Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I fully expect him to be currently slightly unsettled, rising to super unsettled the longer it goes on. I imagine he's put in a bumper order to Amazon for an array of toys that can be projected from his pram should the need arise.

He doesn't want to be here. He does want to be at Chelsea. And he'll want it to be sorted out ASAP.
His interview in Equador seemed super relaxed judging by Brian Owen's full take on it - and not just the last line that was widely reported.

My take is that TB has told him that he shouldn't expect to be sold unless a club pays what he's worth and that he's happy with that.

I'm still surprised that he wants to go to Chelsea. If Man Utd had the money he's better better off going there than to the basket case that is Chelsea.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I fully expect him to be currently slightly unsettled, rising to super unsettled the longer it goes on. I imagine he's put in a bumper order to Amazon for an array of toys that can be projected from his pram should the need arise.

He doesn't want to be here. He does want to be at Chelsea. And he'll want it to be sorted out ASAP.

I'd be surprised if deep down he categorically feels like he doesn't want to be here. Surely there is a scenario where he can see the grey areas.. e.g. if Chelsea want him they pay the fee, he is clearly as good, if not better, than Declan Rice so £100m seems merited. If they don't pay I would like to think that he could also see the benefit of staying with us for another season when he will still be only 22 when he leaves and have played in the Europa League raising his profile even higher.

I think the club may well have a greater desire for him to move for the fee they have set, so that the money can be used for people like Kudus, but it's all tied into the leverage they have in negotiations, or lack of, for Colwill.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
That's been proven to be stirring by his agent, not Moises. Sierra has tried to promote moves to Arsenal, last season, and Liverpool and Chelsea. His job is to stir the pot, and he got his fingers burned last time.

Moises clearly want's to leave, yes his agent is a tw@t that hasn't helped things. The speculation alone will unsettle him though and him saying last season...

'I was really close to going to Arsenal, I suffered a lot'

'I’m sure I'm going to have many more opportunities. That’s why I continue to do things well.'

'I’d seen a lot of Arsenal before knowing that there was a possibility of me signing for them. I watched them and I liked them because they have very young, talented players and some stars but they always have that mindset of wanting more.'

Sounds like a player who is eager to test himself at the next level to me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What is your evidence for this?
I have no evidence, of course.

But I'm also highly confident that I'm correct.

If you think I'm wrong and you think Caicedo doesn't want to be at Chelsea then fair enough - we're not going to be able to convince one another either way.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I simply do not believe Moises is desperately unhappy at all. I do believe Chelsea are continuing to low-ball the Albion.

We've made it clear a deal is there to be done but it appears Chelsea are simply not taking this seriously.
I'm absolutely not saying I believe him to be desperately unhappy.

I believe he wants to be at (what he sees to be) a big club, and he wants that move this summer. As last season worked towards a conclusion, he had De Zerbi telling all and sundry that both he and Mac Allister deserved to be playing at a higher level (I can't recall the specific words were and I can't be arsed to look them up now).

Regardless of what Albion fans think about Chelsea, where they finished last season and their lack of European football this season, Moises Caicedo will view a move to Chelsea as making that step up to a higher level.

The way the transfer market seems to be moving this summer, there's not a wide range of suitors available to him at the price the Albion, quite rightfully, are prepared to strike a deal at, so I think he'll be getting increasingly keen to get the Chelsea deal thrashed out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not every player has to be either really happy / really pissed off. The fact he’s now making kissy faces at Chelsea, as he did Arsenal he’d clearly prefer a move. But I’m sure regardless until it’s done he’ll still be part of the squad

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not every player has to be either really happy / really pissed off. The fact he’s now making kissy faces at Chelsea, as he did Arsenal he’d clearly prefer a move. But I’m sure regardless until it’s done he’ll still be part of the squad
Exactly. Brighton have more influence over MC than some posters seem to think. Chelsea don't meet asking price/play ball with Colwill or whatever and we refuse to sell.

What is he going to do? Sulk? Hissy fit? Its hardly in his interests to do anything but play his heart out as a Brighton player, else his (supposed) dream move wont happen in next window(s). Lose/lose situation for him and the club that is in no-ones interest, not even prospective buyers.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
bearing in mind a few Liverpool first team midfielders appear to be on their way, I’m surprised they haven’t pushed the boat out for him to partner Mac. In a team of players overall better than ours they would set the premier league alight

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I have no evidence, of course.

But I'm also highly confident that I'm correct.

If you think I'm wrong and you think Caicedo doesn't want to be at Chelsea then fair enough - we're not going to be able to convince one another either way.
Oh, I agree that he probably wants to be transferred to a bigger club. And the media speculation is probably making him as squirrely as he was in January. I just don't think it is a fact that he is desperately unhappy being at Brighton, a la Trossard. Nor do I get the impression he would go on strike to get his move a la El Bellendos Cucu.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh, I agree that he probably wants to be transferred to a bigger club. And the media speculation is probably making him as squirrely as he was in January. I just don't think it is a fact that he is desperately unhappy being at Brighton, a la Trossard. Nor do I get the impression he would go on strike to get his move a la El Bellendos Cucu.
Agreed, kinda.

He won't be desperately unhappy being at Brighton today because he believes his exit tunnel is nearing completion. I think he will be unhappy if that remains the case on the 2nd September.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I
bearing in mind a few Liverpool first team midfielders appear to be on their way, I’m surprised they haven’t pushed the boat out for him to partner Mac. In a team of players overall better than ours they would set the premier league alight
I think they look for ‘value’ - a bit like us but with a few more noughts on the prices. Ali Mac was great value. Caicedo is a great player but at 80-100m probably not great value

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed, kinda.

He won't be desperately unhappy being at Brighton today because he believes his exit tunnel is nearing completion. I think he will be unhappy if that remains the case on the 2nd September.
Maybe he should have a word with Boehly about Colwill coming to Albion as part of the deal then…otherwise he might stay unhappy imo

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Maybe he should have a word with Boehly about Colwill coming to Albion as part of the deal then…otherwise he might stay unhappy imo
Indeed. While albion remain really unhappy about Chelsea's derisory valuation he'll be staying at the albion. Only Chelsea can resolve this.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
This will likely get messy; one of the only cards Chelsea have is to get the player to pressure the club. Last time we asked him to stay away, I’d imagine they’ll try the same tactic.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This will likely get messy; one of the only cards Chelsea have is to get the player to pressure the club. Last time we asked him to stay away, I’d imagine they’ll try the same tactic.

Might happen initially but when Caicedo sees the lads playing I reckon he'll be back out on the football pitch again in no time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here