Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Babe, I love you so
I want you to know
That I'm gonna miss your love
The minute you walk out that door
So please don't go
Don't go
Don't go away
Please don't go
Don't go
I'm begging you to stay
If you leave, at least in my lifetime
I've had one dream come true
I was blessed to be loved
By someone as wonderful as you
So please don't go

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Liverpool's owners won't pay 100m.
I don't think anyone will, and I don't think we think anyone will.

The sweet spot has to be c£85m with a load of (realistic) performance-related add-ons that could take the total deal value to around that in time.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I don't think anyone will, and I don't think we think anyone will.

The sweet spot has to be c£85m with a load of (realistic) performance-related add-ons that could take the total deal value to around that in time.
Really? The absolutely massive issue for Chelsea is that they spunked £107m on another midfielder 6 months ago. A fella who had no PL experience and was more expensive than (British-tax-home-grown) Declan Rice. They also spunked £55m on Marc Cucurella. And gave Brighton £22m in compensation (a world-record?) for our coach. They've thrown hundreds of millions at their squad. Why would Brighton now say - ah, f*** it, you can have him for £85m when we turned down £70m from Arsenal before he extended his contract? AND we are in Europe and Chelsea are not.

It's an obscene amount of money - but these wankers in South London set this mad-inflationary ball rolling with Abramovich 20 years ago and blew it wide open again when Boehly and Clearlake rolled into town.

It is also a SHIT footballing move to consider joining Chelsea now - and he should be advised as such.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Really? The absolutely massive issue for Chelsea is that they spunked £107m on another midfielder 6 months ago. A fella who had no PL experience and was more expensive than (British-tax-home-grown) Declan Rice. They also spunked £55m on Marc Cucurella. And gave Brighton £22m in compensation (a world-record?) for our coach. They've thrown hundreds of millions at their squad. Why would Brighton now say - ah, f*** it, you can have him for £85m when we turned down £70m from Arsenal before he extended his contract? AND we are in Europe and Chelsea are not.

It's an obscene amount of money - but these wankers in South London set this mad-inflationary ball rolling with Abramovich 20 years ago and blew it wide open again when Boehly and Clearlake rolled into town.

It is also a SHIT footballing move to consider joining Chelsea now - and he should be advised as such.
All of this

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Romano and Jacobs are hilarious.

They behave like they have some sort of insider knowledge, and people fall for it all the time.

I'm also amused by all these reports that state that Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Caicedo. As I understand it, it's illegal to approach a player that is under contract to another club unless they are in the last few months of their contract, so I assume that's all made up as well.

I'm sure Tony would welcome the cash, but it's clear that we don't need the cash and if Moises is happy to stay or go, then really, unless Chelsea pay what TB wants, then this is all ridiculous.

It may be that a fee has already been agreed and the deal will be done in the USA with the player unveiled there. I could see the marketing advantages of that happening there and with Colwill being unveiled as an Albion player. Of course this is all in my imagination, which is much the same as Romano and Jacobs.
You just have to write 'understand' in front pf everything.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Romano and Jacobs are hilarious.

They behave like they have some sort of insider knowledge, and people fall for it all the time.

I'm also amused by all these reports that state that Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Caicedo. As I understand it, it's illegal to approach a player that is under contract to another club unless they are in the last few months of their contract, so I assume that's all made up as well.

I'm sure Tony would welcome the cash, but it's clear that we don't need the cash and if Moises is happy to stay or go, then really, unless Chelsea pay what TB wants, then this is all ridiculous.

It may be that a fee has already been agreed and the deal will be done in the USA with the player unveiled there. I could see the marketing advantages of that happening there and with Colwill being unveiled as an Albion player. Of course this is all in my imagination, which is much the same as Romano and Jacobs.

Technically illegal but it happens all the time.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Agreed, kinda.

He won't be desperately unhappy being at Brighton today because he believes his exit tunnel is nearing completion. I think he will be unhappy if that remains the case on the 2nd September.
What? With Brighton top of the league and sexy Europa fixtures in the diary too? ???

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I'm absolutely certain that every single squad member over a certain age, the entire backroom staff, and even Mac will have said 'this really isn't the dream move, kiddo'. Certainly if the Manchester teams, Liverpool and Arsenal were interested nobody would be thinking he'd be going to Chelsea. Easy over the summer to forget the last year, but they're a total basket case, players like Mount and seemingly Colwill desperate to get out and they're not even in Europe.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm absolutely certain that every single squad member over a certain age, the entire backroom staff, and even Mac will have said 'this really isn't the dream move, kiddo'. Certainly if the Manchester teams, Liverpool and Arsenal were interested nobody would be thinking he'd be going to Chelsea. Easy over the summer to forget the last year, but they're a total basket case, players like Mount and seemingly Colwill desperate to get out and they're not even in Europe.
This. I totally get they're a step up in status etc, but they're a WOEFULLY run football club. There is a very high chance that a move to Chelsea hinders his career rather than aiding it.

Surely he's got people making him aware of this?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This. I totally get they're a step up in status etc, but they're a WOEFULLY run football club. There is a very high chance that a move to Chelsea hinders his career rather than aiding it.

Surely he's got people making him aware of this?
For me it shows he is entirely motivated by money. Which is fine. But he is what? 21/22? He will make the money.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For me it shows he is entirely motivated by money. Which is fine. But he is what? 21/22? He will make the money.
But again, is it definitely the best move money wise? Another year with us, another European finish and then some properly big sides come calling, ones who will pay more than Chelsea and give a much higher chance of silverware.

Back yourself, Moises. You don't have to run to the first big club that come sniffing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I fully expect him to be currently slightly unsettled, rising to super unsettled the longer it goes on. I imagine he's put in a bumper order to Amazon for an array of toys that can be projected from his pram should the need arise.

He doesn't want to be here. He does want to be at Chelsea. And he'll want it to be sorted out ASAP.
Isn't it more the case that he wants the Chelsea money, as opposed to actually wanting to BE at Chelsea?

If he really DOES want to be at Chelsea, maybe he should get his agents to have a word with whoever from that club is negotiating with his current club, to let them know they need to up their offer if they want to get any traction on the deal...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
But again, is it definitely the best move money wise? Another year with us, another European finish and then some properly big sides come calling, ones who will pay more than Chelsea and give a much higher chance of silverware.

Back yourself, Moises. You don't have to run to the first big club that come sniffing.
Well that's the other thing. Murdyk is on 98k but it's over 8 years. He's not guaranteed to be given huge (if you know what I mean) amounts at Chelsea. They will want to spread such a huge payment over a long contract, so they'd really be putting themselve at risk if they were paying him 250k a week. If he joins an elite at club at say 24 he could name his price wage wise if he progresses as he is likely too. He's just been very badly advised and blinded by Chelsea's recent success. I'm amazed playing with Colwill for a season hasn't put him right off as it is.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The signings Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle have made, the progress of us and Villa, the likely continued improvement of Man U- does anyone actually think Chelsea will win anything of note over the next few years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here