Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think there is more chance that he will stay for another season than many on here are thinking. Reckon slightly more chance he will go (55%) but not certain. Chelsea won't pay what or how TB wants and Liverpool can't pay it. Looking at Chelsea's squad, it's imbalanced to put it nicely. It'll improve his bank balance but Moises could do so much better than that shower. In TB we trust.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Whether or not he’ll go next month or in January, we don’t know. £100m does seem high. Given what he cost I think we should and would accept 90m. Of course I don’t want to lose him but these things can become a distraction, and we have to think what could be done with £90m. Quite a lot.

I wonder how many senior Brighton and Chelsea management will be in the US this week. Could be an ideal opportunity to get together away from most of the tabloid bubble.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Whether or not he’ll go next month or in January, we don’t know. £100m does seem high. Given what he cost I think we should and would accept 90m. Of course I don’t want to lose him but these things can become a distraction, and we have to think what could be done with £90m. Quite a lot.

I wonder how many senior Brighton and Chelsea management will be in the US this week. Could be an ideal opportunity to get together away from most of the tabloid bubble.
No no no. He’s better than (unproven) PL Enzo who cost those idiots £107m.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It may only be me but, great prospect that he is (maybe one of THE best) he always seems a little immature when I see him interviewed, and it's not a major criticism FFS, he's 21 !

When surrounded by Alimac (one of the most mature 24 year olds I have ever seen), Dunk, Veltman, Gross, Lallana, Welbeck etc he is frighteningly good, maybe world class. But is he the midfielder that rest of the squad is looking to in a tough situation where things aren't going your way and you need serious digging out. I'm not convinced at the moment:shrug:

At least, not for a year or two :wink:

Last edited:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I saw a headline yesterday about Fulham bidding for Callum Hudson-Odoi, and remembered how keen Bayern were to buy him a few years ago. No disrespect to Fulham, but going from a Bayern prospect to a Fulham one in such a short time shows that the club is a career graveyard for promising young players. It'd make me really sad to see them do to Caicedo and/or Colwill what they did to CHO.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

Why do people constantly refer to what he cost us in the first place in relation to what we should sell for? It makes no sense to me at all.

We brought him for 3 million as an unknown that’s what he was worth in the market then.

What he’s worth in the market now is a totally separate entity surely? Otherwise we may aswell just sell off all of our players for cut prices just because we brought them cheap and developed them.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Latest Chelsea drama, is that Tard is a huge fan of Neymar and would love to bring him to Chelsea. I know, most of this stuff is just made up, but I would absolutely love this.

Imagine if after a summer of careful pruning and reshaping of their squad, they blow the rest of their budget on Neymar! The one player guaranteed to be universally unpopular with opposition fans, someone who would provide so much pleasure for many if he failed and one I suspect who would not disappoint on this front.

Go Tard!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
For me bloated Chelsea and their historically dodgy funding is synonymous with the way 'business' has attempted to eclipse competition in the Premier League. Of course there are several other culprits but that club is uber toxic......

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I look at all the pointless speculation and wonder what pleasures the speculators actually derive from it.

We have a great manager NOW
We have arguably the best chairman in the Premier League NOW
We have some excellent players and some fine prospects NOW
We are enjoying the best football with greatest level of success the club has ever had NOW

We are not privy to the actual negotiations and judging by their totally inaccurate comments over the past weeks, nor are many if any of the pundits; so unless you actually enjoy pontificating about what may or may not happen in the future, it is a complete waste of time.

Why not live in the NOW?

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why do people constantly refer to what he cost us in the first place in relation to what we should sell for? It makes no sense to me at all.

We brought him for 3 million as an unknown that’s what he was worth in the market then.

What he’s worth in the market now is a totally separate entity surely? Otherwise we may aswell just sell off all of our players for cut prices just because we brought them cheap and developed them.
Agree that what he cost us is completely and utterly irrelevant. I do think however, that although TB mght like to get £100M, realistically probably £85-£90M would get the deal over the line (would prefer Colwill plus £40M myself, but..........). Similarly, the price Chelsea paid for Enzo is completely irrelevant too - they were silly enough to pay over the odds and duly got fleeced; that doesn't mean that will always happen.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Agree that what he cost us is completely and utterly irrelevant. I do think however, that although TB mght like to get £100M, realistically probably £85-£90M would get the deal over the line (would prefer Colwill plus £40M myself, but..........). Similarly, the price Chelsea paid for Enzo is completely irrelevant too - they were silly enough to pay over the odds and duly got fleeced; that doesn't mean that will always happen.
Anyone got any evidence that we have set a price? Maybe we reckon even £100m isn't enough to justify losing him?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That seems like an odd way of us going about it unless we're trying to offload (which obviously we're not). I'm sure several other clubs would like him, and could offer him enough wages, so then he gets his hopes up, and we find the club aren't willing to meet our price. Number of clubs he'd be happy to join > number of clubs that will meet our price.
"unless we're trying to offload (which obviously we're not)" - in reality I think we are (trying to offload). Sure we'd like a player of his quality to stick around for as long as possible, but I think there's acceptance - which started with RDZ saying he deserved to play at a higher level - that he's going to go this summer, so we want that to happen as smoothly as possible.

"I'm sure several other clubs would like him" - are there any? There's seemingly no-one trying to get him beyond Chelsea right now. Lots of clubs would like a Moises Caicedo, of course, but it seems there currently aren't any who are willing to engage at his selling price. They either already have what they need in that position, have other transfer priorities or just don't have that kind of cash.

But, going back to my point, it seems highly likely for there to have been contact and discussions between Caicedo's representatives and Chelsea already, and I'm sure that has the Albion's blessing or approval to some degree. We know Barber and Bloom always seek to do things in the right way, and I can't see them pursuing Chelsea for tapping up one of our players "illegally".

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone got any evidence that we have set a price? Maybe we reckon even £100m isn't enough to justify losing him?
Have I said anything about setting a price? There is enough noise around (all supposition, obviously) that we would like £100M+ - and some 'journalists' on Twitter (and more than a few fans) have jumped to a conclusion that that is our asking price.
I agree £100M would be nice, but as I expressed in my post, I think (my guess if you like) is that £85-£90M would probably swing it.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Wasn’t his dream move Man Utd?

Stick with us for one more season and they might be in a lot stronger position to join the race for his signature!

As much as I would love him to stay, he doesn’t want to be here and no one player is bigger than the club, many have come and gone previously and we’ve always somehow managed to keep improving. I really hope we can somehow link Colwill into this deal, even if that’s having him back for another year on loan (and closer to his contract expiring!!)

Let’s just hope the club have a deadline in place for this transfer to allow us enough time to recruit suitable replacements if we do lose him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
makes a massive difference for FFP, and then the profit we would have to reinvest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here