Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Big gamble by Beaky. He's not worth half that and everyone knows it. By blocking a move, the player might get pissed off. I hope so.
Is he not? Their player of the year. Mali regular? Not worth 20-30 million less than Caicedo?
Palace aside isn't that the same as supporters of other clubs are saying about Moises...'one good season'.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Big gamble by Beaky. He's not worth half that and everyone knows it. By blocking a move, the player might get pissed off. I hope so.
It’s what they did with Zahahahaha too, a tried and tested Palacev technique born of desperation. I’m no fan of the SEGW, but it did his career no favours at all. Doucoure must be finding this very frustrating (surely he can’t be as much of a big-fish-small-fetid-puddle as Mr Tumble, he must have more ambition and self respect than that).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

Few were talking about Doucoure in the same breath as Rice and Doucoure a week ago.

I’ve closely followed new centre midfielder discussions this summer across major clubs. The same names crop up - Rice, Caicedo, Ugarte, Kone, Thuram, Mac Allister, Florentino Luis, Amrabat, Lavia.

Doucoure’s name never entered the write ups.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Usually reliable sauce.

Latest offer from West London, £80million now or £100 million over three years.

Tony thankfully digging his heels in over the 100 mil. 👍
Albion not desperate for cash now, so I guess it'll be the latter.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Usually reliable sauce.

Latest offer from West London, £80million now or £100 million over three years.

Tony thankfully digging his heels in over the 100 mil. 👍

Large transfer fees are paid in instalments over a few years, the total value owed and owing are disclosed in the company accounts. Even Abu Dhabi do this, despite the owners wealth.

The Albion are well versed to this industry custom, they benefit the other way by paying selling clubs by instalments.

TB/PB will be focused on the total fee pre-add ons.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is he not? Their player of the year. Mali regular? Not worth 20-30 million less than Caicedo?
Palace aside isn't that the same as supporters of other clubs are saying about Moises...'one good season'.
All football fans do the same thing, they hear an over the top transfer fee and then compare their star player to that value.

We do it all the time too (and so do the club!).
Caicedo's value is inflated, he probably is worth £70 - 80m in reality.

In our defence, however, our valuation is based on more than " he's our best player"
Caicedo is the star player in one of the strongest South American teams.
He impressed on the World stage.
He has been consistently running games for a top 6 club in the Premier League.
He's 21.

From what I've seen of Doucoure (subbed off at half time against us) he is not worth £70m

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
From what I've seen of Doucoure (subbed off at half time against us) he is not worth £70m
Doucoure was a red card waiting to happen, and had previously made two challenges in the first half against us that should have seen him sent off.
He's certainly a very good player but is a loose cannon regularly tackling on the verge of fouling.
Whoever signs him will know exactly what they are getting.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
All football fans do the same thing, they hear an over the top transfer fee and then compare their star player to that value.

We do it all the time too (and so do the club!).
Caicedo's value is inflated, he probably is worth £70 - 80m in reality.

In our defence, however, our valuation is based on more than " he's our best player"
Caicedo is the star player in one of the strongest South American teams.
He impressed on the World stage.
He has been consistently running games for a top 6 club in the Premier League.
He's 21.

Fernandes £107m. That’s why Caicedo is worth every penny of £100m+. There is NO REALITY in modern football transfer dealings. Most, if not all of that, is due to Abramovich & Boehly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Player of the season in a club that finished on 45 points and got one single win against top-half side all season (Villa while they were still shit early on) isn't an accolade that puts you in the 70m bracket.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020

Jacobs (and no doubt Romano soon) were always going to resort to this at some point, regardless of how much truth there is behind it. Can’t be proven/disproven, helps drive forward the narrative that the player is unhappy and wants out.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fernandes £107m. That’s why Caicedo is worth every penny of £100m+. There is NO REALITY in modern football transfer dealings. Most, if not all of that, is due to Abramovich & Boehly.
Well quite.

But this is exactly my point.
Each club do the same thing.
Cherry pick a ridiculous transfer fee and treat it as the benchmark.

Fernandes/Rice/Pogba (2012)
All of these transfers were predominantly driven by hype. (Fernandes the least deserving of that level of hype)
These are not the benchmark for valuations of the rest of the market.

West Ham have had the advantage of 5 seasons of Rice as well as a huge fee.
But Rice's valuation, is based on his history, winning a European trophy and 2-3 seasons of hype about the transfer.

That can't be the benchmark for all other players. And I can understand Chelsea balking at us using Rice as a benchmark.

I agree we should ask for £100m for Caicedo because he will be in that bracket, after 2 years of Hype playing under RDZ.
And we need to be compensated for the seasons we are being asked to give up, not just his market valuation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well quite.

But this is exactly my point.
Each club do the same thing.
Cherry pick a ridiculous transfer fee and treat it as the benchmark.

Fernandes/Rice/Pogba (2012)
All of these transfers were predominantly driven by hype. (Fernandes the least deserving of that level of hype)
These are not the benchmark for valuations of the rest of the market.

West Ham have had the advantage of 5 seasons of Rice as well as a huge fee.
But Rice's valuation, is based on his history, winning a European trophy and 2-3 seasons of hype about the transfer.

That can't be the benchmark for all other players. And I can understand Chelsea balking at us using Rice as a benchmark.

Have we used Rice as a benchmark (eg, have the club asked for £100m)? Or have we simply rejected £70m, which we also rejected in January?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here