Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When we do well this happens!!!!

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
This. The only player I respect in the loyalty stakes is Matt Le Tiss.

Correct. I doubt he's made a fortune in his career and is already 28. If he gets offered a big payrise he'd be mad to not to consider it.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Remember what happened when Celtic signed Virgs?
Anyway, apparently he was threatening to leave before because he wanted to be the number one choice and he didn't feel that he was. Given that, the only reason he'd leave now is to go to a higher standard of league and I don't think Scottish football is quite what it used to be.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I am hoping he is one of our many stars, who want to walk out at the Amex after all the hard work they have put in this season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Albion assistant Mauricio Taricco has issued a hands-off warning to rivals interested in some of their table-topping stars.

The Seagulls are intent on adding to the squad during the January transfer window, not losing players who have helped them to lead League One.

Plymouth winger Craig Noone is expected to link up with Albion next month and boss Gus Poyet has made no secret of his desire to sign another striker.

Poyet’s No. 2 Taricco said: “We are working on it. The chairman and the gaffer are working really hard on it so we need to wait and see.”

Taricco is also aware of the danger of other clubs targeting the likes of Spanish right-back Inigo Calderon and winger Elliott Bennett.

Calderon was wanted by Southampton in the summer and Albion have just awarded Bennett a longer contract.

Taricco told The Argus: “We know there are people looking at different players. Every game we’ve had scouts coming and watching our games for different reasons but we always know that maybe the reason will be one of our players.

“That is something that is out of our control. That’s football really and the business we are in. They need to perform for us for Brighton but, at the same time, they are performing for themselves so it works both ways.

“We need everyone. We haven’t got the biggest squad in the world so we want to add a little bit more quality and keep everyone to win the league.”

That takes cars of that!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I wouldn't move to Glascow for a small pay rise and I live in Hastings, if was Brighton deffinitly not! You'd have to consider it though for a big pay rise especially when you consider the added European footie etc.

The 2 big clubs are boarderline Prem level but after that the SPL is surely league 1 level....... 1 million + surely with 3 years left and we'd struggle to replace him as good championship right backs won't want to come to league 1 for peanut wages. Tell them to talk to us in the summer if they're that keen.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
My girlfriend would be devastated if this happened, He's her favorite Brighton player because he looked so devastated when we conceded late on at Tranmere (i reckon its his looks really), but worse than that she's a Rangers fan :laugh:

For those saying he's a mercenary, if that was true he would have gone to Southampton in the summer, i seem to recall they were willing to double his wages!

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Celtic average attendance is over 50000 for home games and have one of the most passionate set of supporters in the uk
. He would win medals, play in europe and earn considerably more money there than with brighton- so how exactly is it not a good move for him??

If we get a good fee for him then so be it, if he stays then great.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Celtic average attendance is over 50000 for home games and have one of the most passionate set of supporters in the uk
. He would win medals, play in europe and earn considerably more money there than with brighton- so how exactly is it not a good move for him??

I think you'll find that 50k figure a little off the mark King Bumble, but yes undeniably you get to play in front of a big home crowd, the trade off being you also get to play in front of crowds of 5-6k in some pretty unspectacular grounds for your away fixtures and you play the same teams at least four times a season.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Having said all that I have said, I would be gutted if we lost him.

My little girl received her Albion xmas card, and inside was as a signed photo of said Calderon. She is not yet old enough to know all the players, but she is keen to learn. I have admired her determination to go from her first attempt to say his name.........

igloo coldiron

to the fiftieth

Indigo Coldron

and would feel all this wasted should he go.

Stay Coldron, stay!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Celtic is a hot bed that attracts average players on high wages,if we go up calderon will probably get an extra 3k a week anyway.

The SPL is shite and pointless:D

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Nothing special about winning the SPL,yes the europe thing is good but they never get very far because their shit:lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My girlfriend would be devastated if this happened, He's her favorite Brighton player because he looked so devastated when we conceded late on at Tranmere (i reckon its his looks really), but worse than that she's a Rangers fan :laugh:

For those saying he's a mercenary, if that was true he would have gone to Southampton in the summer, i seem to recall they were willing to double his wages!

100% agreed...

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I do recommend those people calling Calderon 'mercenary' listen to the Podcast with regards to what happened with Southampton, and more importantly, how much he is enjoying playing and living in Brighton. More than any other player at the club now, he would only go if it was with the club's blessing, and that's down to a blend of Gus's master plan, and simple economics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here