Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1677870024142.gif

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
His 3rd contract already with the club, shows what progress he has made since signing the initial first one.
Hearing on the grapevine he’s tripled his wages too from £25k a week up to £75k a week
Surely tripling his wages would give him £9k a week……well that’s what an Arsenal fan told me!

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
This new contract is a massive statement, keeping hold of your stars for even a year or two longer than expected is how the likes of Southampton, West Ham and Leicester managed to get Europe multiple times. Keep them for longer and there's a chance of becoming something like Spurs.

Surely a massive statement for De Zerbi too that Bloom will help him keep the players he likes? Happy days all round

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As has been mentioned, the contract is sure to have a release clause in there, but this deal gives him a pay rise which may delay his desire to move on, and it means we can demand top dollar if anyone does want to sign him.
Had discussed this a lot but I think you’re wrong. In fact, name me the last English player to move on a release clause? They just don’t really seem to exist in England - a Spanish etc thing. Pretty confident there isn’t a release clause. Maybe an agreement of a future move if the money is right etc.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Can we give ourselves a huge pat on the back for the reception we gave him. I’m sure it would’ve helped him settle back in like nothing happened.

Of course he may well be off in the summer, but this doesn’t half help jack the price up. Made us millions.

Any chance of half-price season tickets Paul?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah, I think the vast majority pointed the finger of justice and blame firmly in the direction of Caicedo’s agents, and he got a good reception on his first game after the drama.
Our fans love him and I think we could all see the reality of the situation with the agents and Arse.

He's a very talented boy and we're lucky to have him, when Biss went never imagined our loanee at rock bottom Beerschot in Belgium who were getting beat most weeks would be this good.

And its not only Moises we're lucky to have, both BarberOUT and the Lizard have just faced down 70M and being press ganged to sign up one of our best players onto a long term deal...... The significance of retaining our best players when faced with such huge offers is a real statement of intent and almost as Massive as Sheffield Wednesday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For those speculating about a RELEASE CLAUSE - feel free to tell us the last 5 players in the premier league or even EFL who moved because a club triggered their release clause…. GO…

If you can’t, can everyone stop talking all football manager and mentioning ‘release clauses’ 🤣👍 THEY RARELY EXIST IN ENGLAND AND CERTAINLY NOT BY BLOOM - IT TAKES THE CONTROL OUT OF THE CLUBS HANDS!

Last edited:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
For those speculating about a RELEASE CLAUSE - feel free to tell us the last 5 players in the premier league or even EFL who moved because a club triggered their release clause…. GO…

If you can’t, can everyone stop talking all football manager and mentioning ‘release clauses’ 🤣👍 THEY RARELY EXIST IN ENGLAND IF AT ALL AND CERTAINLY NOT BY BLOOM - IT TAKES THE CONTROL OUT OF THE CLUBS HANDS!
1. Chris Wood
2. Ummmm…

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Barber and Blooms movement here is top notch…. If he goes in the summer we royally cash in and if he stays a year we f***ing well qualify for Europe and go deep into the competition before he leaves for 85million to Arsenal.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Had discussed this a lot but I think you’re wrong. In fact, name me the last English player to move on a release clause? They just don’t really seem to exist in England - a Spanish etc thing. Pretty confident there isn’t a release clause. Maybe an agreement of a future move if the money is right etc.
You’re probably right and could just be a verbal agreement in place that we won’t stand in his way of a move from the summer if our asking price is met

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You’re probably right and could just be a verbal agreement in place that we won’t stand in his way of a move from the summer if our asking price is met
Yeh I think that’s more the case. Sorry to be anal about it, it just irks me as they rarely exist. Someone said it’s common in Spain etc due to employment laws.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. Chris Wood
2. Ummmm…
Good point on Wood - seems that’s probably true. I don’t know of any others - maybe that was a Burnley thing and they put it as silly money not expecting someone silly like Saudi FC to pay it…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here