Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When we do well this happens!!!!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Skysports.com understands a number of clubs are tracking Brighton defender Inigo Calderon.

The Spanish right-back has been a revelation at Brighton since arriving on a free transfer from Alaves last January.

The 28-year-old, who came close to a move to Southampton last summer, has established himself as a key player in Gus Poyet's side.

Calderon has been instrumental in helping Brighton to the top of League One this season and a host of Championship sides are thought to be keeping tabs on his progress.

Scottish giants Celtic are also thought to be monitoring Calderon with Neil Lennon short of options at full-back.

Calderon, who has popped up with three goals this season, signed a new three-year deal with Brighton last summer and they would be loath to lose the attacking full-back.

Surely going to Celtic would be a backward move?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We are top of the league, by 6 points, and with the best goal difference.

It would be very naive indeed to imagine that other clubs would not be keeping an eye on many of our players and staff.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Sadly, I could see his head being turned by an offer. At least we would get a decent fee.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
And yet MORE soddin' speculation.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Calderon, Painter, Greer, El Abd, Bennett, Bridcutt, Murray................................................

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Better get used to teams watching all our players, means we are doing something right!!!!!

Long may it continue as long as nobody leaves.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
This is the territory we are in now, quality manager, quality side, scouts worth their salt will be looking at our team.

Let's be honest Calderon is flairtastic, ambtious, at some point someone is going to come in with the dosh Im sure, my faith is in Tony to ensure, if (IF) he let's him go it is for a to good to refuse kind of offer, one which makes financial sense for us to be able to replace him and have cash in the bank.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Calderon said in the club podcast that he had been shocked at the reaction to his interest in at least hearing Southampton's offer. He said things are done differently abroad where if a player talks to a club it doesn't mean they necessarily want to go. I think he is and has always been happy here.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I don't believe it would happen in this window... but you never know. I'm sure there are scouts watching a number of our players, promotion would stop some of the speculation.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Celtic?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Skysports.com understands a number of clubs are tracking Brighton defender Inigo Calderon.

The Spanish right-back has been a revelation at Brighton since arriving on a free transfer from Alaves last January.

The 28-year-old, who came close to a move to Southampton last summer, has established himself as a key player in Gus Poyet's side.

Calderon has been instrumental in helping Brighton to the top of League One this season and a host of Championship sides are thought to be keeping tabs on his progress.

Scottish giants Celtic are also thought to be monitoring Calderon with Neil Lennon short of options at full-back.

Calderon, who has popped up with three goals this season, signed a new three-year deal with Brighton last summer and they would be loath to lose the attacking full-back.

Surely going to Celtic would be a backward move?

Fcuk off Celtic, big club my arse. Neil Lennon is really starting to piss me off !!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Interesting speculation. Would be very surprised if Celtic went for a League 1 full back. Perhaps if he performs the same IF we get to the Champsionship then maybe. Just seems a bit early and reeks a bit of desperation on Lennon's part. Calderon is no spring chicken or anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here