Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
I watched the interview he had with Ecuadorian TV - the one they all keep dredging up. He basically swerved the question with a "what will be, will be" answer. We can't really attribute him "pushing" for a move using that as our source. What was he supposed to do - not answer the question?
As for Chelsea - every day there's either someone in or out - including Poch who, let's remember, is not exactly Guardiola, or even RDZ level.
So, a completely shat-together team of mercenaries, with no/few local leaders, everyone's in it for the jolly. Bottom 3 after 10 games?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm absolutely not saying I believe him to be desperately unhappy.

I believe he wants to be at (what he sees to be) a big club, and he wants that move this summer. As last season worked towards a conclusion, he had De Zerbi telling all and sundry that both he and Mac Allister deserved to be playing at a higher level (I can't recall the specific words were and I can't be arsed to look them up now).

Regardless of what Albion fans think about Chelsea, where they finished last season and their lack of European football this season, Moises Caicedo will view a move to Chelsea as making that step up to a higher level.

The way the transfer market seems to be moving this summer, there's not a wide range of suitors available to him at the price the Albion, quite rightfully, are prepared to strike a deal at, so I think he'll be getting increasingly keen to get the Chelsea deal thrashed out.
I didn't think you were believing that either.

I also agree re Chelsea's perceived status.

Based on the full interview that he gave in Ecuador I just think Moises would be happy with either outcome. I think he'd be happy to go to Chelsea but if the deal fell through I think he'd be fine staying here for one more season and would enjoy the European competition. There is no way he stays for more than one more season though.

I still think 5% he stays 95% he is off.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
One more impactful season...then move to Real Madrid would be ideal...as wouldn't have to play against him...

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
But again, is it definitely the best move money wise? Another year with us, another European finish and then some properly big sides come calling, ones who will pay more than Chelsea and give a much higher chance of silverware.

Back yourself, Moises. You don't have to run to the first big club that come sniffing.
No one is flinging more bunce around than Chelsea at the moment. They're a perfect place to go if you're money motivated. 3 years there getting.shouted out by clueless football tourists and Reebok classic wearing racist taxi drivers and then off to Saudi.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
He won’t be here come September. After the Jan fiasco it was pretty much set out that could go. The contract signing is a red herring and a bit of a sweetener/securing our asset.

I feel we are looking to sell for the right price. If that price isn’t met it doesn’t mean he stays. What we are doing is ensuring we get a figure as close to our valuation as possible and not holding out for that figure itself. To do that, takes time which is unfortunate as it gives some on here false hope and also the club less time to recruit.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He won’t be here come September. After the Jan fiasco it was pretty much set out that could go. The contract signing is a red herring and a bit of a sweetener/securing our asset.

I feel we are looking to sell for the right price. If that price isn’t met it doesn’t mean he stays. What we are doing is ensuring we get a figure as close to our valuation as possible and not holding out for that figure itself. To do that, takes time which is unfortunate as it gives some on here false hope and also the club less time to recruit.
We've already recruited Dahoud.

And I disagree. If our valuation isn't met, what possible motivation do we have to sell him?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

If we're looking to sell for the right price, we (as in Brighton) know what that price is, and that price isn't met then I think he does stay. Although I do think the £100m is a bit of a red herring as I suspect the "right price" is somewhere between £85m and £95m with the vast majority up front. If add-ons take it past £100m, happy days.

However, I do agree. I think he'll be gone come the close of the transfer window. What's annoying me at the moment is that if Chelsea want him this badly, make a bid. Stop piddling about leaking information to mates in the media and get on with it. One thing is for sure, he's hires complete amateurs for agents.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

If we sell him it's because Chelsea have met our valuation. However much that valuation is.

One more impactful season...then move to Real Madrid would be ideal...as wouldn't have to play against him...
Negative thinking. Champions league 24/25...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Agree. Whether Chelsea are in Europe or not is irrelevant as he will be signing for a much bigger salary than he's on with us or could earn with us. There will be those that will moan that he is just doing it for the money but I guess none of them were raised in Ecuador

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
If we sell him it's because Chelsea have met our valuation. However much that valuation is.

Negative thinking. Champions league 24/25...
Drawn apart they lose in the other semi...positive enough?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We've already recruited Dahoud.

And I disagree. If our valuation isn't met, what possible motivation do we have to sell him?
Absolutely none. We can keep him and sell him next year with little reduction in value. Unless he goes on strike and ruins his career as a result.

Ca t see any outcome beyond Chelsea sucking it up and paying what we want.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's also not inconceivable that we've told him to go and find a club that want him, make sure he can agree personal terms and, when that's done, we'll then work on sorting out a deal with that club.
That seems like an odd way of us going about it unless we're trying to offload (which obviously we're not). I'm sure several other clubs would like him, and could offer him enough wages, so then he gets his hopes up, and we find the club aren't willing to meet our price. Number of clubs he'd be happy to join > number of clubs that will meet our price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here