Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
His 3rd contract already with the club, shows what progress he has made since signing the initial first one.
Hearing on the grapevine he’s tripled his wages too from £25k a week up to £75k a week
100% deserved if true. He was brilliant against Stoke. He should be inspired to give his all for us for the rest of the season. Yes, if we get a stonker bid like £90m+, he’ll still be off in the summer but he can leave with his head held high now. We are going to need him in top form if we are to get to Wembley (twice).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Would be surprised if we don't get at least another season out of him now. That length of contract should push the price to a level that pretty much every club would think he's not worth yet. Chelsea could be the exception but to have much hope of staying the right side of FFP, offloading a couple of dozen players has surely got to be their summer priority before Boehly goes bananas again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
100% deserved if true. He was brilliant against Stoke. He should be inspired to give his all for us for the rest of the season. Yes, if we get a stonker bid like £90m+, he’ll still be off in the summer but he can leave with his head held high now. We are going to need him in top form if we are to get to Wembley (twice).
I was saying v Stoke how good he is and hard he’ll be to replace. He’s now staying as far as I’m concerned - huge news.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just being picky, but completely agree with the sentiment. We remember them because they are so unusual.
Yeh true - Grealish was a while ago now and admittedly I’d forgotten Wood. But yes, very rare in England - never known an Albion player have one activated or us activate one from an English club.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great news. And the right move for Moises too, for now at least.

His stock should only continue to improve with us faster on the pitch than it would warming the bench elsewhere.

As for trying to get the upper hand in contract negotiations, I wouldn't fancy my chances against Tony in a game of Rock Paper Scissors.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Superb news. Hopefully this means he will stay beyond summer but if not, it’s surely another £30m on the price tag. I’d rather the former to be honest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am fairly certain that Alexis will go this summer, but we really want Moises to stay next season. One major sale every season means the process works.
We all assumed Moises would be off and looks like we were wrong. Amazing how quickly people reside to players going - had it with Biss for 2-3 years didn’t we! I think the one player per window MAX will be pretty stuck to now.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I am fairly certain that Alexis will go this summer, but we really want Moises to stay next season. One major sale every season means the process works.
My view is Alexis will be allowed to leave in the summer and this has been used as leverage to wrap up Caicedo as unlikely to let them both go in the same window

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those speculating about a RELEASE CLAUSE - feel free to tell us the last 5 players in the premier league or even EFL who moved because a club triggered their release clause…. GO…

If you can’t, can everyone stop talking all football manager and mentioning ‘release clauses’ 🤣👍 THEY RARELY EXIST IN ENGLAND AND CERTAINLY NOT BY BLOOM - IT TAKES THE CONTROL OUT OF THE CLUBS HANDS!
Indeed.

The Albion are all about control, and having a player with a release clause means that control is taken away.

I must admit, I'm struggling to understand quite why Caicedo would sign another deal right now, as it weakens his hand for getting his move. He may still get his move as and when he wants it, of course, but he's ceded more power/control to the Albion and he certainly didn't like that just over a month ago.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Don't try and play Tony at poker Todd
All the evidence suggests that the greenhorn would.

To me this feel like Caicedo's agent was lured in front of a camera with Barber lifting his shirt up and Bloom pulling his pants and trousers down before them pushing him over and telling him "If you mess with the king, you'd best not miss" before going for a soya peppermint latte I expect.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
General run of Twitter:

"'m sorry, we have shedloads of money, dodgy foreign ownership, and tourists wearing our kit can be found at every sex tourism hotspot in the world.
He's our player. We deserve him."

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Indeed.

The Albion are all about control, and having a player with a release clause means that control is taken away.

I must admit, I'm struggling to understand quite why Caicedo would sign another deal right now, as it weakens his hand for getting his move. He may still get his move as and when he wants it, of course, but he's ceded more power/control to the Albion and he certainly didn't like that just over a month ago.
Maybe a nice big pay rise was reward enough for him for now...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I had the misfortune to hear this excellent news on TS earlier this evening by the numpty lead and someone called Leanne My Opinion Is The Only One That Counts ..what utter tosh they came up with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here