Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There is a degree of a wankfest, as there was over Cucu, and Ben White to some point.. IIRC there wasn't particularly one over Biss, although MOTD consistently purred over him being a Rolls Royce of a midfielder (which he was)... whatever happened to him?!!
Had a great game against West Ham today, apparently...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And we are a day closer to the transfer window SLAMMING shut. Chelsea knew day one what was needed if they wanted this deal and could have done it then if they wanted.

Can anyone explain to me why this becomes more likely the nearer we get to calling time and announcing that 'he's not for sale' yet again :shrug:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t think we really want to sell the lad for at least another season every bid under £100m will be rejected and no one will pay that. Chelsea might bend over come the end of the window and Tony will know that. Their stance with Levi isn’t helping them either Wankstanly is out of his depth.
Wankstanley is having to work side-by-side, on aan equal footing, with the muppet he job-shares with who was already in position at Chelsea. Give him time, he will make their recruitment much better. :down:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reading the recent musings of various football writers, they all sing the praises of Caicedo - his pass completion rate, athleticism, recovery tackles, beasting the no 6 role, lack of injuries, a Kante but for 10 years to come. They go on to say how Poch wants to build the team around him, how he would seal the defence and set Enzo Fernandez alight, they’re all desperate to play in his team.

Then how savvy Winstanley knows how Bloom operates and they’re hellbent on not being taken to the cleaners again. It’s £70m, absolute tops £80m. Not a penny more.

He’s better than Rice and three years younger. Literally any club in the world would improve or maintain winning standards with Caicedo in the first 11. Clearly he’s a £100m player in today’s crazy marketplace. In Bloom we trust.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Reading the recent musings of various football writers, they all sing the praises of Caicedo - his pass completion rate, athleticism, recovery tackles, beasting the no 6 role, lack of injuries, a Kante but for 10 years to come. They go on to say how Poch wants to build the team around him, how he would seal the defence and set Enzo Fernandez alight, they’re all desperate to play in his team.

Then how savvy Winstanley knows how Bloom operates and they’re hellbent on not being taken to the cleaners again. It’s £70m, absolute tops £80m. Not a penny more.

He’s better than Rice and three years younger. Literally any club in the world would improve or maintain winning standards with Caicedo in the first 11. Clearly he’s a £100m player in today’s crazy marketplace. In Bloom we trust.
What makes me smile is that Jacobs idiot and Fab have been stating that Brighton and Chelsea have been talking yet all they have done is put a bid in and PB has rejected it straight away. That's one short conversation.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
No valid point was made. I am not at his beck and call, so my reply was reasonable.
Yes there was a valid point made, other than media speculation there has been no comments coming from either club regarding Moises. As to the reasonableness of your response ...........

And then I open up the BBC sport site and see we have just rejected an offer :D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What makes me smile is that Jacobs idiot and Fab have been stating that Brighton and Chelsea have been talking yet all they have done is put a bid in and PB has rejected it straight away. That's one short conversation.

It is silly and funny when they churn out the “talking” or ”talks are ongoing” term.

Chelsea and Brighton will be busy with all sorts of business and transfer business at all age levels. Fantasists AKA transfer pundits/clickbait liars, paint a false picture of opposing suits burning the midnight candle, night after night.

The reality …. every 10 days Paul Barber receives an email from Winstanley upping the offer, Paul Barber talks with Tony Bloom. After their laughter subsides, the reply is sent stating “Your offer in no way meets the valuation we’ve set under current market conditions for the player”.

The only occasion it might be like that would be the very end of January and August, to quote Ian Curtis, as desperation takes hold.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Had a great game against West Ham today, apparently...

There is a degree of a wankfest, as there was over Cucu, and Ben White to some point.. IIRC there wasn't particularly one over Biss, although MOTD consistently purred over him being a Rolls Royce of a midfielder (which he was)... whatever happened to him?!!
He went to a club whose manager didn't rate him - he (Conte) played 3-4-3, no flexibility, and said 'he wasn't at the levels of Hoydonk (sp?) and Bentancur' - well, that was the opinion of a manager who is no longer at the club. Good shout Antonio! :facepalm:

Then Biss got injured. Let's see what happens this season - could be interesting!

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Four months ago most nsc’ers rejoiced that Caicedo was going to be with us for a long time to come. Whilst one or two of us explained it as a pay rise, that he and his agents would still seek an exit asap, Bloom wouldn’t block it for the right fee. It just didn’t feel right, why would a world class player with two new very greedy agents, reject the future illegal advances of cnts like Chelsea.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/thre...2027-with-1-year-extra-option.384954/page-349

Frustratingly, a few games on he’s keen on departing. Never underestimate the cut and thrust of modern football.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

If Losestanley doesn't seal this deal then perhaps his stock at Chelsea falls... A bit embarrassing for him not to be able to get the deal done with Bloom and Barber... and out the door he goes.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
He went to a club whose manager didn't rate him - he (Conte) played 3-4-3, no flexibility, and said 'he wasn't at the levels of Hoydonk (sp?) and Bentancur' - well, that was trhe opinion of a manager who is no longer at the club. Good shout Antonio! :facepalm:

Then Biss got injured. Let's see what happens this season - could be interesting!
I’ve a mate who is a Spurs and he says he’s sh.. Not that, said he was their best player (when he got on) toward the end of the season. I think he’ll be brilliant this year, (although I thought that when he left as well)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It is silly and funny when they churn out the “talking” or ”talks are ongoing” term.

Chelsea and Brighton will be busy with all sorts of business and transfer business at all age levels. Fantasists AKA transfer pundits/clickbait liars, paint a false picture of opposing suits burning the midnight candle, night after night.

The reality …. every 10 days Paul Barber receives an email from Winstanley upping the offer, Paul Barber talks with Tony Bloom. After their laughter subsides, the reply is sent stating “Your offer in no way meets the valuation we’ve set under current market conditions for the player”.

The only occasion it might be like that would be the very end of January and August, to quote Ian Curtis, as desperation takes hold.
At some point we will dismiss Chelsea’s approaches as time wasting and tell them to go away until they come back with a bid closer to the asking price. Hoping this will be after the next bid (likely to be £80m IMO)

I’m sure TB has probably put a date on it as well rather than let it go to the wire, and give ourselves less time.

31st July anyone?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This hadn't been lost on me either. Since end of June, FIbz has been tweeting every couple of days that talks have been taking place in the background. As you say, this is obviously bollocks if the conclusion of those talks were to submit a bid that's well below an acceptable price. Clearly, Fibz has no idea when it comes to this particular transfer.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
At some point we will dismiss Chelsea’s approaches as time wasting and tell them to go away until they come back with a bid closer to the asking price. Hoping this will be after the next bid (likely to be £80m IMO)

I’m sure TB has probably put a date on it as well rather than let it go to the wire, and give ourselves less time.

31st July anyone?
I do agree that at some point we have to draw a line under this saga.

I hope that TB says if a deal is to be done then it has to be done by the end of next week, or we close the door. If he was to go we have to give ourselves time to get a replacement so this can't drag on IMO.

Agree a deal by next week, or he stays 1 more season. End of.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here