Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t disagree but I feel we are pushing very hard for a Colwill deal to be part of whatever final figure is agreed on. Chelsea will be very reluctant to go back on “not for sale”, understandably given how they have had their trousers pulled down by the Albion over the last year.

Do you truly think Winstanley/Boehly will part with England’s first choice CB of the next 10-15 years?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
To me it’s likely middle ground would be £85 million plus £10 million add ons
£85 flat and a Cowill loan for another season or
£50 million flat and Cowill permanently.

They clearly don’t want to let Cowill go so seems likely to be option one
I’m 99% certain he will go

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you truly think Winstanley/Boehly will part with England’s first choice CB of the next 10-15 years?
Well there’s the rub, how much do they want Moises? I can see him staying if some sort of deal doesn’t happen unless they pay between 85 and 100 million :shrug:

Much as I rate Levi, I think his potential is outweighing his current ability In the wankfest over him. He is nowhere near the finished article, he couldn’t even nail down a guaranteed starting role at L’il Ole Albion last season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well there’s the rub, how much do they want Moises? I can see him staying if some sort of deal doesn’t happen unless they pay between 85 and 100 million :shrug:

Much as I rate Levi, I think his potential is outweighing his current ability In the wankfest over him. He is nowhere near the finished article, he couldn’t even nail down a guaranteed starting role at L’il Ole Albion last season.

Like Caicedo, I think Colwill’s the real deal, but obviously younger and therefore a bit behind on development. Underlined by him bossing the U21’s for England. I loved hearing that Colwill was partnering Dunk, over anyone else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like Caicedo, I think Colwill’s the real deal, but obviously younger and therefore a bit behind on development. Underlined by him bossing the U21’s for England. I loved hearing that Colwill was partnering Dunk, over anyone else.
Hence him being so reluctant to sign a new contract at Chelsea, no guarantee he’d get as much game time as he is likely to get here?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It does answer the question for me. Football club owners absolutely are worried about profit and loss. As you say yourself, a player is worth what others are willing to pay, which clearly isn’t £100m+. Ultimately we have to be realistic. It won’t be long before Caicedo starts his strop and you have ask how that will benefit the club. When the club reminds itself that Moises cost us 3m, it’s much easier to reconcile itself to gaining 'only' 87m gross profit than 97m. I admire Bloom obviously but he also knows he’s playing a risky game especially if, as has been reported, Caicedo's people are starting to leak stories to the press about Moises being ‘disrespected'.

This is going to get messy very quickly IMO.
If that is the case it is the albion that is being "disrespected".

Tony will get his asking price - either this summer or next summer. No rush.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hence him being so reluctant to sign a new contract at Chelsea, no guarantee he’d get as much game time as he is likely to get here?

:wanker: Winstanley’s:wanker: game imho is to shut out all Colwill noise and put any demands on the back burner. Then post 1st Sept, to set about persuading him that Poch is a genius, but moreover luring him with wealth beyond his dreams. Colwill’s on £15k pw, Cucurella £175k pw going by the guessing websites. I just can’t see Colwill accepting low wages for two years in a Mexican Standoff. Everyone loves money and things, footballers more than most …. looks at the hordes rushing to Saudi.

Levy (Kane) and Parish (Zaha) didn’t give one inch for years, they won. To me this feels the same.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
That floppy haired **** can f***ing do one as well.
I mean, Cucu's Chelsea experience is hardly gonna attract anyone else, is it? Shambles and detested by the majority of Chelsea fans. Weird.
Mind you, offset by piles of lucre.
*edit - money, lots of money, that's his main experience of Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here