Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did the flags and banners go?

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
As a few on here have mentioned, the Holmesdale Fanatics were abused left, right & centre by some of our core support, usually older fans who believe that the words Ultra & Fanatics automatically means spotty oiks looking for a scrap. The HF have now been widely accepted & have received plaudits from a wide contingency of fans for the colour & the atmosphere they bring home & away.

I suppose that the big question here is were your ultras as sensitive to criticism as ours appear to be? If they keep reacting to every comment that is negative by calling people "moaners" and questioning whether they are real fans, they are hardly likely to gain acceptance and the plaudits that the Holmesdale lot have ended up getting

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think the banners are great, but can't stand that Palace song.

This is what I don't get - does anybody call Alllbbiionnnn the Liverpool song - No because its got a different word, does anybody call Brighton Aces the Newcastle song - No becuase its got different words, ad infinitum.

Its not the Palace song, they sing a version of it the one sung in the NS is a different version.

People also forget that NSC represents what 10% of the match day crowd. I personally find that once the song gets going in the North nobody moans about it, incidentally on Saturday people were singing Brighton rather than North Stand.

There are far more threads started by the current crops of NSC trolls than members of the NSK biggging themselves up.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I thought it was because Anthony was working so he didn't go so the flags weren't there because they are his?

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
I suppose that the big question here is were your ultras as sensitive to criticism as ours appear to be? If they keep reacting to every comment that is negative by calling people "moaners" and questioning whether they are real fans, they are hardly likely to gain acceptance and the plaudits that the Holmesdale lot have ended up getting

Yes they were, they couldn't understand why a group of passionate fans, investing time & money to finally get an atmosphere at Selhurst, were getting knocked for it. Many people don't like change but now they have been going for awhile they are now 'part of the furniture'

I will say that I am not a member of or have any form of afilliation with our HF but even I respect & appreciate what they have done & I was one of the first to jump on their backs & I would still happily shove the drummer's sticks up his arse to shut him up!

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Yes they were, they couldn't understand why a group of passionate fans, investing time & money to finally get an atmosphere at Selhurst, were getting knocked for it. Many people don't like change but now they have been going for awhile they are now 'part of the furniture'

I will say that I am not a member of or have any form of afilliation with our HF but even I respect & appreciate what they have done & I was one of the first to jump on their backs & I would still happily shove the drummer's sticks up his arse to shut him up!

Mate they have properly killed your club. Some might praise you, but the majority laugh.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Mate they have properly killed your club. Some might praise you, but the majority laugh.

That's a ludicrous comment.

Certainly some fans do not agree with some of their efforts, there's talk of boycotting the Ipswich match through sky high ticket prices at Portman Road but the majority of feedback is positive. I would be interested in where you got this information from.

I've been going to Palace since 1982 and we have not had the colourful atmosphere that we have now on such a consistant basis, to the point where opposition fans praise us on ours & theirs supporters websites.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
fans praise us on ours & theirs supporters websites.

Speccy internet freaks praising other speccy internet freaks. If that pleases you then roll on. Would bet a lot of money if you bounded up to a random opposing fan in the pub and went 'heya fwiend, what ya think of our Homesdale Fanatics Group, we all write song sheets and call ourselves Ultras!?' He will either snort with laughter or smash a glass in your face.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Speccy internet freaks praising other speccy internet freaks. If that pleases you then roll on. Would bet a lot of money if you bounded up to a random opposing fan in the pub and went 'heya fwiend, what ya think of our Homesdale Fanatics Group, we all write song sheets and call ourselves Ultras!?' He will either snort with laughter or smash a glass in your face.

Like yourself I presume, posting on a message board?

You are more than entitled to your opinion, however incorrect or misguided it may be. As stated previously I am not an Ultra but you fail to have picked up on this in your last two rambling posts.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

are you gonna get off that swing and eat your banana or what...???

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
no son , i'm implying that you have the intelligence of a primate or less , smashing glasses in peoples faces eh...? goon.

No I'm not saying that is what I would do, I'm implying that might be the reaction of a rational football fan if they were presented by someone who just marched up to them and announced that they are an ultra.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here