Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where should DW strength in time for next season

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The best midfielder I've seen down here this year and imho, the best midfielder in this league is Sean Thornton at Orient who used to play for Donny.

If I were looking to buy a good MF, then he would be my first choice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hasnt Sean Thornton allegedly got a history of 'coke'

The best I have seen this season here is either Eugene Bopp of Crewe or the one last week of Port Vale Whittaker.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
On the phone-in last night, there were several mentions of comments that Barry Lloyd had made, which indicated that there was going to be a big turnover of players in the summer. Does anyone know where this came from & what was said?
It was an interview on the Argus website. You can still hear it here: The Argus Sport Brighton Hove & Sussex sport and local sport

It's a pretty interesting listen but I don't recall any big hints about a clear out, maybe my memory is failing me.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
if we could get Gillespie from chelts that would be a top signing!!

Id love to sign Racon but Charlton have him on a 4 year contract which means we dont have much hope im afraid

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
We need a keeper and a LW. We also need a LB on loan for the season and a striker for back up.

Positions for next year

Keeper, Kuipers, Sullivan

Whing, El-Abd, Fogden

Elphick, El-Abd, Hinsh (hopefully)

Lynch, Butters

LB, Cobbs, Rents

Cox, Reid, Robinson

Fraser, El-Abd, Fogden, Hinsh

Thompson, Reid, Chamberlain, McFaul(?)

LW, Rents, Cox

Forster, Dixon, Robinson

Murray, Striker

RETAIN
NewKeeper, Kuipers, Sullivan, Whing, El-Abd, Fogden, Elphick, Hinsh, Lynch, Butters, Loan LB, Cobbs, Rents, Cox, Reid, Robinson, Fraser, Thompson, Chamberlain, New LW, Forster, Dixon, Murray, New Striker and potentially McFaul

That's a squad of 25 with hopefully a couple of youngsters coming through, although there are question marks over Hinsh.

OUT
Hart, Mayo, Loft, Gatting

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Listened to the Barry Lloyd interview. He clearly says it will be a busy summer. He's looking at players all over including places like Scandinavia. They missed out on two wide players in January. The overall impression I got was that at last the club's scouting network is on a professional footing and that they're doing everything they can to improve the squad so we can have a real crack next year. " We're building up the squad for next season." Finger's x'd

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
2 new keepers ( kuipers has had his day & sullivan would benefit from a move )
Left back
Cental defender ( to put pressure on lynch & elphick )
Left midfielder
A central midfielder ( who can boss a game )
Striker

It would be usefull if at least one of the new signings can take a corner as well.

twicer

Apr 13, 2007
next season if we are to have any hope of a succesfull season we need:
left back
right back
centre half
two centre midfielders
one striker

out
gatting ,loft,hart,mayo,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were able to get a fee for those two. The chances are with Gatting we would have to pay him up and I cannot see that happening, so except that he will be here next season.

I have no problem with that provided we have a better striker to put on the bench or he improves 200%, if not send him out ona 3 month loan to a conference side.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Of course they told me. I just cannot see us paying up a contract that is not likely to be that expensive for a player who still has time on his side.

Regarding Rents, just think you are wrong.

The reason I can see us paying it up is because it won't be that expensive.

And with regard to Rents, OK :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here