Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I make it 4 times - Cucurella, Potter, the game at the Amex and the game at the Bridge.
Whats the running total? I make it:

Cucu - £60m
Potter + coaches - £22m
Winstanley - £3m???

£85m spent on failures and they finish 18 points and 6 places behind us. I suppose we ought to thank them for selling us Gilmour so cheaply.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They're taking the f***ing piss. Makes sense after what's gone on between us but £70 million!?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
It does answer the question for me. Football club owners absolutely are worried about profit and loss. As you say yourself, a player is worth what others are willing to pay, which clearly isn’t £100m+. Ultimately we have to be realistic. It won’t be long before Caicedo starts his strop and you have ask how that will benefit the club. When the club reminds itself that Moises cost us 3m, it’s much easier to reconcile itself to gaining 'only' 87m gross profit than 97m. I admire Bloom obviously but he also knows he’s playing a risky game especially if, as has been reported, Caicedo's people are starting to leak stories to the press about Moises being ‘disrespected'.

This is going to get messy very quickly IMO.
Are you Chelsea?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
It does answer the question for me. Football club owners absolutely are worried about profit and loss. As you say yourself, a player is worth what others are willing to pay, which clearly isn’t £100m+. Ultimately we have to be realistic. It won’t be long before Caicedo starts his strop and you have ask how that will benefit the club. When the club reminds itself that Moises cost us 3m, it’s much easier to reconcile itself to gaining 'only' 87m gross profit than 97m. I admire Bloom obviously but he also knows he’s playing a risky game especially if, as has been reported, Caicedo's people are starting to leak stories to the press about Moises being ‘disrespected'.

This is going to get messy very quickly IMO.
Like I said I'm sure you are content that the price we bought him for means we should accept a low bid.

My opinion is it doesn't matter and you have not proven a thing.

I also suspect thst you and quite a few others on here would be terrible at high stakes poker.

Who cares if MC does another Instagram post? Only those who are overly emotional about ethereal things like player loyalty. The adults amongst us can just tut a bit and wait for September when the trauma of the transfer window is over. If somehow MC is still a brighton player I'm sure he will want to play still. Maybe we can tell him to take 6 more weeks off?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I know these things are best sorted well in advance of the season starting, but there is absolutely no reason to rush this. The player we (presumably) want as part of this is Colwill. We know him very well, and he knows us...so if he misses part or all of our pre-season it's not a big deal. Likewise, if Caicedo does a strop for a bit, it's not a massive issue....in fact, it gives more time/space for the likes of Dahoud.

I'm sure it'll all get sorted quite soon though - apparently Poch is due to have a chat with Colwill sometime this week. Plus Chelsea seem to be sniffing around Romeo Lavia, who will DEFINITELY be leaving Southampton....far too good for the Championship. But I read somewhere that Southampton want £50m for Lavia.

Funnily enough we're playing Chelsea in the US on Saturday....who will Moises turn out for?!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry, but that post is hilarious. Tony Bloom not being realistic, and playing a risky game? :lolol:
Yes self made billionaire not being realistic, interesting. As far as being risky he is probably now (not once upon a time) one of the most astute gamblers in the known universe.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Since Naylor, a BHA mouthpiece, has said £70m was bid, presumably from PBOBE, it suggests to me that we are sniffing for rival bids.

I imagine RDZ is planning for life without MC already as is the recruitment team so no need for us to rush a sale through. I mean we don't appear to have cash flow problems.

The only downside I can see is the psychological stress us uninformed fans will have to deal with.

This could go on until window slamming time, so we had best hunker down and get off twitter for a while.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Since Naylor, a BHA mouthpiece, has said £70m was bid, presumably from PBOBE, it suggests to me that we are sniffing for rival bids.

I imagine RDZ is planning for life without MC already as is the recruitment team so no need for us to rush a sale through. I mean we don't appear to have cash flow problems.

The only downside I can see is the psychological stress us uninformed fans will have to deal with.

This could go on until window slamming time, so we had best hunker down and get off twitter for a while.
We turned down £70M from Arsenal in January. Since then Moises has signed a new contract.
We don't have to sniff out bids. Chelsea are taking the mickey.

Aug 1, 2006
The reported recent interview does not back up the rubbish printed about him being upset.

Metro: "On how he deals with the speculation and noise around him, he continued: ‘It’s a very great emotion. What guy wouldn’t want them to be talking about him?

‘I know how to handle it. I don’t get carried away by emotions. I’m enjoying time with my family for now. There is pressure, but I am calm.

‘I am waiting for whatever God decides. He will know what is best for me.’"

This is not the emotionof an angry person. He seems pretty relaxed about it maybe still being Brighton. I do think he will go but all the 'upset' niose is just wishful thinking and stiring from Chelsea. To be expected i suppose.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
This is all turning rather peculiar.

Why would Bloom accept £70m now when rejected in January and MC signed a new contract?
Why is Winstanly not telling them that Bloom won’t accept ridiculous bids below what he deems acceptable?

If Chelsea seriously want this deal, inside knowledge of how Bloom and PBOBE operate and negotiate (from Winstanly) should mean it is easy for them. They either think he’s worth it and bid the right price or they don’t and move on.

As for MC, unless he was told “sign the new contract you can 100% leave in the summer regardless of fee” then I don’t see what he has to throw his toys about for? If he definitely wanted to move this summer, why sign the new contract? I suspect that means that he would like to move but is equally happy staying if he can’t.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm enjoying the annoyance at someone coming in with a lower first offer.

You lot would be RUBBISH at buying houses.
No annoyance here, but I'm not sure many people would go straight in with an offer for a house that was 30% lower than the asking price – and expect to be taken seriously!

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is all turning rather peculiar.

Why would Bloom accept £70m now when rejected in January and MC signed a new contract?
Why is Winstanly not telling them that Bloom won’t accept ridiculous bids below what he deems acceptable?

If Chelsea seriously want this deal, inside knowledge of how Bloom and PBOBE operate and negotiate (from Winstanly) should mean it is easy for them. They either think he’s worth it and bid the right price or they don’t and move on.

As for MC, unless he was told “sign the new contract you can 100% leave in the summer regardless of fee” then I don’t see what he has to throw his toys about for? If he definitely wanted to move this summer, why sign the new contract? I suspect that means that he would like to move but is equally happy staying if he can’t.

It’s simple.

Bloom wants £100m, the Chavs are titting around with numbers no where near that. West Ham held out for £100m plus and got it.

I’d imagine that TB and PB are incredibly logical and laid back about it. No emotion, it’s business, the club has very healthy liquidity. Once the Chavs make the correct offer, they’ll do business.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
It’s simple.

Bloom wants £100m, the Chavs are titting around with numbers no where near that. West Ham held out for £100m plus and got it.

I’d imagine that TB and PB are incredibly logical and laid back about it. No emotion, it’s business, we have a very healthy liquidity. Once the Chavs make the correct offer, they’ll do business.
Rumours of Arteta calling Pep to make an offer to ensure the Arsenal hierarchy bid the asking to avoid missing out. Could do with one of those phone calls. Or another one to Chelsea saying don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Rumours of Arteta calling Pep to make an offer to ensure the Arsenal hierarchy bid the asking to avoid missing out. Could do with one of those phone calls. Or another one to Chelsea saying don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Agreed, that would be handy but I don’t see where that might come from in this case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Good point. Abu Dhabi were allegedly showing interest in Rice, then Arsenal rushed it through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here