Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The transfer window is open for too long. I'd shut it at the end of July. Open 1 June. Close 31 July. It should not be open once the season has started.

I'd like it to be permanently open, just to find out at what point Fabrizio Romano will spontaneously implode.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I do agree that at some point we have to draw a line under this saga.

I hope the TB says if a deal is to be done then it has to be done by the end of next week, or we close the door. If he was to go we have to give ourselves time to get a replacement so this can't drag on IMO.

Agree a deal by next week, or he stays 1 more season. End of.
I don’t think we will be shopping for a replacement once this deal is done I think his replacements and cover are already here. Interesting to see the comments about Alzate impressing RDZ this morning.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yep, I'd go along with that. And also ditch the disruptive January one. Sort yourselves out with what you need for the whole season and if it doesn't work, tough.
We've started seasons with a strong looking squad and needed the January window in the past through sheer bad luck. 15/16 is a season I remember particular well for that. Besides, many of our best ever signings have been done in January - including Caicedo!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don’t think we will be shopping for a replacement once this deal is done I think his replacements and cover are already here. Interesting to see the comments about Alzate impressing RDZ this morning.
Massssive risk. We just dont have enough defensive midfield cover and our defence looks light as well. Might see a few more Everton freak results if we decide to go down this route.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Would agree but didn't they try closing the transfer window before the start of the season a few years back and then immediately binned it. Or am I making that up.
Yes they did. It was because Europe had their own deadline towards the end of August and wouldn't change it, so there was then a risk of Prem clubs losing players to European teams after the season had started, whereas UK teams weren't able to do this after our deadline shut earlier.

In the end we caved in and joined back in line with the rest of Europe. Sound familiar? Let's hope so!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We've started seasons with a strong looking squad and needed the January window in the past through sheer bad luck. 15/16 is a season I remember particular well for that. Besides, many of our best ever signings have been done in January - including Caicedo!
I take all of that onboard, but I still think it should be binned. It's disruptive, fees are inflated and it's just another chance for more guff to be written about players and their 'dream' moves.

Either that, or just leave the market open and people can buy and sell whenever they like. Just like in normal industries...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Massssive risk. We just dont have enough defensive midfield cover and our defence looks light as well. Might see a few more Everton freak results if we decide to go down this route.

One of our best performances of the season was away to Arsenal when we played Gross and Gilmour as a double pivot.

But to be fair, Caicedo was excellent at RB in that match.

Could it be that Caicedo is perhaps overqualified defensively for the way that we play? We dominate possession, so perhaps a more offensive double pivot may deliver the team a net improvement?

After all, if you take away Mac Allister's penalties, his and Caicedo's combined output in the league last season was just 5 goals and 3 assists.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I take all of that onboard, but I still think it should be binned. It's disruptive, fees are inflated and it's just another chance for more guff to be written about players and their 'dream' moves.

Either that, or just leave the market open and people can buy and sell whenever they like. Just like in normal industries...
:lolol: :lolol: Even that doesn’t always work in practice……there was an effective ‘window’ in financial services due to bonuses almost universally being paid in Feb/March - no-one would resign from their job between say September and March as it would mean missing out on their annual handout (although sometimes ‘signing on’ fees were paid to compensate, this was quite rare).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Oh, please... go forth and multiply.There are plenty of proper Brighton supporters who would love your season ticket, but sadly can't afford the financial committment, so we end up with arseholes like your self.

Failed Londoners who have moved to the South. Interesting comment on the scaffolding thread re your Londoner dad. You should have stayed there.
Hello! I'm more Londoner than Sussex now. 16 years from birth in Sussex, coming up to 40 since in that there London.

Now, does that make me a success for moving from Sussex to London if its a failure in reverse? Hope so as I'm looking for a reason to celebrate.

I'm going to be disappointed if the response doesnt start with "No, it just makes you a ...."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One of our best performances of the season was away to Arsenal when we played Gross and Gilmour as a double pivot.

But to be fair, Caicedo was excellent at RB in that match.

Could it be that Caicedo is perhaps overqualified defensively for the way that we play? We dominate possession, so perhaps a more offensive double pivot may deliver the team a net improvement?

After all, if you take away Mac Allister's penalties, his and Caicedo's combined output in the league last season was just 5 goals and 3 assists.
Excellent point……although we’ll definitely miss his ball-winning. We’re excellent at winning the ball back after losing possession, and Moises plays a huge role in that

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hello! I'm more Londoner than Sussex now. 16 years from birth in Sussex, coming up to 40 since in that there London.

Now, does that make me a success for moving from Sussex to London if its a failure in reverse? Hope so as I'm looking for a reason to celebrate.

I'm going to be disappointed if the response doesnt start with "No, it just makes you a ...."
No, it just makes you a....

I do hate disappointing people... :D :D .

In all honesty...well done.You going in the opposite direction, I take as you wanted to educate them....a hopeless task, but fair play to you...:D:D:D

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Marc Cucurella, an ex-team-mate of Caicedo's, said: "I think he wants to come here. I've read in the media lots of times. I have a good relationship with him, he is a good midfielder and if he comes I think we have a top midfielder for a long time."

Shut it Marc!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Excellent point……although we’ll definitely miss his ball-winning. We’re excellent at winning the ball back after losing possession, and Moises plays a huge role in that

True, but Gilmour is a more accurate passer, meaning fewer recoveries are required.

How many of Caicedo's incredible tackles are to win back his own misplaced pass?

Here is a comparison between them, per 90 last season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230719-124403.png
    Screenshot_20230719-124403.png
    382.1 KB · Views: 99

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Back to the old days when an unfancied team with a star gets their season destroyed because a rich club unsettles the player or even sings them at a critical moment in the season?

No thanks. The window was created to stop this.

Marc Cucurella, an ex-team-mate of Caicedo's, said: "I think he wants to come here. I've read in the media lots of times. I have a good relationship with him, he is a good midfielder and if he comes I think we have a top midfielder for a long time."

Shut it Marc!
He really is a c*nt.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
True, but Gilmour is a more accurate passer, meaning fewer recoveries are required.

How many of Caicedo's incredible tackles are to win back his own misplaced pass?

Here is a comparison between them, per 90 last season.
So we are all agreed? MC is actually a bit shit and he and Mac held us back last season?

Finally, wisdom prevails!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Back to the old days when an unfancied team with a star gets their season destroyed because a rich club unsettles the player or even sings them at a critical moment in the season?

No thanks. The window was created to stop this.

Obviously.

It would be a Wild West of players being nicked with a couple of months to run, destroying hopes and dreams.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Obviously.

It would be a Wild West of players being nicked with a couple of months to run, destroying hopes and dreams.
Plus, I love the sound of the window slamming shut.

Clang!

:lolol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Shut it Marc!
How many games did that prick play in the same side with Moises? About 6 at a guess.
Chelsea fans don’t like you, piss off somewhere else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here