Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did the flags and banners go?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Good on em I say, they don't do anything wrong & are just trying to get some noise going..... I don't understand why so many people have problem with them.

Crack on lads !!!

i'm not in the North Stand but good luck to them, I cant believe people still defend The (Anytown) Seagulls George Cross, tradition my arse, they're bland, past their sell by date, and only popular with those that have picked one up at Sports Soccer in North St with a 90% off sticker post any tournement quarter final. (However, last seasons BHA Ultras one should be retained for posterity in 'The Museum of Cringe')

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
The more noise, songs and banners the better in my opinion. Try out as many songs as possible. Some will fail, others will catch on. Good on the NSK for giving it a go. Keep it up lads (and that's from an old duffer of 50)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have no problem with NSK really I just wish they would stop there bleating and hard done by act, and constan seaking for approval. They should just 'put up' or 'shut up', get on with it and do what they want. If it's good then people will react well to it if it's bad people will criticise but as wannabe 'ultras' they are of a rather weak constitution.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I really can't believe our own supporters are having a slagging match over some banners. New stadium which was only a pipe dream 5 years ago, 20,000 crowds, CMS and Vicente playing for the Albion, Gus Poyet in charge and playing in the championship. Can it get any better.

We should be happy, not moaning about of group of people who want to bring some noise to the stadium. On the grand scale of things its a bit silly. If some Brighton supporters want to be part of the Ultras let them. If they want to hang banners, wave flags and sing let them, it is not doing any harm and most importantly it is bringing back that buzz which I completely lost at the Withdean.

The players have said it, the manager has said. Sometimes the crowd have been the 12th man. We could really do with a 12th man AT EVERY SINGLE HOME MATCH, so let it continue.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What I don't get is the hostility towards the NSK / Ultras. Why would anyone hate what they're doing?

If you're that sensitive or have such low self-esteem that you're offended by it, just ignore it. Why come on here grizzling like a six-year-old that you don't like it?

Above and beyond that, hating what a bunch of fellow Albion supporters are trying to do in the name of positivity makes no sense. Get over yourselves.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
What I don't get is the hostility towards the NSK / Ultras. Why would anyone hate what they're doing?

If you're that sensitive or have such low self-esteem that you're offended by it, just ignore it. Why come on here grizzling like a six-year-old that you don't like it?

Above and beyond that, hating what a bunch of fellow Albion supporters are trying to do in the name of positivity makes no sense. Get over yourselves.

Agreed good luck to anyone one trying to build up an atmosphere who cares what they call themselves.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It's because it's easier to do nothing except take the piss I guess. Incidentally, the cringiest thing I have *ever* seen was Keyser Soze's wank thread called something like "the cringe cup final". The fact that NOBODY replied to this lengthy and shit attempt at piss take for nearly a day (and when they did, it was that village idiot Das Reich) was hilariously cringeworthy.

Good luck to the NSK in doing their thing. Just do it louder and don't go missing, and you will win the respect of most I should think.

Sep 1, 2011
Because I was at our only charity shield win to date. No one else can better that I am theist survivor

I'm interested in joining your crew, how do you become an nsk member? Do i get a starter pack of a horn, jester hat and a whistle?

If I slowly progress up the ranks do I get like a drum or trumpet? :guitar:

Last edited:

Sep 1, 2011
It's because it's easier to do nothing except take the piss I guess. Incidentally, the cringiest thing I have *ever* seen was Keyser Soze's wank thread called something like "the cringe cup final". The fact that NOBODY replied to this lengthy and shit attempt at piss take for nearly a day (and when they did, it was that village idiot Das Reich) was hilariously cringeworthy.

Good luck to the NSK in doing their thing. Just do it louder and don't go missing, and you will win the respect of most I should think.

Swear it was a 5pager, thats pretty good going if you ask me, but im sure with your 27,424 replies you have seen some amazing threads in your time

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd love to see the Amex develop into a cauldron of continental colour and noise. But it'll never happen even though nsk are to their credit giving it a go. This is because Brighton is too small a club to have enough supporters who care enough along these lines. I mean it's nice when people come up and say like the flag etc but there's only a handful amongst 20k who have the inclination and means to create these things. Everyone else not bothered, it's a English thing really. Thats why anfield is the best we've got in the uk but even then it wouldn't beat a few 2nd division Greek club games never mind the San siros finest!! Like so many other things in the English game we sadly lack behind our continental cousins. Best in the world at moaning though. English fans are world cup winners in that respect!

You do appear to be fishing for some sort of thank you though - or even a medal. You like the "Ultras" idea, many are neutral and many think it's pants. Personally I'm in the pants brigade but apparently that makes me a moaner.

If you like the Ultras thing then carry on but stop being so sensitive when people say it's shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Swear it was a 5pager, thats pretty good going if you ask me, but im sure with your 27,424 replies you have seen some amazing threads in your time
A five pager that took a day to get to 3 posts, yes. And then the 5 pages consisted of Drumstick naively defending the NSK from a couple of muppets who really aren't worth a wank.

And yes, as you point out in a round about way, I've been here a long time - since 1996 in fact. In all that time, I can't remember many threads as poor as that to be honest. Totally and utterly cringeworthy.

You featured heavily on it didn't you?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You do appear to be fishing for some sort of thank you though - or even a medal. You like the "Ultras" idea, many are neutral and many think it's pants. Personally I'm in the pants brigade but apparently that makes me a moaner.

If you like the Ultras thing then carry on but stop being so sensitive when people say it's shit.
Hmmm so you don't react when someone calls you a c*** and or nsk = edl member? That's crossing the line in my book, people need to look at themselves and stop being so unpleasant just because they have such strong opinions about what nsk means by their own imagination. Because a nicer bunch of fans you couldn't get. Least those ive met. Those who want to spend their time name calling or making racist remarks and comparisons ought to think again. Keep the former civil and don't even think about the latter or complaints will be made - and you may get a visit from mr plod. That goes for anyone on NSC. This hatred towards fellow fans because they've used a continental or trendy tag line or you don't like the songs has got out of control in my opinion. Starting to feel a little unsafe at Albion amongst fellow fans. I've witnessed 2 unsavoury incidents by idiots threatening fellow fans over songs/chants already. Bang out of order, who starts throwing their weight around just because they don't like a song eh? Crazy. So stop being so negative and abusive on NSC if you're one of them. And keep your pre conceived ideas to yourself because they really are pathetic. These fans just wanted to build up a core support of singers and flag wavers. And the club have welcomed it, poyet himself has said so. Leave em to get on and/or join in whenever you want to. But don't stand on the sidelines pouring bile and scorn towards them. Save that for the away team

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
I really can't believe our own supporters are having a slagging match over some banners. New stadium which was only a pipe dream 5 years ago, 20,000 crowds, CMS and Vicente playing for the Albion, Gus Poyet in charge and playing in the championship. Can it get any better.

It can, imagine everything you have mentioned there - without f***ing 'ultras' mincing about. Be good wouldn't it.

Sep 1, 2011
A five pager that took a day to get to 3 posts, yes. And then the 5 pages consisted of Drumstick naively defending the NSK from a couple of muppets who really aren't worth a wank.

And yes, as you point out in a round about way, I've been here a long time - since 1996 in fact. In all that time, I can't remember many threads as poor as that to be honest. Totally and utterly cringeworthy.

You featured heavily on it didn't you?

I was partial too a comment or two on that thread, yes. You dont want to peak too quickly though do you

It got the views, it got the replys therefore what a thread

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Hmmm so you don't react when someone calls you a c*** and or nsk = edl member? That's crossing the line in my book, people need to look at themselves and stop being so unpleasant just because they have such strong opinions about what nsk means by their own imagination. Because a nicer bunch of fans you couldn't get. Least those ive met. Those who want to spend their time name calling or making racist remarks and comparisons ought to think again. Keep the former civil and don't even think about the latter or complaints will be made - and you may get a visit from mr plod. That goes for anyone on NSC. This hatred towards fellow fans because they've used a continental or trendy tag line or you don't like the songs has got out of control in my opinion. Starting to feel a little unsafe at Albion amongst fellow fans. I've witnessed 2 unsavoury incidents by idiots threatening fellow fans over songs/chants already. Bang out of order, who starts throwing their weight around just because they don't like a song eh? Crazy. So stop being so negative and abusive on NSC if you're one of them. And keep your pre conceived ideas to yourself because they really are pathetic. These fans just wanted to build up a core support of singers and flag wavers. And the club have welcomed it, poyet himself has said so. Leave em to get on and/or join in whenever you want to. But don't stand on the sidelines pouring bile and scorn towards them. Save that for the away team

I have no issue at all this. I just dont undertstand the reasoning of giving yourselves a "trendy tag line". Why not just be a bunch of Albion Fans? For the record the new Whoa Whoa Whoa song should be put to bed because Palace wiped the floor with us with their version- it has never taken off and all people do is merrily clap along to it.

Sep 1, 2011

Trendy tag line!!!!??? Next your tell me kappa poppers and hi tec trainers is todays fashion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here