Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where should DW strength in time for next season

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I would keep only Kuipers and Forster,Racon of course is only on loan and we could not afford him.The problem is of course our Skint board do not have the finances to obtain better players so its another depressing season to NOT look forward to

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gradel is on loan from Leicester. But Bournemouth do have 17 players out of contract at the end of the season so may be worth having a look at some of their players. Their left back Warren cummings is decent and Danny Hollands is decent in the center of midfield.

Both Cummings and Hollands are ex Chelsea.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I would keep only Kuipers and Forster,Racon of course is only on loan and we could not afford him.The problem is of course our Skint board do not have the finances to obtain better players so its another depressing season to NOT look forward to

the skint board that spent £500k in the last transfer window?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
looking at duff goal diff, defenders seem to be priority..?

or is it more to do with the fact that we arent scoring enough - 5 goals in the last 10 away games is a pretty poor return

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Listened to the Barry Lloyd interview. He clearly says it will be a busy summer. He's looking at players all over including places like Scandinavia. They missed out on two wide players in January. The overall impression I got was that at last the club's scouting network is on a professional footing and that they're doing everything they can to improve the squad so we can have a real crack next year. " We're building up the squad for next season." Finger's x'd

If the players are as shit as most of the ones he's recommended so far, I wouldn't get too excited...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
[Kuipers]
[goalkeeper]
[goalkeeper]

According to Insider Kuipers isn't out of contract. :shrug: I think it's safe to say he'll be staying anyway, the question is whether we will bring in a serious competitor for the number one spot or rely on youth (or no one) again. I still wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Bull from Aldershot...

[Whing]
[defender]
[Elphick]
[Lynch]
[defender]
[defender]
[defender]
[leftback]

It's all pretty up in the air at the back, especially if El-Abd doesn't sign. A leftback is number one priority but most positions need if not strengthening then at last back up. I think Butters would be ok for backup for another year in this league and I also think Rents has something to offer, but it seems like they might ago, along with Mayo. Hinshelwood may be given something but can't really be relied upon to be fit and available.

[Cox]
[Robinson]
[Fraser]
[Thompson]
[midfielder]
[midfielder]
[midfielder]
[winger]

A first choice central midfielder is needed along with at least one winger. Backup could be provided by Reid, Loft, or McFaul but time looks to be running short for them to prove they are worth it. Martot may be more likely...

[Forster]
[Murray]
[Dixon]
[Gatting]

We've got an undoubted first choice pairing in Forster and Murray so it will be hard for anyone who comes in (see Dixon), but with him, Gatting, and Robinson providing backup (possibly along with Gargan) it looks like we could use an extra striker. Someone in the Bas Savage mould, a free transfer, someone who is a bit different, and maybe wouldn't expect to start every week, such as, erm..... Savage? :dunce:

So based on an ideal squad size of 23/24 I make that anywhere between three and twelve players depending on contract renewals. Either way it will be a busy summer but assuming most of them go that is a lot of signings to be made, I can't remember so many in one summer since Micky Adams?

(yes I am bored)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be fair UB Palace have always had a pretty good youth set up

Indeed, they were once of course called the team of the 80's, and I remember the Albion playing at Selhurst in 1981 and the match being a three goal thriller.

As for Kennedy, I would love to see him out wide putting in crosses for Forster and Murray, but can he be arsed, or is he still too fond of the horses these days?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Think he was being ironic BG

Personally I would like to see at a MINIMUM:

Attacking midfielder
Left Back (if Richards does not sign)
Goalkeeper

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Obviously would like

Racon
Westlake
Richards

Plus

a goalkeeper
central defender
super quick winger
and another quality striker for cover

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Anybody know whether Hinsh is in danger of returning to match fitness sometime soon? I fear that with his history of injuries the fat lady might be clearing her throat, would be very sad if he had to pack it in because I think he would have been comfortable playing in the Championship.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

**** off then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here