Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Doesn’t really change anything though does it. We have never said Moises can’t leave, it’s just that it must be for the right price. Funnily enough under contract players can’t just pick & choose when they leave a club & how much for. Rice wanted to go to Arsenal but it couldn’t happen until they stumped up the £105m & agreed to the payment plan, and same here..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought Naylor said something along the lines of the club's view was they would be treating the Rice fee as a benchmark.
No idea whether he made that up or not though.

Cheers - I haven't been reading the whole thread

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Cheers - I haven't been reading the whole thread
I didn't see it here.

From the Athletic:

"Are Brighton expecting to keep Moises Caicedo? There seems to have been very little movement on that front. Is that likely to change? — Finnegan H.​
It really depends on how much Chelsea want Caicedo. The bids they have made so far — £60million in June and £70million on Monday (no add-ons) — are nowhere near Brighton’s valuation of £100million.​
Why would Brighton entertain losing Caicedo for those sums after rejecting an offer of £70million+ from Arsenal in January? Since then, Caicedo has signed a new contract and continued to shine in a team that finished sixth to qualify for the Europa League.​
Brighton’s rationale all along has been that Caicedo is at least as good, if not better, than England international Declan Rice, who joined Arsenal from West Ham for £105million."​

This isn't the first time he has referenced the club's view that the Rice fee should be their target for Caicedo.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We know that Moises would prefer a move. Let’s be honest, tripling your wages ( or thereabouts) and joining a team that has historically won major trophies would be attractive. ( especially as his agents are pushing the narrative for their own gain)
So nothing new. Chelsea need to get serious and quick. I’m sure that Poch will want to get Moises involved with his existing squad as they prepare for the new season, quickly.
We are in the box seat, as we have midfield options already in place. We are up Dahoud and Alzate, with Joao Pedro taking the number ten berth from AliMac’s departure.
So time is on our side. We have no concerns if the deal drags on, it just puts more pressure on Chelsea to get the deal done at the price we want.
Now, should the deal be completed in the next couple of weeks, then I’m sure we will look to use the proceeds to make a bid or two for targets. Eg Kudus.
Money up front from the Moises deal could certainly help.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We know that Moises would prefer a move. Let’s be honest, tripling your wages ( or thereabouts) and joining a team that has historically won major trophies would be attractive. ( especially as his agents are pushing the narrative for their own gain)
So nothing new. Chelsea need to get serious and quick. I’m sure that Poch will want to get Moises involved with his existing squad as they prepare for the new season, quickly.
We are in the box seat, as we have midfield options already in place. We are up Dahoud and Alzate, with Joao Pedro taking the number ten berth from AliMac’s departure.
So time is on our side. We have no concerns if the deal drags on, it just puts more pressure on Chelsea to get the deal done at the price we want.
Now, should the deal be completed in the next couple of weeks, then I’m sure we will look to use the proceeds to make a bid or two for targets. Eg Kudus.
Exactly this.

We don't need the money and will be perfectly happy to continue with Moises in the squad, for our most challenging season ever.
If he goes, it will be for ridiculous amounts to a club who desperately need him to help them recover lost ground.

Most importantly, Moises seems comfortable enough with the options too.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, if he doesn’t get his move now he knows that if he continues to give his best then it will happen some time in the future. In the meantime he can be influential in a top PL team and gain useful experience in Europe.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He won’t triple his wages. He might, if Chelsea are still doing 8-year contracts, get a nice uplift on total peak career contract value.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He won’t triple his wages. He might, if Chelsea are still doing 8-year contracts, get a nice uplift on total peak career contract value.

The unprecedented duration of contracts was a ruse to swerve FFP, now outlawed by UEFA … acquisition costs must be written off as a cost over 5 years for any contract greater than 5 years.

I wonder if The Chavs have now abandoned that approach when making new signings?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The unprecedented duration of contracts was a ruse to swerve FFP, now outlawed by UEFA … acquisition costs must be written off as a cost over 5 years for any contract greater than 5 years.

I wonder if The Chavs have now abandoned that approach when making new signings?
They are trying to drive down the massive £200-300k a week packages offered to established superstars and are going for younger, potential players. The £15m+ a year to multiple superstar players soon gets you butting up against FFP - especially when No CL football is on offer. That’s what completely f***ed Leicester City.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They are trying to drive down the massive £200-300k a week packages offered to established superstars and are going for younger, potential players. The £15m+ a year to multiple superstar players soon gets you butting up against FFP - especially when No CL football is on offer. That’s what completely f***ed Leicester City.

And Everton.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Kudus sounds like he's going to the gooners.

Doesn’t really change anything though does it. We have never said Moises can’t leave, it’s just that it must be for the right price. Funnily enough under contract players can’t just pick & choose when they leave a club & how much for. Rice wanted to go to Arsenal but it couldn’t happen until they stumped up the £105m & agreed to the payment plan, and same here..
Exactly!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Honestly Chelsea Twitter is full of more unwanted plastic than the great Pacific garbage patch

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Roberto De Zerbi went fishing today...

Doubtless fuelling a new rumour that someone somewhere ‘understands’ De Zerbi wants the Chelsea job in order to ‘play’ with his two favourite players…

What other outcome could there be?

‘Ere we go… mad for it.’

Classic.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here