Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Indeed.

The Albion are all about control, and having a player with a release clause means that control is taken away.

I must admit, I'm struggling to understand quite why Caicedo would sign another deal right now, as it weakens his hand for getting his move. He may still get his move as and when he wants it, of course, but he's ceded more power/control to the Albion and he certainly didn't like that just over a month ago.
You have a good point.

We can only guess, but I have a feeling that his new agents are not actually that experienced or savvy, based on their existing client roster and the ham fisted way they went about things. You would never see such an agricultural approach from an experienced super agent like Jorge Mendes.

This may well have been their first chance at a golden ticket, and once it had failed, they may have been a little easier to deal with, perhaps with the sweetener of a decent fee once Caicedo had signed. He is clearly open to the influence of 3rd parties.

Id also speculate that Caicedo is pretty religious and seems to believe in the will of god. In those circumstances if you are a good person, get on with your team mates and are treated well by the club, perhaps you might believe that this is providence.

That and the likelihood that Arsenal will target Rice in the summer and Chelsea is quite clearly a s*** show.

It all adds up, and its all speculation ;)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed.

The Albion are all about control, and having a player with a release clause means that control is taken away.

I must admit, I'm struggling to understand quite why Caicedo would sign another deal right now, as it weakens his hand for getting his move. He may still get his move as and when he wants it, of course, but he's ceded more power/control to the Albion and he certainly didn't like that just over a month ago.
He’s realised he has a long career ahead of him and he’s still stupidly young. He’s committed himself to us for a few years now I believe - 1.5yes minimum - If he was really looking to move this Summer he surely wouldn’t have signed the deal. I see this as a lot better news than some on here - but I like the positive outlook I have 👍

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah, I think the vast majority pointed the finger of justice and blame firmly in the direction of Caicedo’s agents, and he got a good reception on his first game after the
I think this guarantees he’ll be here until at least Summer 2024 - very rare a player would go a few months after signing.

Huge news - great pick up for tomorrow - the place will be bouncing again 👍
Ben White signed a new 4 year contract then went to Arsenal the following Summer

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed.

It’s because his agents told him to sign it, because they’re getting a % of his much-improved salary and they’re desperate to monetise their only decent asset. Refusing to sell him in Jan totally bolloxed their plans so a % of his multipied wage gives them a chunky take. Also, they are thick as pig shit, moneygrabbing parasites that Tony and Paul have stitched up like kippers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed.

Huge pay rise immediately, with a promise that he can go when the right deal is struck.

Unlike Parish with Zaha and Levy with Kane etc, Bloom does not have a reputation for reneging on such promises so can be trusted.

In addition Caicedo’s a relative baby at 21. Guaranteed an EPL first team start with us he can develop at a high level and still win things for years to come when he moves on.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Discussed that when this came up before - want sure if it was fact or rumour - you mean the China move from us?
Naylor reported it, said the clause in his contract specifically allowed him to move to a Chinese side for a set fee. He used the term pre-existing when describing the release clause, which could well mean it was part of his contract at Huddersfield and as I believe we effectively took over the contract from Huddersfield, when he signed permanently, we had to honour that clause as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Huge pay rise immediately, with a promise that he can go when the right deal is struck.

Unlike Parish with Zaha and Levy with Kane etc, Bloom does not have a reputation for reneging on such promises so can be trusted.

In addition Caicedo’s a relative baby at 21. Guaranteed an EPL first team start with us he can develop at a high level and still win things for years to come when he moves on.
I'm sorry, I still don't get it...

1. Huge pay rise. Assuming he still wants away, and I don't see why he won't, then that's a pay rise for a few months. But to earn a few quid more for a few months, he's had to cede a lot of control to the club.

2. "A promise that he can go when the right deal is struck" - he already had that - it's exactly how the club operate, as we know. The only way he could have a cast-iron promise worth anything is a release clause, and the Albion won't do that. So he has no extra "promise" at all.

3. He didn't give a shit about his age and development five weeks ago - he won't have had a sudden epiphany.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

1. Huge pay rise. Assuming he still wants away, and I don't see why he won't, then that's a pay rise for a few months. But to earn a few quid more for a few months, he's had to cede a lot of control to the club.

2. "A promise that he can go when the right deal is struck" - he already had that - it's exactly how the club operate, as we know. The only way he could have a cast-iron promise worth anything is a release clause, and the Albion won't do that. So he has no extra "promise" at all.

3. He didn't give a shit about his age and development five weeks ago - he won't have had a sudden epiphany.
It’s the agents…..they get far more money now….so they tell him to do it. Moises is naive and trusts them so he does, but they are thick, and playing Bloom/Barber. They just lost.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s the agents…..they get far more money now….so they tell him to do it. Moises is naive and trusts them so he does, but they are thick, and playing Bloom/Barber. They just lost.
That's really all I can put it down too - the agent either pushing through a deal to line their own pockets or they've stuffed up. If Caicedo does want away ASAP he's just made it more difficult for that to happen.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

He is still very young, and judging by his/agent's conduct a few weeks ago, pretty green. Up against Tony Bloom and Paul Barber, I suspect he is very respectful, biddable and malleable. They offered him a decent - and well-deserved - new contract, and he accepted it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's really all I can put it down too - the agent either pushing through a deal to line their own pockets or they've stuffed up. If Caicedo does want away ASAP he's just made it more difficult for that to happen.
We already know they’re a bit stupid, we know they don’t have a great stable of players and Moises is their meal ticket for life……..having missed out on a cut of a big transfer fee they’re grabbing the next best (only) immediate option of a cut of a much bigger paycheque. If he has a career-ending injury before he moves they’d get nothing so they’re grabbing what they can I reckon - and continuing to badly advise him in the meantime for the reasons you state.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We already know they’re a bit stupid, we know they don’t have a great stable of players and Moises is their meal ticket for life……..having missed out on a cut of a big transfer fee they’re grabbing the next best (only) immediate option of a cut of a much bigger paycheque. If he has a career-ending injury before he moves they’d get nothing so they’re grabbing what they can I reckon - and continuing to badly advised him in the meantime for the reasons you state.
He only signed to this current agent for two years. They don't have much time to cash in.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I really don't buy this 'Caicedo wants away' stuff. He was manipulated by his agents in their pursuit of big profits. From what I've seen of him in the games he's played since January he looks fully committed and happy to be on the pitch with us. Something that Trossard never did after the WC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here