently they dont sell that flavour at the refreshment counter. Thicko's!!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
His fit what for another game then out for another 6, his been injury prone for a while now, his a good player but his injured an awful lot, and i feel spending 20k a week is alot of money when we could be investing that in a couple of players.

He is not on 20k a week, nowhere near that. He's not even our highest paid player.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
im sure i read on here he pulled up in the warm up last week could be wrong thought thats what i read

I read on here that we were signing Michael Owen, Bobby Zamora and Alan Smith... so believing everything i read on NSC, yes Vicente must have pulled up in the warm up last week (but still Gus was about to send him on in the 89th minute)

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
He is not on 20k a week, nowhere near that. He's not even our highest paid player.

I was wondering where that figure came from, I can't imagine they are silly enough to pay someone with his injury record an amount like that. I remember him and the club saying when he joined it was because he wanted to play football and not about money.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have no hate for him either way I just think it's rediculous we are paying his wages, when is the last time he played games with any regularity? His problems seem to be mental, and obviously the excitement of playing Championship football isn't doing it for him!

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Albion Seal Vicente Deal

"The 30-year-old left Valencia in the summer and attracted interest from a number of top European and English clubs."

I remember from the time, Blackburn, Everton, Leicester and others were all interested. And being a legend in Spain I am sure he could be earning far more over there by being a cult figure.

Thanks, I don`t doubt for one minute the sheer class of the man,that`s what makes it so frustrating.I will be over the moon if he starts playing regularly but sometimes it does feel that it`s never going to happen.We live in hope.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I have no hate for him either way I just think it's rediculous we are paying his wages, when is the last time he played games with any regularity? His problems seem to be mental, and obviously the excitement of playing Championship football isn't doing it for him!

How did you work that out?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Sense at last!!!

You'll never get the Vicente haters to eat humble pie! Aparently they dont sell that flavour at the refreshment counter. Thicko's!!!

Thicko's im sorry they guys been here since September earning 20k a week and played 4games that works out at 90k a game, i am sorry but his cost us 360k a week in wages already and tbh his not done a great deal to win me over, i was excited when he signed now im just thinking wow what a waste of money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here