Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And Chelsea’s technical director has left, currently on gardening leave, he’s been in the role since…

December.

What a circus
Christopher Vivell? Really? Where did you hear that?

Edit - just seen it. Wow! To be fair though, how many heads of recruitment and technical directors do one club need and still get it wrong time and again! Basket case club.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Look for the DeZerbi quote re: Caicedo and the “promise” he could leave! Melt down in the Kings Road😂

It’s a Fab Romano one.
Fab’s seemingly disproved his own line of reporting re: the supposed “pact”, there. Amateur hour.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Absolutely. So De Zerbi or someone from the 'hierarchy' have come out said 'Moises has told us he wants to leave.' Back it up with a direct quote or just shut up
Doesn’t have to be someone from the Albion. Just his agent. But that’s the definition of an unreliable witness. Or perhaps, more accurately, an irrelevant one as the player is under contract for several years.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Christopher Vivell? Really? Where did you hear that?

Edit - just seen it. Wow! To be fair though, how many heads of recruitment and technical directors do one club need and still get it wrong time and again! Basket case club.
That still leaves Winstanley and the other guy (Stewart) on transfers. Being jointly quoted every time someone signs - ludicrous. When has anyone worth their salt ever accepted that situation? Smacks a bit of the old Houllier/Evans partnership at Liverpool. Too many cooks and all that…

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That still leaves Winstanley and the other guy (Stewart) on transfers. Being jointly quoted every time someone signs - ludicrous. When has anyone worth their salt ever accepted that situation? Smacks a bit of the old Houllier/Evans partnership at Liverpool. Too many cooks and all that…
It does indeed. Boehly won't admit a mistake and sack his original nominee for the job. Like Houlier/Evans though, it can't go on. Either Boehly's boy will be sacked (mutual agreement, of course) or Winstanley will move on to bigger and better (he is, after all, a compulsively ambitious so-and-so) before the end of the season.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Ben Jacobs asks RDZ if its true that he has a verbal agreement with Caicedo that he can leave this window (which is what Jacobs has been reporting) De Zerbi says no, I'm just a coach.

Has RDZ actually denied saying this to Caicedo, or is he more implying that he did say it, but he had no authority to make that agreement. Sounds like the latter to me.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Has RDZ actually denied saying this to Caicedo, or is he more implying that he did say it, but he had no authority to make that agreement. Sounds like the latter to me.

From that conference it sounds to me that he denies ever saying it, he denied it twice.

This all stems from a post match interview RDZ did last season when he said that Mac Allister and Caicedo could leave as they deserve to play at the highest level, that's not the same as an agreement that they can leave.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset

Ben Jacobs asks RDZ if its true that he has a verbal agreement with Caicedo that he can leave this window (which is what Jacobs has been reporting) De Zerbi says no, I'm just a coach.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate just how lucky we are to have RDZ as our coach.
So humble and talented and with English as his second language he still manages to get across his feelings without any question of his goal and support for those above him.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
From that conference it sounds to me that he denies ever saying it, he denied it twice.

This all stems from a post match interview RDZ did last season when he said that Mac Allister and Caicedo could leave as they deserve to play at the highest level, that's not the same as an agreement that they can leave.
indeed. I think much of this talk of an agreement stems from that and something that's been either lost in translation or intentionally twisted

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He means that has no authority to make a deal like that. Jacobs said "If the price is right" - that applies to all of our players but at least I think he is starting to recognise that the price is right means what is acceptable to us and not what Chelsea think they are entitled to pay for him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here